Top Gear on the Great Central Railway

given TG's record when it come to caravans I think we can all have a pretty good guess as to what happens, just the how of it ;)

Agreed. The Caravans' demise is a foregone conclusion; all we await is how it happens...

Far better for a caravan to end it's life in glory on Top gear than the way they usually do - spread across all three lanes of the motorway... :rolleyes: :angry: :P

I vote that the caravans are plowed into by that 'Russian' class 20 from "Goldeneye", then just to make sure, a Challenger tank drives over them.

And if there's still any sign of caravan left, they will probably set fire to it all!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

John E.

• RMweb Gold

I vote that the caravans are plowed into by that 'Russian' class 20 from "Goldeneye", then just to make sure, a Challenger tank drives over them.

And if there's still any sign of caravan left, they will probably set fire to it all!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

John E.

Can I put my vote in for every caravan in Britain to suffer this fate please :yahoo:

Is that an A4, on the front? an Audi one?

I wonder who drove the things under the GCR's strict traction rules, and did they have permission to exceed 25MPH?

Gary

Unless the Audi was steam powered, which I assume it was not, then it would be able to reach speeds of up to 75mph if specially authorised by the General Manager, all public access to the site is removed, and the whole line is under a T3 possession. :laugh:

• 3 weeks later...

If a trailer shown last night is to be believed, caravans on the Great Central will be shown this coming Sunday.

As ever, you can count on the Top Gear presenters to be mature and responsible in the vicinity of railway tracks...

I bet that they are not through fitted with air or vac brakes. Just the usual caravan brake that acts when the van is pushing against the towing vehicle.

We only have to wait until 20:00 tonight!

Guest baldrick25

We only have to wait until 20:00 tonight!

Think I would rather enjoy more, threading fishing line through Ratio plastic fenceposts, than watch THAT!

Archived