The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Famous TV car REG's. But who drove them?

43110andyb

• RMweb Gold

Jim Bergerac and Inspector Morse respectively.

Ok, how about KAR 120C, VNO 857, A467 NRN, NHK 295M, WLB 991 and 539724.

Couple of real awkward ones there.... biggrin.gif

KAR120C id Number 6's Lotus Seven

NHK 295M is Jack Regan's squad car but he had a driver, several in fact.

• RMweb Premium

SNV 696M ? (not a cop !!)

Arthur Daley. One of his earlier Jags, oddly one of his later ones (E reg I think) appeared in two shows on the same night, it being driven by Arthur in Minder and later that night by Inspector Dalgleish in one of the PD James dramas!

Also the same Birmingham registered Rovers have appeared in Taggart, Touch of Frost and Midsomer Murders.

I think that there is a pool of cars/vans used by production companies, the early series of The Bill had the CID's undercover unmarked green Transit van can't find the reg at the moment) which also turned up in the shortlived Rockliffe's Babies! Also Arthur Daley's pale blue sliding drivers door Mk 2 Transit Van turned up in several different series in the early to mid 1980's.

Arthur Daley. One of his earlier Jags, oddly one of his later ones (E reg I think) appeared in two shows on the same night, it being driven by Arthur in Minder and later that night by Inspector Dalgleish in one of the PD James dramas!

Correct. Arthur daley. Jaguar XJ6 4.2 (Ser 2)

Jim Bergerac and Inspector Morse respectively.

Ok, how about KAR 120C, VNO 857, A467 NRN, NHK 295M, WLB 991 and 539724.

Couple of real awkward ones there.... biggrin.gif

VNO 857 - Stan (on the buses), A467 NRN - Frost, WLB 991 - Cliff Richard (summer holiday).

Guest 009matt

How about JLY751V :)

Oi, Bollyknickers - FIRE UP THE QUATTRO.

Gene Hunt's Audi Quattro from Ashes to Ashes

How about P A T 1

• RMweb Gold

Parker, take my dress off.

Yus Milady.

Now remove my bra.

Yus Milady.

And my stockings.

Yus Milady.

And never let me catch you wearing my clothes again!

How about HOP21T?

S.A.C. Martin - I can confirm that NHK 295M is currently being restored by a member of The Seeney forum, its been his for about eighteen years now. Still a long way to go yet as its a truly painstaking restoration this one.

PNO 580R & SOO 636R.....both Capris from The Professionals I think, the second one is anyway wink.gif

How about this one.... EMK 760J....

Cheers,

Nidge wink.gif

Guest 009matt

S.A.C. Martin - I can confirm that NHK 295M is currently being restored by a member of The Seeney forum, its been his for about eighteen years now. Still a long way to go yet as its a truly painstaking restoration this one.

PNO 580R & SOO 636R.....both Capris from The Professionals I think, the second one is anyway wink.gif

Cheers,

Nidge wink.gif

BMT 216A

• RMweb Premium

Cheers,

Nidge wink.gif

That's the Rover P6 from the professionals...

----------

All in the same film this lot...

OEG 130G

WGH 45G

GPF 146G

...amongst others...

Incidently BMT 216A (along with various other plates) = Mr Bond's Aston Martin DB5 cool.gif

So who drove 505 EXY?

The owner was famously prosecuted and convicted(several times) and it featured in a documentary T.V.programme about vehicle licence plates?

Not a fictional person but very famous at the time.

Cynthia Payne....?

Nidge wink.gif

Guest 009matt

All in the same film this lot...

OEG 130G

WGH 45G

GPF 146G

...amongst others...

Incidently BMT 216A (along with various other plates) = Mr Bond's Aston Martin DB5 cool.gif

Correct claude, they are the 3 from the italian job!

Archived