Bocott stabling point & Eastbury sidings

pitbull1845

No developments on the layout to report I'm afraid, but I did hear that there is a possibility that the Bocott 3 may be returning tomorrow. The rumour is that the locos have worked up to Exford Park from Leaford tonight and will be heading down to Bocott, due around lunchtime. I will try and have the camera ready for their arrival.

Cheers

Scott

Well the intel was correct, driver Ian worked down the 10:35 Exford-Eastbury engineers, arriving at Eastbury around 12:30. Hauled by the 33 with the 56 and 47 dead in transit.

Depot manager Charlie was there to take over controls, having the required knowledge.

I managed to grab a couple of photos of them arriving in the reception line, and one of their final destination before they become part of the Bocott roster.

post-6849-0-39245100-1295975974_thumb.jpgpost-6849-0-57909800-1295975978_thumb.jpgpost-6849-0-75069900-1295975981_thumb.jpg

I don't think it will be long before they are allocated duties!

Afte a couple of cups of coffee and a biscuit or two Ian made his way back to Exford. Thanks must also go to Kevin from Leaford for his assistance in getting the locos mucky. Much appreciated.

Disaster!!!!! :angry:

New addition 33108 has been feeling low since leaving Leaford and today it all got too much for it and lept off the track, just as it rounded the bend. It landed on a plastic potting tray but only after it hit a shovel.... A quick glance reveals damage to one side of the leading cab and footstep. All windows on the one side have broken and the A and B pillars have snapped in the frame. Its now awaiting a tow too Eastleigh for assessment and hopefully repair.

Not good news for Bocott.

Evening,

Thanks for the sympathy messages... :lol:

I'm gutted as it had just returned from getting dirty but I think it can be sorted, just need a small bit of glue and some dainty window work. Although the plastic cover for the headcode area is awol at the moment. Thanks for the offer of bits Kevin, and good old Ebay Ian.... That could be your new nickname. :P

You will be able to see the damage next Friday, and see what you think. I have now put up a safety barrier with the samaritans number on it so hopefully no more jumpers!

My blue 33/1 has adopted the sound chip until the dutch dude returns to service....

Cheers

Scott

Scott,

Nightmare scenario with the 33 making a break for freedom. I have had the same with 37507 leaping off my baseboard and knackering a buffer. My view was aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck with the repairs

Jeff

Hi Jeff, I have to admit my initial thoughts were similar to yours.. :D

Managed to get an hour out there this evening, weathered my new edition. Model Rail ltd edition S&T ZDA open wagon. I'm just not sure what to put in it. I dont want to chuck spoli in it, I was thinking moe along the lines of cable drums, speed restriction signs and other such bits....

Pay day soon so I hope to get the fiddle yard finished in time for a play day next Friday, I have a couple of visitors popping down so I have lots to do.

Scott,

I too have a couple of trhe Model Rail ZDA's and I think they are a lovely model. The model I really want is the model rail Regional Railways coaches. I got made redundant yesterday and went out and bought Vi-Trains 47484. strange how bad stuff makes you want to buy good stuff! Keep up the good work!

Jeff

Spooky.

I too have 33 108 and it's the only one of my locos ever to have a mishap and end up on the floor. Not as much damage as yours but various bits of glazing are missing. I've been waiting for months for Howes to get some more Heljan 33 spares in.

EDIT. I've just checked Howes website and they finally have them in. If you need glazing components, the clear sprue is in stock at £4.

Evening,

Thanks Johna, this Bocott is a bit bigger than the Mk 1 version, I sometimes wish I had kept the smaller one. The depot building is made by "Pikestuff", it's HO and some would cringe that I'm using it on an OO layout but it suits my needs and I don't think it looks too bad. www.m-s-i-m.co.uk is a good place to try if you're thinking of getting one. They do 1,2 or 3 road ones.

ChrisB, thanks for the info about spares at Howes, think I will get hold of some Fox transfers too, 33108 is clearly an unlucky number to have on the loco! :O

Jeff, sorry to hear about the redundancy, not a great start to the year, but I can sympathise with the buying stuff when you have a bad day, I've done it many a time. Retail thearapy works for women so why not us blokes....

"66" Thanks for your comments, still a long way to go but getting there slowly.

I was hoping to get out in the garage this evening but once again Wedding day issues need resolving, families what a pain in the a#se!

Cheers

Scott

I think thats what caused it to jump off the layout, I had it working to hard, I'll go gentle on it from now on! It was all down hill so I thought it would be fine....

Oh dear, the planner should ensure two Cromptons are rostered for the big lash up next time then! :O Book me a seat please!:D

Well for those concerned about the 33, its back in business, although there is a bit of a compromise. The damaged side is facing away from the viewing public, therefore the damage to the pillar cannot be seen. Not ideal but will do until I have the time and patience to try and re-glue a tiny little pillar. All glass pieces were found so its not as bad as first thought.

Not much news on the railway front, Kevin (Leaford) and Ian (Exford Park) are coming down on Friday so I am in the process of trying to tidy up the garage. My plan tomorrow is to get some track and finish off the fiddle yard. I have 6 lines in already;I just need to finish the other two. I'm not convinced that will be enough but I can get two trains in one siding. The point motors will have to wait, so Friday will mean I will be doing alot of running backwards and forwards!

I'm looking forward to their visit, it will be nice to have some fresh pairs of eyes to give me some help and advice,especially with the scenery.

Hopefully there will be a few photos taken on the day too.

Cheers for looking.

Scott

• RMweb Premium

Good news about the 33 mate, don't worry I have a couple of locos that have to be the 'right way round' on the track. Also looking forward to Friday how's the track, shall I bring the CMX?! I'll bring the NSE 50 for the shed foreman too.

ah, the Foreboy will be happy.. Once he gets back from playgroup. lol :D

The CMX would be great, I am thinking of getting one, rather than the Dapol track cleaner. (Wasn't overly impressed with seeing that in action on my mates layout) If you do bring it I will be able to see if its more suitable..

Kevin, if you have any locos that need a run in feel free to bring them along, oh and your spare Power cab control!

During my tidy up this evening, the sticky out extension has once again been uncovered, all junk removed as it was being used as storage and a work bench. I still think I want to have a small terminus station served by dmus and possibly sleeper and parcel services Bournemouth style, ie short! I don't think I have the room for other cross country diesel hauled services, as much as I would like too.

Any other suggestions or ideas then please feel to say.

Answers on a postcard please to .......

Everything is going to plan so far, I managed to pop down to my local model shop and pick up a box of flexible track so the finishing of the fiddle should commence tonight once the children are in bed. Ever get that feeling you should have got some more fishplates too??

The two sidings are in, wired and tested. So thats good news.

I have decided to add another two sidings in the fiddle yard, this are going to be dead ends and are going to represent an off scene location. Something freight related of course as trip workings can be done from Eastbury sidings to this mystery place. Once again any suggestions are welcome. I was thinking maybe a dockyard or the quarry that never really took off on the main board. Who knows????

I had a delivery fom EBay this morning, 3 new wagons for the steel service. All for less than £6 each.. I just need to get transfers for them from somewhere...

post-6849-0-92576800-1296692110_thumb.jpg

33108 was spotted in the stabling point earlier this morning, just having completed some last minute checks.

post-6849-0-68091200-1296692124_thumb.jpg

Later that afternoon it was seen passing with the Whatley - Leaford loaded ARC wagons.

post-6849-0-70350600-1296692136_thumb.jpg

Thats it for now, I have a bit more tidying up to do tomorrow and hopefully it will all be ready for Friday.

Thanks for looking.

Scott

Archived