Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

16t minerals

It's Liverpudlian, but where? Atlantic Dock Junction?

I think the clue's in the caption! It's Bootle Junction on the Southport line and 45156 maybe heading on to the North Mersey branch up to Aintree. I think Atlantic dock junction is in the deep cutting that was next to Bank Hall shed.

I think the clue's in the caption! It's Bootle Junction on the Southport line and 45156 maybe heading on to the North Mersey branch up to Aintree. I think Atlantic dock junction is in the deep cutting that was next to Bank Hall shed.

Yes, sorry! I missed the 'Bootle' part of the caption, even though I looked for it everywhere

Finally made it to the end of this topic! What an inspiration.

I would have liked to have seen more models, but nevertheless it was a joy!

Is there also such a topic on other wagons? I have time to spare now I'm finished with this one :D

• RMweb Premium

Is there also such a topic on other wagons? I have time to spare now I'm finished with this one :D

Wrong,

You definitely haven't got time to spare, because as soon as you turn your back this thread ha grown another 10 pages.

Not only that, but as you find your way round the www it is astonishing how many 16T Minerals there are in every photo you see.

Youthn spend ages going through the thread to see if they have been posted before.

Be afraid, very afraid.

This monster will grow and grow.

Good hunting!

Regards

Ian

The Isle of Wight never saw a 16t mineral turn a wheel, I only used to see them when visiting Welsh relatives.

Would I be right in thinking the IoW was unique in never having one, were there any other 16 ton free zones?

Wouldn't it be nice if somebody did a kit for the 13 ton steel hopper?

P

It mightn't be too difficult to scratch build; certainly not in comparison with other hopper wagons. IIRC, the hopper bottom is at floor level, with none of the gubbins below that, such as are found on other hoppers. I wonder if there are any drawings available, and possibly some interior views?

I presume these wagons had originally been intended to replace the smaller wooden-bodied hopper that had been built by the NER, presumably for domestic coal traffic. They seem to have wander around a bit; apart from the ones featured here, I saw some being loaded with some sort of mineral traffic at Liskeard in the mid-1970s (never did find out what that was).