Heljan 7mm 31 Painted Sample Arrived

brian daniels

All Heljan 7mm products to date have been one offs so I would advise if you want one get it now try Howes models they have some left.

Well, they did do a second run of the 47's that had names on. They seemed to hang around for a while too. A bad move I would suggest as plain livery would have been better.

I hope they do rerelease 47's and others in time.

• 1 year later...

Totally untrue!

I think its more to do with the market - ie how many they can reasonably sell, so relatively speaking 7mm scale 'modern image' is a small market. If they could sell more then perhaps the unit price would drop accordingly. As, in the raw, Heljan locos are effectively a big 'airfix' kit the moulds and tooling would last pretty well but of course they wear with use and the quality would drop off with an increase in flaws, such a sink marks, gas marks and flash etc etc.

• 1 month later...

I just thought I'd update this thread with a photo of my 31278 sitting on Gateshead Daily Shed/Refueller - I've finally!! got round to finishing it. This is the first Heljan O Guage diesel that I've done up - it does take a bit of guts to start playing around with them - but it is a big improvement in my eyes.

It has had a smaller BR arrow applied after removing the original Heljan larger one, worksplates added, new cab front windows made, repainted rubbers black around front windows, new washer covers made out of plastikard, domino headcode fitted, Pete Harvey enhancements/blanking plates etc,cab interiors painted & weathered.

Comments are welcome.....

post-8300-0-69605900-1461242023.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived