Bocott stabling point & Eastbury sidings

pitbull1845

Hi Leon, I will find the link and forward it on to you, I am pleased with the wagons and once the transfers arrive they should look even better. Talking of transfers, I need some more metals locos! Lol. I'll send 56032 to collect them. Cheers

Scott

Now that I am out of bed and on the proper computer not the phone I can povide the link to all those interested. I'm not sure if it has been posted else where:

http://homepage3.nifty.com/container/contents-E.htm

All I did was click on the 20'dry container in contents 1, this brings up the side view of the containers and just print them off and cut out. I stuck mine onto foamboard using a pritt stick style glue. It works a treat.

The 20' containers when placed next to the Bachmann ones are exactley the same size. The 40' ones appear too small but I'm sure those in the know can enlarge them..

Here is a closer view of mine, not finished yet but it gives you an idea.

post-6849-0-27843000-1297000611_thumb.jpg

Have fun

Scott

I think I will post it in the hints and tips too for those who don't read this thread...

If it saves cash then it has to be a good thing!

I tried the modification to the 60 earlier today and failed miserably.. hasn't made any improvement, in fact I would say its now worse. Maybe I haven't removed enough or worse still removed too much. I'll have another look at it over the next few days if I get chance.

One observation though, those springs are very small! I feel a search on Peters Spares (ebay) may be required. <_<

• RMweb Premium

Evening Scott

I was looking at my photos earlier and couldn't resist forwarding these ones for you, especially with your new found fetish for EDs!;)

post-6922-0-59358300-1297020241_thumb.jpg

Proof that you don't need the 'juice' rails yet! 73133 about to be removed from the 12.03 Poole-Newcastle at Reading, it had piloted 47652 which had a cracked windscreen at this end. 18th August 1988.

post-6922-0-06626400-1297020483_thumb.jpg

73208 lays over at Basingstoke with a mail train formed of three filthy blue GUVs 14th May 1988, the headcode 63 may identify the working to someone?

post-6922-0-55741800-1297020629_thumb.jpg

47805 'Bristol Bath Road' with the 06.05 Derby-Plymouth at Exeter St Davids 8th May 1992.

Hi Kevin, (oops I meant to say Scott.)

Not sure about your sudden liking for EDs :lol: ;) but I have a picture in a book somewhere showing a Dutch liv ED at Salisbury on a flask train heading for Westbury. There used to be a van train to reading that used to be an ED. A short van train from Southampton to Bocott sounds like a good idea, you could have a class 33, 47, 73, or a DCWA class 50. Hellfire! :D

Cheers Peter.

Looks like you boys had a nice running session, some decent traction to be seen!

Scott, you and Leon have come up trumps with the containers they look superb.

How annoying are those couplings on the 60?!!! Many a time they have caused derailments.

I spoke to Hornby a couple of years ago and even did some testing on modifications for them but alas nothing has changed. A real shame as it spoils what is a fantastic model.

Hi Peter, Its me that has the liking for ED's, Kevin brought two of his down for the session, and I should be receiving one in the post soon. I have a picture of a 73 on a Flask train passing through Poole from Wifrith. Its a nice small train to run and with the Bachmann release coming out at some point it will be something I can re-create.

The van train sounds good too.

Grimleygrid, it was a good session, I hope to do a few more when I get time.. It was good to have visiting traction as well.

The containers are good, Leon has done well with his, I need to do a bit more to mine to finish them off, and as for the 60 I could quite happily ban it from Bocott,all 60 rostered services have been suspended at the moment. Might have to send it to Boxenby for repairs...

Cheers

Scott

Hi Scott, 37680, I guess its your loco, I rather like it...Who is it from? Looked on Vi & Bachmann???? I do remeber seeing a few Buxton, Construction 37's at Canton some years ago....They use to be on tanks if I remember....

ps was looking back through the thread at your RES 47's aswell, think I need one of them..Your loco fleet makes me spend money....

Hi Leon, yes 37680 is mine, its Bachmann but its been resprayed. Don't know who by as I got if good old Ebay... I have to admit I'm not fully aware of the workings but I'm sure PCM has posted comments further back about workings. I will have a trawl through and see what I can find.

Thanks for your comments David, much appreciated.

Cheers

Scott

Edit Leon, pics on Pg 14 #286

Hi Peter, Its me that has the liking for ED's, Kevin brought two of his down for the session, and I should be receiving one in the post soon. I have a picture of a 73 on a Flask train passing through Poole from Wifrith. Its a nice small train to run and with the Bachmann release coming out at some point it will be something I can re-create.

The van train sounds good too.

Grimleygrid, it was a good session, I hope to do a few more when I get time.. It was good to have visiting traction as well.

The containers are good, Leon has done well with his, I need to do a bit more to mine to finish them off, and as for the 60 I could quite happily ban it from Bocott,all 60 rostered services have been suspended at the moment. Might have to send it to Boxenby for repairs...

Cheers

Scott

Sorry Scot,t I meant to put your name, not sure what happen'd there.

Cheers Peter.

Evening,

not a great deal done due to lack of spare time. however the rumours were true and 73125 has arrived at Bocott. Nobody is quite sure what it's going to be used fo,r but its been suggested that it will be used on the 3 van parcels service.

post-6849-0-29411800-1297367446_thumb.jpg

MOD traffic appears to be on the increase, 33108 can be seen passing the sidings with an MOD service to Didcot Parkway.

post-6849-0-82053300-1297367415_thumb.jpg

Bocott Stabling point was originally for the locos from the Construction sector which were re-homed there for the nearby quarry and cement terminal. As time moves on it would seem that its now a free for all and has developed into more than just a stabling point. Maybe when the management get a grip of the situation they will update the signage at the depot.

post-6849-0-79467700-1297367448_thumb.jpg

Eastbury Sidings still remain under the Construction banner but as per the stabling point it looks like its use is becoming more generic. Dave the Postie has picked up the keys to his new wheels, ideal for the rough road leading up to the offices. Much better than his old Leyland Daf sherpa.

post-6849-0-59872500-1297367451_thumb.jpg

Thanks to Jack at http://modelsigns4u.mfbiz.com/ for the signs, just what I wanted.

Cheers for now

Scott

Hello mate, been keeping an eye, looking Very good.

I particularly like your track work in the fist picture, very effective. Is it code 75 or 100?

Hope the family's well an work not grinding you down to much (like it is up here for me !)

All the best

Paul

Hi Paul, cheers for your comments, the track is code 100. Maybe on the next layout I will use 75 but I'm happy with the 100.

Family's all good thanks, getting married in April so lots to do for that (Like pay for it!)

Work is fine too, we have been left alone thank goodness. Nobody seems safe at the moment, my old unit have just been cut by 18, so its more of a death unit now rather than a pro-active dept.

Hang in there mate, the storm will pass through eventually, and then someone will re invent the wheel (get promotion) and round it goes again.

Hows your modelling coming along?

Be safe

Scott

Hi Scott,

Great pictures again, love the latest addition B)

Have you had any more thoughts on the third rail installation? the VEP will be out soon ;) or are you plans put on hold due to wedding bells ££££ :D

Keep up the good work and updates,

All the best Darren NSE DAZ

Hi Darren, £rd rail is still a strong possibility, I was discussing it with Kevin when he came down last week. I was thinking of just doing the main lines, no need really for the reception line and sidings. It would be fairly straightforward I guess. Its the EMU's that would have to be on hold until after the wedding. Unless of course I add them to the wedding list!

Thanks for looking.

Scott

• RMweb Gold

Unless of course I add them to the wedding list!

Well you don't need the usual, set of plates etc boring pressies so I'd say go for it :D

Supposed to be a special day so a present that sends you out to the garage to avoid getting into trouble sounds perfect. :lol:

Archived