Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

16t minerals

Open you mind Mike. Be a free spirit.

They're behind the coat and single sack. You can just glimpse the weight.

As in this example.

8190757106_49d798db90_c.jpgTor047, Torday's Tyneside by Newcastle Libraries, on Flickr

P

They are not the same lorry, people or wagons. Indeed the second photo has a double door with roller bearings - which would suggest the mid 1970s?

Very nice useful photos, thanks for finding.

Paul

• RMweb Gold

On the 2nd pic - the inside of the upright wagon looks quite clean and the outside suggests it's not long in service? More interestingly, the wagon in which the men are standing is pretty bashed about and rusty outside whereas the inside is quite clean-ish.

Can't remember this one appearing previously?

19507473078_7afa2062c7_c.jpgLittleton Colliery exchange sidings (pjs,0398) by Geoff Dowling, on Flickr

And welded up London Traders doors. (Top Flaps)

7761605636_04a74590ea_c.jpg40011 being removed by 37098 at Healey Mills - 18th August, 1975 by Arnie Furniss, on Flickr

P

Edited by Porcy Mane
  • Like 8

Photos from the top of the coaling tower by Jim Carter no doubt.

That was my assumption when they passed by me but there was nothing to indicate who the snapper was. Looking at published photographs it seems there was a number of photographers that ventured up the tower.

P

I think that some of the images in that montage (ooh, get me and me big words) have appeared in a Jim Carter album, the one in Atlantics 'Colour of Steam' series, which is why I thought of him.