Cavs Workbench

• RMweb Gold

Well I could do with the cash as I just lost my job!

Thanks for the thumbs up. I was very pleased with how the SSA came out.

Cav

Sorry to hear this Cav, having gone through this process myself I know how you feel. Best of luck getting sorted out. Modelling can be a nice distraction from thinking about it thankfully.

• 2 months later...

Well its been a while since I posted anything on here so just to bump it up here a recent job Ive just finished painting for Hugh. Hope he doesnt mind me posting a pic before I weather it. 37262 in departmental grey, looking good this and a not too often modelled livery.

post-6894-0-32954400-1365975290_thumb.jpg

post-6894-0-82902500-1365975330_thumb.jpg

Cav

Thanks Duncan. I will be finishing it over the next few days so will post some pics as I go. It will be running on Hughs layout at Derby so a chance to see it in the flesh there.

Cav

Thanks Mark, I'm pretty much still tinkering with my N gauge stuff. The class 45 is in undercoat ready to get yellow applied so I guess that's next. My rake of HEAs need to be sorted out coupling and paint wise and weathered as do my 3 rakes of coaching stock.

Cav

I'm sure you've been asked lots of times, what airbrush do you have?

I'll be on the market for a new one. Unfortunately it will be sub £50 as I already have two cheaper ones (came with compressor) it's hard to justify £100+ to SWIMBO. :(

Cheers,

Mark

Cav

Having seen lots of photos of 262 in Departmental, that is seriously impressive. :sungum:  :locomotive:   Excellent work.

Duncan

Thanks Duncan, I used quite a few photos to do that and basically hand picked the best weathering details that would scale down and look right.

I'm sure you've been asked lots of times, what airbrush do you have?

I'll be on the market for a new one. Unfortunately it will be sub £50 as I already have two cheaper ones (came with compressor) it's hard to justify £100+ to SWIMBO. :(

Cheers,

Mark

Mark I use the Iwata Neo as recommended by Dave. Cost about £45 and does a great job. The switch out pots for different size paint batches is the best feature on it for me. Before that I used a cheap BD180 (?) off ebay and got just as good results. If I'm honest as long as you keep the brush clean its worth having a couple of them as back ups or for different jobs, at a tenner a piece they work great. Really do need to have their needles polished though but I found that also the case with the Iwata Neo.

Cav

Superb 37 Cav

It's a source of huge regret that I stopped gawking at trains from about 1990 something onwards until about 2005 ?

I was lucky enough to live in Scotland for 4 years...... Criminal what I missed !

So the livery you've done is in that period - ouch it annoys me !!

• 11 months later...

Its been a while since I stuck anything in here. So here goes. This is going to be the ultimate? 90. Soon to be outshopped as 90034 in DRS it features PH designs etched brass add ons and resin valences and will be powered by a dcc chipped modified Heljan Hymek chassis with directional lighting fitted. I will also be dropping my scratchbuilt BW highspeed pan on the roof.

post-6894-0-86457300-1397297085_thumb.jpg

post-6894-0-64611900-1397297101_thumb.jpg

post-6894-0-27101800-1397297225_thumb.jpg

Archived