Post a Bargain! (no discussions / questions) (was Bargain Hunters)

I've tried to buy the Dapol 00 hopper deal but it won't let me get to the checkout. Bl**dy computers! I'ii give them a ring on Tuesday. Thanks for the heads up.

Ed

Umm strange it looks like they only had 6 sets and all of those have gone, that was some promotion.. lol :scratchhead:

This limited offer ends in:

24 Days 1 Hour 3 Minutes 8 Seconds
0 left
6 purchased
Saving: 50%

I was tempted to buy some hoppers earlier today, but the fact that it says 'weathered' put me off. Having seen some of these factory weathered with mud brown paint, way too heavily would have meant a respray unless Dapol have vastly improved their weathering.

• RMweb Premium

Went to Cheshire Oaks Shopping Centre whilst in the area for a couple of days holiday. Whilst Mary was looking for a wedding outfit (son gets married in September) I went into WH Smith to find that they had a lot of books reduced. One caught my eye at the back of a pile as it looked like a Wild Swan publication - better that that as there were actually three books there - all of Gordon Gravett's books - Modelling Broadleaf Trees, Conifers, and his latest Grassland and Detailing

Published prices are £20, £22 and £25 - - - but each one was marked down to £2 - - - and even better than that they also had 3 for 2 stickers on as well which meant I got all three for £4 - now that has to be a bargain

Problem is that the guys in the Club will be expecting me to make something now - I think I have only finished one project in the last 30 years

Sorry to say that there weren't any more there as I made a point of checking throughout the store - the staff weren't much help as they get stock sent to them from all over the place. Not normal stock, they could only suggest they had been a special order somewhere that hadn't been collected??

• RMweb Premium

Went to Cheshire Oaks Shopping Centre whilst in the area for a couple of days holiday. Whilst Mary was looking for a wedding outfit (son gets married in September) I went into WH Smith to find that they had a lot of books reduced. One caught my eye at the back of a pile as it looked like a Wild Swan publication - better that that as there were actually three books there - all of Gordon Gravett's books - Modelling Broadleaf Trees, Conifers, and his latest Grassland and Detailing

Published prices are £20, £22 and £25 - - - but each one was marked down to £2 - - - and even better than that they also had 3 for 2 stickers on as well which meant I got all three for £4 - now that has to be a bargain

Problem is that the guys in the Club will be expecting me to make something now - I think I have only finished one project in the last 30 years

Sorry to say that there weren't any more there as I made a point of checking throughout the store - the staff weren't much help as they get stock sent to them from all over the place. Not normal stock, they could only suggest they had been a special order somewhere that hadn't been collected??

Did they only have one of each or are there a couple more left behind?

I called into the LT Museum at Covent Garden today purely by chance..came away a lot lighter though! The shop is having a 20% off marked price sale on Hornby & Bachmann locos and rolling stock, with quite a large selection on offer. My bargain was a Baccy SECR 592 C class, at £68. By todays standards, quite a bargain, especially as it is a rare item. I saw a Hornby D5512 and another headcode version green 31 there, but can't remember the prices. Plenty of others too. As the shop prices were generally RRP at release, and haven't sold, they are fairly old, so with the recent price rises are actually a good price I reckon.

The LT special commisions are not included, and there are no more SECR C class!

All the reduced items are located near the till downstairs.

Stewart

I called into the LT Museum at Covent Garden today purely by chance..came away a lot lighter though! The shop is having a 20% off marked price sale on Hornby & Bachmann locos and rolling stock, with quite a large selection on offer. My bargain was a Baccy SECR 592 C class, at £68. By todays standards, quite a bargain, especially as it is a rare item. I saw a Hornby D5512 and another headcode version green 31 there, but can't remember the prices. Plenty of others too. As the shop prices were generally RRP at release, and haven't sold, they are fairly old, so with the recent price rises are actually a good price I reckon.

Stewart

Just had a look on there web sit and they have some buses for £10

• RMweb Premium

Stewart

You can often pick up bargains from the LT shop. I have picked up quite a few at the Acton Town open days. It is usually 'old stock' when they need to clear the shelves/storeroom but it is very rarely the special commissions.

Stewart

The stock that gets put out is quite random - that C class wasn't there the day before, and was a real bargain as obviously they could have shifted that at full price no problem!

• RMweb Premium

http://www.freightliner.co.uk/en/shop/product/Bachmann-powerhaul-70003-locomotive/

Bachmann 70 £75 including postage. With the expected price rise I think this is a bargain?

None left now! I wonder how long before they start appearing on ebay with the upcoming rise in Bachmann's prices?

Cheers,

Mick

p.s. Mine is up for a repaint..............

They also appear to have several of the Dent and North Eastern station buildings reduced by over 50%. Not of any use to me but a bargain for anyone who is interested.

Archived