New Bryford - the Final Countdown.

newbryford

Ah, right. So I should recognise him fairly easily. He will be the one being led away in hand cuffs, given an asbo and a £80 fine for breaching the peace.

Well there always is one from each exhibition, so I'm told.

After spending the evening with MB last night, he maybe looking like a "killer clown" this morning......................vodka and coke does that to him!

After spending the evening with MB last night, he maybe looking like a "killer clown" this morning......................vodka and coke does that to him!

To be entirely prototypical, you probably need some clowns in the streets . Here in Swindon , there are plenty but they don't dress up

Mick, I know you have already stated this somewhere (I can't find it) but for the benefit of those of us who were called to an work 'emergency' (that was nothing of the sort) 5 minutes after setting off for Peterborough, when is NB next being exhibited, please?

Peterborough is one of my favourite exhibitions to visit too. Well and truly pee'd off over missing it. Rant over.

EDIT: For spelling error. If my spelling and grammar becomes any worse I will apply for a job with the bbc.

• RMweb Premium

Mick, I know you have already stated this somewhere (I can't find it) but for the benefit of those of us who were called to an work 'emergency' (that was nothing of the sort) 5 minutes after setting off for Peterborough, when is NB next being exhibited, please?

Peterborough is one of my favourite exhibitions to visit too. Well and truly pee'd of over missing it. Rant over.

Shame you couldn't get there.

Next booked outing is in the east, but very much north of Peterborough.

RailexNE in July 2017.

There are other shows in the pipeline, but they will be announced when confirmed.

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Premium

Shame you couldn't get there.

Next booked outing is in the east, but very much north of Peterborough.

RailexNE in July 2017.

There are other shows in the pipeline, but they will be announced when confirmed.

Cheers,

Mick

Blackburn September 2017 will be it's last "home club" show. It first appeared there in 1999 after I'd joined the club about 12 months previously.

I'm hoping to announce the FINAL show soon. (late 2018)

Cheers,

Mick

As NB will be 1/4 Century old by the time it is 'retired' it will have reached that point where it really can be classed as iconic.

There aren't many layouts that you can stumble across on RMW and instantly recognise it from 2 decades earlier. (Walford Town being another one from that era that is still going strong now- and STILL manages to prove elusive when I try to see it for real).

It's a shame it's to be retired. .....just got to grips with the order

It gets packed up in. G

Blackburn September 2017 will be it's last "home club" show. It first appeared there in 1999 after I'd joined the club about 12 months previously.

I'm hoping to announce the FINAL show soon. (late 2018)

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Premium

. (Walford Town being another one from that era that is still going strong now- and STILL manages to prove elusive when I try to see it for real).

That's because Walford is a fictional place in a soap opera..............

I'll get me coat.

Cheers,

Mick

It's a shame it's to be retired. .....just got to grips with the order

It gets packed up in. G

You still have two years to practise.

Cheers,

Mick

I assume you do know about the EM layout of Walford Town- Worthing MRC if I recall correctly. Another layout that is from a different era but just somehow manages to capture the look just right, the same as NB.

BTW are there any photos of NB being run as a BR layout, or did you start from day one with privatisation? I really cannot remember from the original magazine story.

That's because Walford is a fictional place in a soap opera..............

I'll get me coat.

Cheers,

Mick

You still have two years to practise.

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Premium

I assume you do know about the EM layout of Walford Town- Worthing MRC if I recall correctly. Another layout that is from a different era but just somehow manages to capture the look just right, the same as NB.

BTW are there any photos of NB being run as a BR layout, or did you start from day one with privatisation? I really cannot remember from the original magazine story.

Hi Derek,

Yes, I've seen Walford town - very nice.

As NB was built in the very early 90s, BR blue was on the way out and much of the stock was sectorisation era with the likes of Regional Railways 31s on "Club" trains to Blackpool and later privatisation with Virgin HSts. We were always (and still are) known for being reasonably current.

post-408-0-93489300-1476903689.jpg

post-408-0-41619800-1476903693.jpg

The early incarnation of NB was also renowned for it's preserved steam traction.

post-408-0-09059600-1476903596.jpg

post-408-0-58056700-1476903691.jpg

But just for you, some BR blue action

post-408-0-35498000-1476903692.jpg

Photo courtesy of Gareth Bayer - I remember him taking a few photos at the St Neots show.

Cheers,

Mick

Bob on .....banger blue.....just need a 31 and vac braked mk1s. ...see if knew you wanted to go all 80s....even the trany is blue. G

Hi Derek,

Yes, I've seen Walford town - very nice.

As NB was built in the very early 90s, BR blue was on the way out and much of the stock was sectorisation era with the likes of Regional Railways 31s on "Club" trains to Blackpool and later privatisation with Virgin HSts. We were always (and still are) known for being reasonably current.

FY_01s.jpg

nb153158.jpg

The early incarnation of NB was also renowned for it's preserved steam traction.

nb75014.jpg

nb3442.jpg

But just for you, some BR blue action

nb08703s.jpg

Photo courtesy of Gareth Bayer - I remember him taking a few photos at the St Neots show.

Cheers,

Mick

• 5 months later...

I know it is a bit late, I went to the national festival festival of railway modelling back last year and I loved the layout, New Bryford is my favourite layout.

I pretty much cam eon a 4 hour train journey just to see the layout, some of my favourite photos of it are attached below.

post-31551-0-77595300-1490201352_thumb.jpg

post-31551-0-96188900-1490201378_thumb.jpg

post-31551-0-84772600-1490201401_thumb.jpg

post-31551-0-30288200-1490201431_thumb.jpg

post-31551-0-15933000-1490201461_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Premium

Hi Mick

Loving the early photos of NB. Have you got any more and any chance you could put them up to show us newbies?

Keep up the good work

deltic9014

Unfortunately no digital images. Somewhere, I have copies of the various pictures that appeared in the magazine articles. They are hidden away somewhere amongst my stuff. I'll also have to check about scanning and copyright, but I'm pretty sure that it shouldn't be a problem.

It will be a few days though before I can get round to it.

NB's next planned outing is to RailexNE in July.

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Premium

What will happen to NB once it retires? It'd be an awful shame to see it broken up or just lay around.

No idea just yet. Need to finalise it's last show.

Cheers,

Mick

• 3 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Four and a bit weeks to it's likely final showing in the north-east at Railex NE

Starting to get things ready and check that we haven't misplaced anything since October.........

Cheers,

Mick

• 1 month later...

Archived