New Bryford - the Final Countdown.

newbryford

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

A great weekend was had with the team on NB, I thoroughly enjoyed every minute and would happily do it again.

I've taken a few photos of the layout and made a gallery here: http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/gallery/album/3741-new-bryford-belmrs-blackburn-exhibition-2015/

Thanks,

Jack.

Nice pics Jack. Glad you enjoyed the weekend.

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Premium

Spotted the photo of 62005 in the above gallery. Nice to see that one has made it into public view. You running it just with support coach, or the rake of WCRC coaches too? Just wondering given where the marker lamp is... 

It was running with a rake of WCRC coaches as well as 80217 (ta for the pics BTW). The headlamp was a late addition - the plan is to fit a SMD LED and paint the lamp housing black.

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Premium

Was there early on Sunday at Hyndburn good to see the DRS Blue consist on FNA's from Sellafield -  the Blue Traction kept on coming and was very impressive - I nearly lost count.......

Ian

I blame Jack374............

Cheers,

Mick

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Spent yesterday evening addng a few details in advance of the upcoming D&E show at Telford in 9 days time.

For those that regularly travel the M6 between J18/J19, this will make sense "The pies have come....."

Cheers,

Mick

Spent yesterday evening addng a few details in advance of the upcoming D&E show at Telford in 9 days time.

For those that regularly travel the M6 between J18/J19, this will make sense "The pies have come....."

Cheers,

Mick

Hi Mick ,

I was just in the middle of doing the same on one of my layouts .

" vote d pies "

Brave or stupid person did those over a live motorway ...... Even at night over a weekend .

Mike b

• RMweb Premium

Hi Mick ,

I was just in the middle of doing the same on one of my layouts .

" vote d pies "

Brave or stupid person did those over a live motorway ...... Even at night over a weekend .

Mike b

Brave AND stupid...... 2 out of the three are also from a live railway line. The other is a footbridge at the side of the railway bridge.

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers,

Mick

......the car park aka the M6 like it was returning from the Midlands on Wednesday - hope you fair better Mick.

Yes - The Pies interesting one that  - I prefer a Gouranga like the one you might know on the M65.

Tried it on Freight Only to some effect.

post-7252-0-66279900-1455957199_thumb.jpg

Ian

Set up and ready to roll at the D&E show at Telford.

Cheers.

Mick

Had Telford pencilled in but clashes with the ELR Diesel tomorrow  - you at Preston? - which clashes with Mansfield.

Doesn't seem that long since NB resurrection - why the farewell?

Ian

• RMweb Premium

NB behaved itself over the weekend of the D&E show. Any problems were down to operator error......... although one coaching set started to be awkward on Sunday afternoon. I know what is required to fix it.

Thanks to Richard for the loan of the sand train. Quite an impressive looking train.

There are a couple more shows lined up on NB's farewell tour, but just like Status Quo, it may go on a bit more yet. If a plan comes to fruition, the final show (second time around) will be in 2018........

Cheers,

MIck

• RMweb Premium

Cheers,

Mick

And indeed the pies rule......

post-408-0-01816900-1456089386_thumb.jpg

Cheers,

Mick

Archived