New Bryford - the Final Countdown.

newbryford

• 3 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Starting to think about getting New Bryford to the Wakefield show in a couple of weeks time...

Always look forward to having a spin with the roundy-roundy! It gives me a chance to run a few different items and formations than those usually found on Blackmill.

Cheers,

Mick

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Now that Warley show is done and dusted, I can spend a few days on getting New Bryford ready (with a couple of new bits of stock)

The plan is to sort NB at the clubrooms Tuesday night for van loading on Thursday - I also need to get my little helper - otherwise known as my 17 y-o daughter, to help me load in the van on Thursday night. Unfortunately this may involve a financial incentive. But probably sorted with a "you're not borrowing the car to go to college on Monday- get the bus" instead

Hoping to have Colas 60021, Royal 67005 and DRS 66434 ready for the weekend, but depends on;
a: Available time in the shed.

b: Delivery of a biffo 67 sound decoder (it's in the post)

c: Not getting anymore bookings for work in the forthcoming evenings (although that would possibly mean more to spend on the 2nd hand stall.......)

d: Me, getting my ar$£ into gear and actually doing the work

e: Not spending too much time on RMWeb.

To help a, d & e and possibly c

I'm off for some zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz's

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Premium

Hoping to have Colas 60021, Royal 67005 and DRS 66434 ready for the weekend, but depends on;

a: Available time in the shed.

b: Delivery of a biffo 67 sound decoder (it's in the post)

c: Not getting anymore bookings for work in the forthcoming evenings (although that would possibly mean more to spend on the 2nd hand stall.......)

d: Me, getting my ar$£ into gear and actually doing the work

e: Not spending too much time on RMWeb.

Update:

a: Just enough,

b: Arrived Tuesday and fitted Wednesday (Thanks Bif/Royal Mail for the swift delivery)

c: A couple of cancelled work sessions on Wednesday made some time (but less moolah for the Wakey second hand stall......)

d: Just about got into 2nd gear.........

e: Still spent too long on RMWeb.

I cleaned the airbrush about 30 mins ago - I hope the paint is dry by the morning.

See you all at Wakefield.

Cheers,

Mick

• 3 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Three and a half months to NB's next outing at the excellent Perth MRS show.

It's about now when I ( and Spike) compile a list of jobs to be done. Then we leave it until about two weeks before the show to get on with them.

In the meantime, I'm trying to put together a mostly Mk1 based railtour set for steam and heritage diesel haulage. Details of that will start to appear over on my workbench thread in the next couple of days.

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Premium

Well at least you DO A LIST, that's more than most folk do when making an Exhibition of themselves in public. :no:  :no: :no:  :no: hahhahaha :sarcastichand:  :sarcastichand: :sarcastichand:  

Doing a list is easy, It's the doing something about it that's difficult!

Cheers,

Mick

It's about now when I ( and Spike) compile a list of jobs to be done. Then we leave it until about two weeks before the show to get on with them.

In the meantime, I'm trying to put together a mostly Mk1 based railtour set for steam and heritage diesel haulage. Details of that will start to appear over on my workbench thread in the next couple of days.

Cheers,

Mick

I shall be watching this with...........................

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Hi Great looking layout what sound chips do you tend to use and do you have any class 47?

Keep up the good work,

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for the compliment. Pretty much most of the sound decoders are ESU, v3.5 and v4, with sounds largely from Legomanbiffo. Some from Howes and one or two other sound compiler friends. There is one Zimo MX645 on the roster and that's in "Tornado".

I only have one sound fitted 47 at the moment - 47501, but it's possible that the decoder may get transferred to a WCRC 47 when I get round to repainting one.

Cheers,

Mick

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Cheers,

Mick

The layout is dismantled, packed and ready at the clubrooms for the Friday morning pickup.

Most of the stock is readied and in the relevant transit boxes - including a Mk1 set with K1 of 2x37's at the helm.

Just a few more things to arrange and we'll be at Perth this coming weekend.

Come and say hello at NB's first (and possibly last depending on future ideas/plans) trip north of the border.

Cheers,

Mick

Stood and watched this great layout over the weekend at Perth every time i was there Mick was missing i did look for you. Hope that it get's another invite north again. Didnt see any Deadmans lane stickers anywhere either.

Bruce

• RMweb Premium

Stood and watched this great layout over the weekend at Perth every time i was there Mick was missing i did look for you. Hope that it get's another invite north again. Didnt see any Deadmans lane stickers anywhere either.

Bruce

Hi Bruce,

I was there a decent amount of the time - promise!. You probably came round when I was on a "cool-down" break.

As the DL stickers are limited edition - I only have three of them - it was felt that they may be open to "collectors"!

Don't worry - I'm planning on having a few more made.

NB ran very well for a near-25 year old layout. A couple of issues with rail joints from about 2pm Sunday when the hall was becoming quite warm. I was quite concerned that there would be bigger problems, but thankfully, they didn't materialise.

As for north of the border again, that's not down entirely to me......... Time is running out on a planned second retirement.

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Premium

Yes thoroughly enjoyed viewing New Bryford at Perth. Didn't realise there was a thread on here until I just recognised the name. I loved the constant procession of trains. A relatively simple track plan but interesting operation. Other layouts could learn from this. I liked the Manchester area setting, as well ,having worked down here for the last two years and recognising the Lancashire bus

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Looking forward to another update bud... :senile:

Nothing to update yet. Next outing likely to be May 2016 in Yorkshire. (Need to send paperwork....)

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Premium

Presumably an application for a visa?  :jester:

My passport for Yorkshire was last applied for in November 2014. I think it's valid for two years.

At least I think they meant 2 when they last greeted me in Yorkshire......................

Cheers,

Mick

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

Anything new on the layout and any updates for Hyndburn Mick?

Ian

The WCRC set for starters.

(Trying to think what was new for Wakefield/Perth that hasn't been seen on the North-West  circuit)

Cheers,

Mick

Archived