Stafford Railway Circle Exhibition 4th 5th February 2012

ELTEL

• RMweb Premium

Although some four months away I am pleased to be able bring to your attention that on the clubs website we have now listed layouts and traders attending our 2012 Exhibition

There will be another layout to be added "Watch this space"

2012 will also see Geoff Taylor, David Wright, Paul Lunn as guest Demonstrators

See Staffordrailwaycirce.org.uk for the latest information

http://www.staffordrailwaycircle.org.uk/exhibition.php

Terry Robinson

Exhibition Manager

Stafford Railway Circle

• RMweb Premium

Stafford will be "Blackmill"'s next outing. We're looking forward to this, as BM's first "away" weekend was at Stafford about 5 (6?) years ago. By Feb 2012 there should be a few new items of stock and more detailing. Work is about to commence on a small alteration to the storage yards to accomodate our growing DMU fleet, which will be ready for the trip south.

Cheers,

Mick

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

Having read with interest about the good and bad about in particular Warley & Wigan we all have a choice of how we spend our money and how we spend our time.

As a exhibition manager of over 20 years I am well placed to understand the logistics of organising a exhibition.

What I will say is if for what ever reason you don't or can't attend either of the above exhibitions why not make a date in your diary for the first weekend in Febuary and come along to STAFFORD go and look at our website on www.staffordrailwaycircle.org.uk and look what layouts are attending and the quality trade who attend every year.

Ask the traders or layout owners if Stafford is worth a visit? You will not be disappointed

We will have stand at both Warley & Wigan come and have a chat.

Free Parking Free preserved bus service form the railway station both day and Adult admission £7.00

See you all at Warley & Wigan and again at Stafford!

• RMweb Premium

I will post the updated Exhibitors, Traders, and Demonstrators attending list over the next couple of days.

In the meantime see www.staffordrailwaycircle.org.uk

• RMweb Premium

Littleton Parkway ready and packed for its last ever exhibition at Warley this weekend, chatting around the club tonight it's seems many of our members (70 Members Plus) will be there.

Stafford Railway Circle as Chiltern Association members will be supplying a large number of the barriers.

Also come and see us at the SRC publicity stand next to Littleton Parkway for a chat.

Eltel

• 2 weeks later...

Having read with interest about the good and bad about in particular Warley & Wigan we all have a choice of how we spend our money and how we spend our time.

As a exhibition manager of over 20 years I am well placed to understand the logistics of organising a exhibition.

What I will say is if for what ever reason you don't or can't attend either of the above exhibitions why not make a date in your diary for the first weekend in Febuary and come along to STAFFORD go and look at our website on www.staffordrailwaycircle.org.uk and look what layouts are attending and the quality trade who attend every year.

Ask the traders or layout owners if Stafford is worth a visit? You will not be disappointed

We will have stand at both Warley & Wigan come and have a chat.

Free Parking Free preserved bus service form the railway station both day and Adult admission £7.00

See you all at Warley & Wigan and again at Stafford!

Tel (?).

Had a look at the Stafford website...http://www.staffordr...rg.uk/index.php

and was impressed with how well presented/informative it is.

Unfortunately the Stafford show is too distant for me to attend. My first show of 2012

will be York, as it's linked in with a long weekend in that city.

However: I wish you well with your Exhibition in Feb. Might bump into you at Wigan.

Mac.

post-9584-0-79427200-1322576998.jpg

Tel (?).

Had a look at the Stafford website...http://www.staffordr...rg.uk/index.php

and was impressed with how well presented/informative it is.

Unfortunately the Stafford show is too distant for me to attend. My first show of 2012

will be York, as it's linked in with a long weekend in that city.

However: I wish you well with your Exhibition in Feb. Might bump into you at Wigan.

Mac. Dya like that!!!!!

It was Freds most used comment.

You're right enough...now I remember.

From his repeats on TV he appears to still be as popular as ever.

He certainly was a bit of a character.

Mac

Mac.

Can you tell me if Wibdenshaw is still attending as Stafford is no longer listed on Kier Hardys website for shows it is going to in 2012.

It's no longer on the Stafford Railway Circle list of layouts, shame i always look forward to seeing it.

• RMweb Premium

Dear All

I am afraid I have to confirm that Widdenshaw has been withdrawn earlier this week.

I am very disappointed as we had waited a long time for Wibdenshaw to attend the Stafford exhibition.

It was coming in I think from memory in 2009 but was withdrawn due to a clash of bookings for the layout.

I do hope you will be able to see Wibdenshaw at another exhibition in the future.

I hope to be able to confirm a replacement Modern Image layout in the next couple of weeks.

Look forward to seeing you all at Stafford in February

Terry Robinson

Exhibition Manager

• RMweb Premium

I hope to be able to confirm a replacement Modern Image layout in the next couple of weeks.

Hi Terry,

I hope you get a BR blue layout rather than a modern image one!

Cheers,

Mick

I would like to thank Terry for his understanding regarding Wibdenshaw not attending the Stafford show in February next year, and I know how difficult it can be sometimes be to make last minute changes to an exhibition. I'm sure it will be its usual success, with all the best layouts and range of traders you would want to see at a quality exhibition.

We (as a group) are becoming a lot older and a bit slower, and finding shows more physically demanding than 30 years ago! We're not half-way in our coffins just yet, but the process of showing a 35ft X 12ft personal layout does take up a lot of time and effort, both before the show and a long time after. With the close proximity to the recent Warley exhibition, and Trainwest in April next year (along with clashing dates for the operators in our other aspects of life), the very difficult decision was made. It goes without saying that 'being on the road' wouldn't be possible without our merry bunch of operators, so I thank you all for your help, and to the exhibition managers that have invited us to their shows.

Once the last few exhibitions have come and gone for Wibdenshaw, I think it will be time to hang up the towel with big layouts, and concentrate on only having to move a much smaller trainset around. Perhaps when it's in an exhibitable state it could debut at the Stafford show, and we wouldn't have to feel as if we've been pushing the world around on its axis for 3 weeks at a time? I shall be going as a fee paying punter, because I think it's worth the 150 mile round trip!

• RMweb Premium

Wibble

Thank you for your kind words about Stafford Exhibition.

Having been on the road with Littleton Parkway for the last few years as well as exhibition manger of Stafford it eventually gets harder as you get older.

If you do decide to build a smaller layout you will always be welome at Stafford

Look forward to seeing you at Stafford in February

Terry

Exhibition Manager

Stafford Railway Circle

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Good morning RMwebers

Before I give you all a update on the Stafford Exhbition I would like once again thank all the Wigan Finescale gang for putting on yet another great show. The exhibition in June will have a the new 7mm Narrow Gauge layout Seagone see our website for a selection of pictures. www.staffirdrailwaycircle.org.uk and select the exhibition page along the top of the page.

As many of you know Wibdenshaw has withdrawn from our 2012 exhibition and will be replaced by Whiteacres

Whiteacres is a brand new layout from Stafford Railway Circle and replaces Littleton Parkway which had its last outing at Warley a few weeks back

The layout is under construction and members of the group will be working on it during the exhibition and they would welcome any questions or comments.

It's first booking is Warley next year (2012) no pressure then.

We all hope it's exhibition success will be as good as Littleton Parkway was and are now taking bookings for it for 2013 onwards

It will be when complete be a DCC operated layout with stock from early 90s to the present time

I would like to thank all the visitors who came to see Littleton Parkway at Warley and wished us well with the new project so now you have the chance to see it under construction.

All for now

ELTEL

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Latest Information Stafford Railway Circle Exhibition Update

I am pleased to announce that we will have a extra Demonstrator - Andy Duncan Soldering Techniques

All for now

Terry Robinson

Exhibition Manager

Stafford Railway Circle

Stafford will be "Blackmill"'s next outing. We're looking forward to this, as BM's first "away" weekend was at Stafford about 5 (6?) years ago. By Feb 2012 there should be a few new items of stock and more detailing. Work is about to commence on a small alteration to the storage yards to accomodate our growing DMU fleet, which will be ready for the trip south.

Cheers,

Mick

Not been to a show for a while, but hoping to see blackmill at this one.

Best wishes to Terry & his team for your 2012 show, it was great to have a chat with you at Wigan. We at Scarborough are looking forward to 2013 when we will be attending with 'Haymarket Cross' & 'North of England Line'.

Cheers

Ian H (silverlink)

Archived