Bocott stabling point & Eastbury sidings

pitbull1845

Afternoon all,

I haven't been able to get much time in the garage due to work, however I did pop in today after hearing some gen about a new arrival!

I managed to get a grab a couple of photos whilst the creature moved from the shed to a siding, awaiting its next duty.....

post-6849-0-03976100-1294325480_thumb.jpg

post-6849-0-77845800-1294325482_thumb.jpg

post-6849-0-41995500-1294325486_thumb.jpg

There is much talk amongst the drivers now as to what is going to happen to the real locos? are they going to be sold on in favour of more green locos, rumour has it that a company called Freightliner is going to take over the whole depot and yard.... and eventually the garage. whoo ha ha ha whoo ha ha (evil laugh) :diablo_mini:

Nooo Scott ! What have you bought, what is that ugly looking thing? It hurts my eyes to look at it....put some pics up of your proper locos such as Cantons 56 and some 37s you have...

You could always put it up on Ebay someone may buy it off you...(if your lucky...lol)

Afternoon all,

I haven't been able to get much time in the garage due to work, however I did pop in today after hearing some gen about a new arrival!

I managed to get a grab a couple of photos whilst the creature moved from the shed to a siding, awaiting its next duty.....

post-6849-0-03976100-1294325480_thumb.jpg

post-6849-0-77845800-1294325482_thumb.jpg

post-6849-0-41995500-1294325486_thumb.jpg

There is much talk amongst the drivers now as to what is going to happen to the real locos? are they going to be sold on in favour of more green locos, rumour has it that a company called Freightliner is going to take over the whole depot and yard.... and eventually the garage. whoo ha ha ha whoo ha ha (evil laugh) :diablo_mini:

The drivers are more concerned about being caught as the first one seen driving the thing?, no wonder they hid it in the shed ;)

Seriously Pitbull it looks great.

Kevin

• RMweb Premium

Oh dear, Kevin we need a playday and fast!

Either he's had more than his fair share of Christmas booze or spent too much time at altitude in that helicopter and the lack of oxygen has taken its toll!:lol:

I have no need for one either Alan but I do like them, I chipped it today and it has been happily trundling around with a rake of inter-modals... For those that are interested I am not changing era's, the 90's is staying.(sorry Lewis) The 70 will only come out for the odd run. Although it has got me thinking about a Freightliner plank.

I have also purchased an old lima Railtrack "clearing the way" bubble car, the orange(?) and grey version. I have put it onto a Hornby 121 dcc chassis and that too has been trundling around whilst I get on with other bits. I'm thinking of fitting an express models lighting kit to it, anyone had any experience with them? My wiring isn't great but I'm willing to give it a go.

Normal services will return tomorrow, might even take a few pics.

Cheers

Scott

Happy New Year Scott.;)

Nothing wrong with something a little bit different now and again - the Predator certainly is a left of field entrant into Bocott. You could always balance it out with a Brittania Pacific bearing the same number.................or maybe not!:lol:

Get them classic diesels on show fella! You said somewhere you needed more 37's - reckon 37415 or a Kernow slug would look good thereabouts!

Alex

Scott its not the prettiest Loco :(

post-9929-0-71145300-1294427448_thumb.jpg

But they grow on you

I wasn't going to get one as Warren lane is set around 2004

But after seeing one at Warley I'm really tempted ;)

Kind regards Alan

Been trying to find some dimensions for this intruder - looks as long if not longer than an old Sulzer 16 wheeler. How long is the model Scott?

Hi Alex, Happy New year to you too mate,

It is a bit of a beast and is approx 282 mm in length from buffer to buffer. I have left it in the depot amongst the res 47's and it looks so at home, just a shame it doesn't fit the era...

37's are on my list of "locos to get" but so is a class 50 in NSE, after popping into the local model shop my 3 year old wants one.. There are no 50's on my fleet at the moment so it will probably be the next contender.

There is just so much to choose from.... Might have to build a bigger depot!

• RMweb Premium

Scott its not the prettiest Loco :(

That's the understatement of the year so far. Still not to worry I hear they've dropped one in Newport and done a million quids worth of improvements! (Badum Tishhhh);)

Hi Scott,

The class 70 had me worried about you changing time periods again.:P It is nice to just buy something you like and not worry about whether it fits in or not. I currently have a Railfreight class 26 sitting in the yard on Llanbourne.:unsure: I must admit i do like like Ians coment on altitude and lack of oxygen. :lol:

Cheers Peter,

I can confirm that oxygen levels are back to normal, no need for anymore concern!

Had a quick play this morning, couldn't do any more than that as I had the company of my 3yr old... I cant do anything when he is there.

My PCA's seem to be derailing quite a lot, no other wagons do. I'm considering changing the couplings, at the moment they are the huge horrible ones. Slimline tension hooks or Kadees (if I can work out what number to use) may well be on the shopping list soon..

Cheers

Scott

Only me... I took my camera out to the garage but it died on me after 3 pictures, took some more on my phone but can't seem to download them onto the PC. Its an iphone and its a pain in the ....

Anyway here are the 3 pictures, I have put a couple of low relief industrial units on top of the retaining wall to see what it looks like. I know its not everyones cup of tea but it suits my needs, I dont have the skill or imagination to do anything else. I spend to much time worrying about the backscene as it is.

Res 47 slows for the station:

post-6849-0-24931800-1294521508_thumb.jpg

The new coal service wagons are seen at Eastbury Sidings:

post-6849-0-13492700-1294521529_thumb.jpg

A view of the 37's using the facilities of Bocott:

post-6849-0-23421800-1294521548_thumb.jpg

If I can find some more batteries I will add a few more pics, I just know they have been borrowed for the kids toys!

Cheers

Scott

I have put a couple of low relief industrial units on top of the retaining wall to see what it looks like. I know its not everyones cup of tea but it suits my needs, I dont have the skill or imagination to do anything else. I spend to much time worrying about the backscene as it is.

Scott

Hi Scott

I think the wall and units looks great. I know what you mean about people squaking on about cliches, but do those same people do any modelling and publish it on here to inspire others? Do you remember a certain layout that won the RMWeb layout challenge not that long ago? http://www.rmweb.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=10866 Yep, Chittle. A fantastic piece of modelling with a retaining wall, factory units and loco maintainence shed. Crack on with your excellent, ever evolving layout and keep those photos coming and us inspired and entertained.

Guy

Thanks Guy for the positive comments, I remember Chittle very well. I shall continue along my track and fight the cliche crew head on, lol. ;)

Ok a few more pics:

47768 on the Poole-York service, moving off after a brief stop at Bocott station:

post-6849-0-01568700-1294524764_thumb.jpg

A few seconds later a NSE 159 passes, this is an ECS move to Salisbury so wont be stopping at the station:

post-6849-0-55409200-1294524747_thumb.jpg

Final view of the depot, classes 56, 47 and 37 are all visable, some more than others:

post-6849-0-92734900-1294524789_thumb.jpg

Didn't find any more batteries, I managed to squeeze these out of the expied ones..

Cheers

Archived