Hi Scott,

Are you looking at the latest class 70 options? (I know there really ugly)

If you are getting bored of green then you could expand your NR yellow fleet or to liven up the play experience further still invest in a Heljan container terminal?

Hi Swifty,

I think the 3 class 70's I have are enough for now, don't want to get too carried away.

I'm not bored of green yet, I quite fancy the Hornby NR 31 but I still think its over priced so I'll wait until the price drops I think, I sold my NR stock not so long ago to fund the Freightliner bits so no rush.

As for the crane, I'll leave that to Warren Lane, they are the experts at container handling!

post-6849-0-00608500-1351337720.jpg

I'm happy modelling the depot side of things with just a glimpse of sidings. It reduces the need for lots of wagons therefore saving some crash cash!

Cheers

Scott.

Hi Swifty,

As for the crane, I'll leave that to Warren Lane, they are the experts at container handling!

Cheers

Scott.

The picture Is very funny mate! The NR 31 looks good (I haven't got it though, yet!) do you still have your NR 57/3? Good to know your not bored of green as I enjoy following your topic,

Thanks,

Tom

• RMweb Gold

Cages look fine to me and if you want to do soldering you just need three things, a big enough iron with interchangeable bits, fibre brush or fine emery cloth and lead solder, can help with what and how if you want to do it ;)

Sorry Alan! I thought there was a 6 month embargo, didnt realise it was a lifetime ban... I'll happily pick up the gauntlet for Portsmouth, I'll bring a step so I can see over the top.

Paul, you missed out skill and patience, something that I lack most of the time. I still have the inspection platform in the packet, it scares me every time I look at it. But thanks for the offer of assistance, is there a smoke alarm at Salisbury? I must pop up and see you again sometime.

Swifty, my 57 is in bits on the workbench, ever since my failed weathering attempt I've pushed it to one side, waiting for a picture of one looking really filthy after a month on the RHTT so I can hide my mistakes. Might have a go with the airbrush, I can't ruin it anymore.

Ian if i'm having a go, so are you!

Cheers

Scott

Those are FILTHY!! When I get my 57/3s I want em to look real but the air rush wont go that far!

• RMweb Gold

Paul, you missed out skill and patience, something that I lack most of the time.

So that's an admission it's just waiting for the right moment then? ;)

I still have the inspection platform in the packet, it scares me every time I look at it. But thanks for the offer of assistance, is there a smoke alarm at Salisbury? I must pop up and see you again sometime.

Advantage is brass doesn't have a best before date!

I assure you with a decent iron, some flux and solder you'll be amazed how easy it is with a decent kit.

The thicker the metal the bigger the iron and then we get to gas torches for the fun jobs :jester:

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, I've read on eBay that certain fleet members are up for sale, 66522/66610/70003/70006?

Is redbrook staying? Hope so as I always enjoy looking at the pictures and updates on how the layout is coming along

• RMweb Premium

i'm not sure i would want a class 70. if nothing else i hear they are quite difficult to get a decent sound chip and speaker to fit into. i am tempted by a bachmannn nr 57 though. first things frist though i want a drs 57 or maybe another 37 so that i can top and tail a flask wagon train. Glad i managed to get hold of one of the Bachmann collectors club special edition wagons in drs colours. Even better i managed to get it at erith exhibition 2012 on a second hand stall for only 25 quid.

• RMweb Premium

i'm not sure i would want a class 70. if nothing else i hear they are quite difficult to get a decent sound chip and speaker to fit into.

Not at all. By removing a small part of the moulding inside the body, you can fit a decent speaker. So much so that my original 70 (which was difficult as I chopped part of the chassis away) was retrofitted with the newer arrangement.

Cheers,

Mick

Evening,

I've been a bit quiet of late, lots of things behind it, mainly work, family life and a bit of a mid layout crisis..

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy with the layout as is but have felt like i've been putting all my eggs in one basket, so to speak. By that I mean I've limited myself to Freightliner when there's so much other stock I'd like to run.

I have decided to re-introduce a through line, so the line at the back will go from fiddle yard to fiddle yard, it will remain single track and will enable me to run passing traffic whilst maintaining the Freightliner presence.

Which is why I have put some of my locos up for sale, I try and keep my layout self sufficient through buying and selling.

A rather clean 67024 on the 6B45 Eastleigh Yard - Marchwood MOD train passes through, normally a 66 duty but there is a lack of DB Schenker 66's in the Redbrook area at the moment.

post-6849-0-27916200-1352674717.jpg

Thanks for the interest and hopefully I'll have the line up and running soon, I was thinking about third rail ready in anticipation of a Bachmann 450.

Cheers for now.

Scott

Archived