Bocott stabling point & Eastbury sidings

pitbull1845

Cracked on with some more scenics this evening, I have removed some of the embankment by the sidings to make an access road to the engineers yard. I have also coloured and applied some greenery to part of the lane which comes from the depot along to the area at the end of the sidings. I will take some pictures tomorrow to show what I mean, once the glue has dried and the excess greenery vacumed up.

I have to say I'm actualy quite enjoyng it, its not up to the standards of many on here but I think it looks alright, but then I would! :lol:

It's all a learning curve.

Cheers

Scott

Mate, love the latest pics, espc the RES 47 on coaches..... The HEA's look awsome and really like the coal loads, I was thinking of getting some, can I ask were there from?

As for the standards...the trackwork and scenary is spot on, you have the basics down so if your not all that happy you can always improve areas over time, there is so much on my own layout which is still at "that will do for now" stage and needs improving but like I said there is plenty of time.

Great high retaining wall, I want one now...lol.

Keep it up as the photos are looking really good...

Cheers Leon,

The HEA's were purchased through the for sale part of this forum so unfortunately I have no idea where the coal inserts came from. If he's reading maybe he can answer... I will PM you with his details if you want...

They do look good as a short rake.

I think you are right about improving as time goes on, as my skills/ideas improve it won't take too much to adjust or replace things.

Here are a few more photos to show my small progress.

First of all the office where the crews sign in and chill out.

post-6849-0-49782200-1294668189_thumb.jpg

The view along the unmade road towards the engineers yard at the far end of the layout.

post-6849-0-17501000-1294668235_thumb.jpg

The yard itself, buildings plonked to give an artists impression! Still to be completed:

post-6849-0-93711400-1294668272_thumb.jpg

Shunter abandoned at the buffers awaiting the late crew to arrive:

post-6849-0-34561800-1294668268_thumb.jpg

Back to work tomorrow so may be a gap in modelling for a bit..

Thanks for taking the time to look.

Cheers

Scott

Again Scott, smashing pics. the 2nd one is really impressive. The trackwork is so neat and straight, also good effect of oil and grunge in the siding with the shunter on. Reminds me of East Usk yard East of Newport, with a rake of Railfreight HEA's waiting for a loco, such as maybe 800 Glo Cymru. In the 2nd pic are we looking down to the engineers yard only or will it still be for freight aswell? As I see you have coal and steel wagons sat there at presant.

Time well spent as its come on leaps and bounds recently.

Enjoy the break from it when you get back to work and catch up with you soon,

Leon

Sorry I should have explained, the engineers yard is not a rail served one as such but they will have the use the siding nearest the road. The sidings will still be used for all kinds of traffic.

Scenery really does help give the layout a newlease of life. I was starting to get fed up with it.

Looking fantastic Scott, very envious indeed, making me want to dig out my 00 stuff and start another layout.

Go for it Graham! What harm can it do... ;)

Arnie

Thanks for your kind words, I think sometimes I forget how much space I do have..

Cheers Daz, I can't take the credit for the weathering unfortunately, only 37 800 is my work so far..

Glad the pictures are going down well, not sure what else to take pictures of though, I guess i'll just keep the progress reports coming. I'm so looking forward to getting it to a state where I can play trains and not have to worry about finishing all the scenic bits. I'm more of an operator than a builder..

Cheeers

Scott

Thanks "66" for your comments, there should be a lot more work going into it really...

Ian, I think you are right a play day is on the cards, I really must tidy up though, I keep saying it but just get the motivation to do it, its going to take ages. No Velcro by the way!

Couple more pictures to finish with.

Another mock up of the yard, fencing isnt fixed or anything, I have another idea of putting a small virtual quarry there instead, so I need to do a bit more thinking and planning.

post-6849-0-90249000-1294785394_thumb.jpg

37800 ready to depart with its HEA's for a working to a South Wales freight yard, yet to be named...

post-6849-0-10188200-1294785471_thumb.jpg

Off to bed now, early start in the morning..

Cheers

Scott

Hi Scott,

The latest pics look great, the layout is certainly coming to life. Your weathering on 37800 looks good I am thinking you will be doing some more now that you have done one.

Nice to see a RES Spoon on the interegional makes a change from all the 47/8s.:D

Cheers Peter.

Scott, Will see if I can snap a shot of 800 arriving in the yard later on today for you....I will see if some repairs can be done to that buffer, looks damaged? bit of heavy shunting? lol

All the best mate..

• RMweb Premium

I have another idea of putting a small virtual quarry there instead

I think the site looks a bit small to do a virtual quarry justice mate, I think the set up you have looks just fine. A bit more junk and maybe some of those bags of ballast and the job's a good'un.;)

Morning all,

Peter, ,the 47/8 is in the depot as it has issues with very slow running, so the RES 47 was used at short notice... as for the weathering, yes I hope to do the rest of my stock at some point, although Kevin of "Leaford" has helped with a few.

Leon,

I didn't even notice the buffer, if your fitters have no luck I'll get mine to have a look when she returns with the empties.

Ian,

I think you have a good point there with the size, and I completely forgot about those new ballast bags coming out so yes there will be some of them. My plan was to get some more junk too, my spares scenic tub is looking a bit bare.

Class 66,

Thanks again for the comments, It's getting there. Have you got a layout?

Cheers

Scott

Evening,

So much for having a few days off and getting some modelling done.. I haven't had time to get out there really. A few personal issues have seen to that.

Still, my Dad popped over today and had a little box with him, a donation towards the layout..

As the trend at the moment on some layouts seems to be buses and coaches I thought I would show the first arrivals for the travel inter-change, just have to work out how i'm going to design and build it!

3 in a row, welcome aboard..

post-6849-0-87491300-1295393186_thumb.jpg

Which one for Saliisbury please driver?

post-6849-0-51489100-1295393184_thumb.jpg

Not very exciting I know, but now that I have them it may give me an incentive to develop this area. As previously mentioned, I was thinking of a travel inter-change/shopping centre bus station. It would mean doing it myself so it will certainly be an interesting ride...

I'm back to work tomorrow so another 5 days of no modelling :angry:

Cheers

Scott

Hiya Scott, thats quite a nice little model railway you have there.

I have one quick question about your retaining wall, I assume that its from the International Models range and I know that the wall comes in 500mm lengths but I am having trouble gauging the height.

I wish to replace my Wills retaining wall on my layout and I think the one you have used would be ideal. Any info would be most welcome.

Cheers for now and happy modelling.

Matt.

Evening all,

Grimleygrid and Leon, the 37 in metals would be a nice addition, my 56 is still away at Leaford so the other locos are deputising any metals work. I've had a look at Hattons and I am tempted, although I'm getting married in April so all my pennies should really go to that..

YVM, not sure when the bus station idea will commence but I do like the idea of it, the plan will be to have a railway station frontage too as the idea is that the large station is off scene underneath. I like the new fire engines that are being released by Oxford, just need a slightly older modern one if that makes sense?? I'm sure I could incorporate a fire station somewhere on the layout...

Hi Matt, thanks for your comments, you are correct, the walls are from international models, I'm at work at the moment but if I get chance tomorrow I will measure the height for you. (PM sent)

Thanks for looking

Scott

Archived