Bocott stabling point & Eastbury sidings

pitbull1845

Hi all, It's been another slow week in the garage. I have managed to put lights in my Railtrack DMU but there is a bit of light bleed coming out the top into the cab. Just trying to work out a way of stopping it. I have also been looking at the layout (anybody else just stare at their layout, thinking) and the "down size devil" is still sat on my shoulder telling me to make it smaller.

I might get out there later tonight and have another serious pondering session!

I'm thinking the yard and the depot would remain the same but the through lines would become a terminus instead. served mainly by DMU's or possibly EMU's if I put the 3rd rail down and the appropriate ones become available. I would love a Wessex Electric..

The ongoing issues continue...

Cheers

Scott

Hi Scott,

Cracking pictures B)

"I would love a Wessex Electric" I know what you mean I would also love one of these B) true legends

I know what you mean about downsizing I have those days :blink: a small terminus doe's sound good!!!!! not trying to persuade you as I think your layout is cracking ;) but with these super EMU's and DMU's out and coming out it makes a terminus station more appealing :rolleyes:

All the best

Darren NSE DAZ

Another day passed anda few things have been done, not that you'd notice!

Thanks for your comments, Daz I have decided that I will have a terminus, but it will be on the sticky out bit "S.O.B". I'm going to keep it as a roundy roundy. Thats today's decision anyway.

Pilkko that one used to be on my shoulder but I managed to brush him off. ;)

Leon, glad I'm not alone, I was begining to get a little concerned..

Took a few photos this evening,

33108 waits to leave the yard with the fuel empties, back to Fawley via Eastleigh.

post-6849-0-80920800-1299448214_thumb.jpg

A view from under the bridge looking back to the light. The NSE portacabin is now used as a hide away by the track gangs.

post-6849-0-08015400-1299448231_thumb.jpg

Finally my weathering attempt on the Model Rail Ltd edition S&T wagon. Its a bit blurred unfortunately (iphone camera)

post-6849-0-43192900-1299448246_thumb.jpg

Nothing more to add really, I did a few scenic bits again today so I'm slowly getting there. I have to admit though that the Bachmann scenecraft bits sound and look appealing. Especially the service shed. Good bye Pikestuff one!

A lot of the low relief stuff sounds good aswell, I need it for my backscene.

Cheers

Scott

Afternoon boys,

Leon, 032 was done by Kevin of Leaford fame and as for the nameplates, thats my next mission! promise :blush:

HI Ian, are you still away? Getting ideas for an Irish layout?? The cable drums come from Bachmann, just their normal scenecraft range.

I shall see you at the weekend Sir, might be a bit tired on Saturday as I'm on until 3am Friday night.

Cheers as ever

Scott

Still plodding on with things, but I find playing gets in the way... :diablo_mini:

There is so much I could be doing but seem to fail every time I go out there.. I have managed to break the lift out section at one end which in a way has helped me out. I was never pleased with my woodwork skills so I will re do it but this time make it scenic by putting in a through suburban style station, big enough for a 3 car Unit Max.

It would certainly be a good place to go spotting judging by the amount of freight that uses the line. The station will be beyond the left hand curves in the picture below. It was originally going to be an imaginary one.

56 032 waits in the loop whilst 37800 passes by on coal empties, having come from the cement works. 56049 makes easy work of the empty Yeoman PGA's as it heads back to Westbury.

post-6849-0-50105800-1299593804_thumb.jpg

Working lates now for a few days so will be an avid reader of RMWEB all night, unless of course work gets in the way...

Cheers

Scott

• 1 month later...

Good evening,

Its been a while since any updates, thats because I have been too busy getting married and I have (had) kind of lost interest in my layout. It happens to me every now and again.

I have sold most of my stock and today have removed some of the baseboards.

As a result I have decided to close this thread down now. 21 pages of me changing my mind every other week is just too much. Especially for those new to RMweb I'm sure. Thanks to all those who have offered support and advice over the period this thread has been running. This is not the end by any means, I will be back with my layout, it hasn't all gone, in fact the main board is staying.

I just feel that it's better I carry on with it off line so to speak and when its at a point where I am happy with it then I shall re-launch it. (with a new name I expect)

Plese don't think I'm all doom and gloom because I'm not. I just need to re-focus my efforts. I'm actually looking forward to it.

See you all soon.

Many thanks

Scott

Hi Scott,

Congratulations on getting married,:D hope you all had a great day.

No worries about the layout, I am sure you will work it out. I will keep a look out for your new thread or the restart of this one.

All the best Peter.

Archived