Post a Bargain! (no discussions / questions) (was Bargain Hunters)

What about the Hornby OTA in fetching green for 9.95 that is a fiver less than others. If I was UK based they would have a few less.

www.modelrailwaysdirect.co.uk/Hornby-R6471-OTA-Timber-Carrying-Wagon/

Stephen

Today only.

Rails of Sheffield have the Bachmann J11 in LNER livery for £64.50 + Free Postage!!!!!

Time to fill your boots.

Saw this earlier. Its certainly better than everywhere else (£76.46 seems to be a common price), however in the grand scheme of things its still only an 0-6-0 tender engine with nothing really `special' about it (ie: the livery on 31-460 model). I've had Pacifics for that money in the not too distant past, so I think i'll hold out for now.

• RMweb Gold

Saw this earlier. Its certainly better than everywhere else (£76.46 seems to be a common price), however in the grand scheme of things its still only an 0-6-0 tender engine with nothing really `special' about it (ie: the livery on 31-460 model). I've had Pacifics for that money in the not too distant past, so I think i'll hold out for now.

IF you really want it....buy it now. Andy is quite right.

What about the Hornby OTA in fetching green for 9.95 that is a fiver less than others. If I was UK based they would have a few less.

www.modelrailwaysdirect.co.uk/Hornby-R6471-OTA-Timber-Carrying-Wagon/

Stephen

Yep, I took the last of those! Interestingly the two EWS OTAs are just about the only one's I can see on the net so arguably these are a bargain too! I considered getting them but for the same price I could've had an extra green one..

Edit: Amazon actually have a good price on these at the moment too, only 4 left though:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00260GE8Y/ref=asc_df_B00260GE8Y18746322?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&tag=10391-twengauk-21&trash=&linkCode=df0&creative=22206&creativeASIN=B00260GE8Y&ascsubtag=03tpn536cae5c65d94602538

£12.50 but free P&P and they have a couple EWS ones too

Yes and I remember buying a Flying Scotsman for under a tenner.

Time to smell the coffee, I doubt you will see that sort of price again.

Probably about thirty (plus) years ago, yes. I was referring to the more recent past, with equivalently detailed models affording a fair comparison. Reasoning such as `I doubt you will see that sort of price again' leads to buying blind, when in reality its often better to take a step back and actually think about what is being bought.

Timely prompt re Amazon a quick look found two Thompson Teak 3rd Suburbans for less than £22 each including postage . None now !!

Just checked Amazon,

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hornby-Gauge-224mm-Thompson-Non-Corridor/dp/B006ZL6GLA/ref=sr_1_5?s=kids&ie=UTF8&qid=1399720222&sr=1-5&keywords=thompson+Hornby

seems to suggest two left in stock - pretty much standard price though?

• RMweb Premium

Hobbycraft have 9L really useful boxes at £4. Also doing a good deal on acrylic paint £2 for 2 Reeves Intro Acrylic 120ml tubes.

Cheers,

Mick

Dapol are selling a five pack of pressflo bulk tunnel cement wagons that are weathered for the bargain price of £25 Reduced from £50. It say they have 17 packs left.

http://Dapol.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=906

The lack of underframe detail let's them down. Even the kit has the hopper bottom below the solebar, unlike their rtr version.

Hornby  green class 40 with tts sound £54.89 free delivery at Amazon.

Usually dispatched within 2 to 4 months.

Which means I suppose they they're not in stock.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hornby-Railroad-Empress-Canada-Locomotive/dp/B00IJZIONS/ref=sr_1_fkmr3_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1399824877&sr=8-1-fkmr3&keywords=Hornby++green+class+40+with+sound

According to Hattons and Model Railways Direct it isn't due out until September so that may explain the time delay. Hattons have it for £69.70 so this is still a bargain.

According to Hattons and Model Railways Direct it isn't due out until September so that may explain the time delay. Hattons have it for £69.70 so this is still a bargain.

Someone seems to have had a problem with my answer so I've tried to make it clearer.

Of course its a bargain.

I know friends who have pre-ordered books with Amazon, and then been disappointed to have their order cancelled when it's finally published. In some cases highly collectible books which are then difficult and, or expensive to obtain. Though of course this can happen with any retailer, but it's something to think about when ordering from Amazon.

• RMweb Gold

On the other hand I have benefitted from the amazon price guarantee on several pre orders including a book where the publisher hiked the price by £15 and amazon still supplied it at the ordered price.

Just received a Hornby Thompson 01 bought from their website as "damaged packaging stock". At £89.99 plus postage not a mega bargain, but well under the discounters pre order price for the next batch. And I can't see much in the way of damage to the packaging..

John.

Archived