Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

16t minerals

8549086145_24b2db2cf7_z.jpg17-4-84 31 156 taking the ECML at Colton Junction with a freight by Barnsleyrailboy, on Flickr13923707681_e906cb5ffe_z.jpg56054 Sankey Bridges 24/02/84 by MagLad, on Flickr...and with 37.254 returning to traffic in IC livery, here's one from an earlier era12697910054_579a3696f5_z.jpg37254 at Newport by mark_jobling, on Flickr

Hadn't noticed it before but the pic of 56054 is interesting, when they were introduced the 56s were barred from working unfitted trains. Not sure if or when that bar was ever lifted.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Hadn't noticed it before but the pic of 56054 is interesting, when they were introduced the 56s were barred from working unfitted trains. Not sure if or when that bar was ever lifted.

Wasn't there a problem with early class56 draw bars being pulled out of the buffer beams?

Kev.

• RMweb Premium

If you modelled this type of location and ran this train into it at an exhibition...

https://flic.kr/p/wmE4VD

Hi Michael

Up until the early 1960s freight trains were common in Liverpool Street. Trains to and from the East London line were reversed at Liverpool Street. With the withdrawal of freight trains over the East London line the connection with Shoreditch and Liverpool Street was removed.

Nice picture of the PLA brake van. Is that ex-LMS?

No, NER or LNER going on the shape of the ducket (though the PLA may have bought them from a contractor - I know more or less nothing about PLA stock!).

Adam

With those working in the wagons plus the apparently roped off platform I wonder if there is actually work going on with the platform.

Izzy

I hope the OLE is isolated because they seem to be within shovel waving distance of a nice big flash and a bang, I can't believe even in those days it was not against the rules to stand on a wagon load under live OLE...