Golden Age

kiltedsignaller

Just to be clear John, do you mean Golden Age Models? As a satisfied customer, I'm certainly not aware of any issues. They are a small company in terms of headcount, so perhaps Quentin in on holiday?

Thanks for your reassuring reply, Gordon. You are probably correct in your presumption.

• 4 weeks later...

I was wondering exactly the same thing. I've written to Golden Age Models a few times to express an interest in placing an order and never had a reply or acknowledgement.

He WAS away at a trades fair on the Continent.

The best thing to do is to telephone. I've dealt with Quentin before, but have now had superb service from him. Just taken delivery of a new coach and am absolutely delighted with it :yes:

post-7233-0-29082900-1311276335_thumb.jpg

Slight digression. But I wonder if owners of Goldenage products could help me.

I'm considering purchasing two 1928 Pullman brake's to top and tail Bachmann mk1 Pullmans.

- how heavy are these vehicles?

- does the livery match the mk1's?

I can only confirm the same above. I've only ever had great service from Quentin and I'm sure you will be over the moon with what ever you buy from Him. Try giving him a ring, I know he travels alot to the far east.

All the best

Although the coaches are superb quality I would recommend beefing up the coupling mechanism on the Bachmann Mk1's because the GAM ones are very heavy, being made of brass. I snapped off a Hornby Pullman coupler towing their Devon Belle car on the back of my Pullman rake! The GAM products are superb quality though, so well worth that little bit of extra effort.

Regards,

Dan

• 2 months later...

Has anyone bought one of their Brighton Belle models or seen one up clos in the flesh?

I would like to know what your assessment of it is.

How would it compare in all probability with the upcoming Hornby version of this train?

Especially since it is a brass model!

• 3 weeks later...

I have dealt with Quentin and found him to be a very honest and trustworthy guy.I grew tired of waiting for an A2 and requested a full refund of my deposit. I was given a full refund without any problems. I do know its not easy dealing with companies many thousands of miles away and that seems to be Quentin's problem.However he is not alone with that issue even a much larger company such as Hornby suffer from these troubles.

Kind Regards,Derek.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Quentin has emailed me picures of both the A1 and A2 models and as you would expect they are superb.

He also sent me a few pics of the pre production Merchant Navy.

I might have to sterch to a rebuilt Merchant Navy but its the Duchess Im looking forwad to.

I will ask Quentin if I can put the pictures up on here.

• 3 months later...

Ive spoken to Quentin tonight and with his permission i will post a few pics up.

post-5983-0-36896200-1336594314.jpg

post-5983-0-27879300-1336594341.jpg

post-5983-0-42846900-1336594379_thumb.jpg

post-5983-0-53555900-1336594432.jpg

He has informed me that he has a few of the A1, A2s left & is now taking orders for both the unrebuilt ( as seen above ) & the rebuilt Merchant Navy.

He can be contacted through his web site which although has not seen any recent updates is still running.

I have no connection to GAM apart from a satisfied customer.

Quentin cab be contacted by the following;

quentin@goldenagemodels.net

01929 480210

Golden age Models

PO box888

Swanage

Dorset

BH19 9AE

Check out Over Peover on the layout theads for plenty of Golden Age Products. Quentin works closley with The layout owner.

post-5983-0-48110600-1337191705.jpg

post-5983-0-95788800-1337191738.jpg

This was my 7mm GAM A4. Weathered by Fred Lewis.

Unfortunatley I had to sell it. Damn World banking Crisis & being self employed in the building industry.

Edited by steve fay
  • Like 1

They really are the most superb models and after seeing those pics and vids I have a feeling I'll be emailing Quentin again very soon. If my bank manager hauls me in for a good dressing down I'll have to tell him that Steve Fay made me do it!

• Like 1