Stafford Railway Circle Exhibition 4th 5th February 2012

ELTEL

Looking forward to visiting Stafford Exhibition for the first time. I'm planning to travel around 300 miles each way to see this show and am looking forward to a good day on Saturday. We should commend the efforts of those in the hobby who organise all the exhibitions around the country.

• RMweb Premium

Looking forward to visiting Stafford Exhibition for the first time. I'm planning to travel around 300 miles each way to see this show and am looking forward to a good day on Saturday. We should commend the efforts of those in the hobby who organise all the exhibitions around the country.

Hi

We will pleased to see at you Stafford after such a long journey.

Have a safe journey

Terry

Aye Up Terry,

Don't worry about Ray's whining - he's only happy when he's got something miserable to go on about! ( Just kiddin Slacky, love ya really )

Myself and Jon will be down on Saturday. Not sure if Aubrey is going to be with us yet as my text message to him has obviously been lost in the ether somewhere......

Anyway, we'll see you around the hall somewhere for a natter. We are, as usual, looking forward to a quality show. ( just wish we had an exhibitable layout so that we could have a load of beers with you Saturday night - no doubt you will be on our case about layouts when we see you though! )

See ya Satdy

Andy C

• RMweb Premium

STAFFORD RAILWAY CIRCLE EXHIBITION UPDATE 1/2/12

New Trader

R G Connor Signs & Grapics

Model Railway Graphics

Totem Signs made at the show ideal for your layout

Terry Robinson

Exhibition Manager

Stafford Railway Circle Ltd

Looking forward to coming to Stafford for the first time too - several layouts I've been looking forward to seeing for years. Also making a long journey (from Southampton) but sure it will be well worth it as I don't get chance to do many journeys by train these days.

Peter

• RMweb Premium

Hi All

The First Stafford Luton van is loaded and ready to roll.

All the SRC members are all ready to go into action to make it another great exhibition with friends new and old.

All of you a good and safe journey

Terry

Exhibition Mgr

• RMweb Premium

This will be my first trip to Stafford as well along with pitbull, beresford jct and hampshirehog all from the south. Airthrey Park, Blackmill and Warren Lane all in the same place was just too hard to ignore, looking forward to it.

Is there an organised RmWeb meet at any point on Saturday or should we just roll up a trouser leg and cry 'Andy Y' !? ;)

or should we just roll up a trouser leg and cry 'Andy Y' !? ;)

There's enough strange sorts as shows as it is.

Owing to family commitments at the weekend I'll be to-ing and fro-ing a lot but should be there Saturday and Sunday morning doing some snaps.

• RMweb Premium

Any weather forecast available ? I would like to drive up on Saturday but dont

want to risk getting stuck snow on the M5 .

I have a shopping list that includes some traders who dont do many shows and

I would like to see some of the items I'm interested in before buying .

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Andy , looks like I might take a chance , as it's a 120 mile trip there would be nothing worse

than getting stuck half way on a bungd up M/way .

I'm really waiting on a more accurate weather forecast in view of Brimingham New St's proven ability to grind to halt if they're told there's a snow flake landing in Stetchford or Solihull - I just don't fancy being stuck on a (non) Voyager for the night :no: .

Am waiting to see if NR can get the WCML cleared at Bletchley so that London Midland can get through. Have already purchased a ticket <_< At 1200 some Pendolinos are running through so keeping fingers crossed. However I've got London Mid only ticket!! That BTW is pretty good value at £18 return from here (just north of Watford) to Stafford.

Forecast updates.

BBC Weather for Stafford has downgraded it from two snowflakes to one snowflake (icons not literally!) from 15.00

BBC Weather for Birmingham shows no snow possibilities until overnight.

Met Office for West Midlands region shows a yellow alert (be aware) with a maximum accumulation of 5cm from 15.00 onwards.

Right now it's cold, clear and bright. My honest assessment from what can be found would be that the risk is low and the forecasts cautious.

Forecast updates.

BBC Weather for Stafford has downgraded it from two snowflakes to one snowflake (icons not literally!) from 15.00

Met Office for West Midlands region shows a yellow alert (be aware) with a maximum accumulation of 5cm from 15.00 onwards.

Right now it's cold, clear and bright. My honest assessment from what can be found would be that the risk is low and the forecasts cautious.

Andy and all

I'm the Met observer at Brum airport and I'm on duty until 21.30 tonight so I'll give you all updates if it looks like snow is going to cause any issues! Andy Met office reports tend to be alot more accurate than the BBC.

Dave

Aye Up Terry,

Don't worry about Ray's whining - he's only happy when he's got something miserable to go on about! ( Just kiddin Slacky, love ya really )

Myself and Jon will be down on Saturday. Not sure if Aubrey is going to be with us yet as my text message to him has obviously been lost in the ether somewhere......

Anyway, we'll see you around the hall somewhere for a natter. We are, as usual, looking forward to a quality show. ( just wish we had an exhibitable layout so that we could have a load of beers with you Saturday night - no doubt you will be on our case about layouts when we see you though! )

See ya Satdy

Andy C

Andy you are so dead!

Forecast updates.

Andy and all

I'm the Met observer at Brum airport and I'm on duty until 21.30 tonight so I'll give you all updates if it looks like snow is going to cause any issues! Andy Met office reports tend to be alot more accurate than the BBC.

Dave

Current Weather Update:

Hot off the press:

A band or rain is moving in from the Irish Sea at this time which will turn to snow as it hits land, its expected to hit England in a line stretching from Bristol to Manchester where accumulations will start to appear between 11-12 tomorrow lunchtime and is due to move East and cover Birmingham by 12-3pm and last in the Midlands area for 5 to 6 hours, afterwhich its expected to turn to Freezing rain before turning to freezing fog in the late evening of Saturday. In the Birmingham area accumulations between 5-10cm are expected with heaviest fall to occur between 3-5pm. The situation is likely to hit more southerly and Easterly areas late evening and overnight. Sunday snow conditions are still unclear, however the Saturday snow fall may well freeze overnight and cause poor driving conditions coupled with the fog. Fog may well last well into Monday.

So take it carefully folks!

I'll update later if any changes are forecast.

Dave

Myself and caley439 will be making our first ever visit to the show tomorrow and are really excited. This is the first year we have not held the Rochdale show in February but the expected snow has not failed to deliver as usual for our show weekend. Our barriers are kept on a hill top farm high in the pennines which is fun in the snow and ice!

A quick update to say that all systems are go at the County Showground, all layouts attending with no drop-outs (well there are some but you know what I mean). ElTel's happy that everything's in order and ready to roll. All exhibitors I spoke to seems to be satisfied with setting up and looking forward to the weekend.

A few snaps of what's set up ready for action.

1.jpg

Airthrey Park.jpg

Alkham.jpg

Bambury.jpg

BashSt.jpg

Basingstoke.jpg

Blackmill.jpg

Dagnell End.jpg

Georgemas.jpg

Lowfield.jpg

Midchester.jpg

Midhurst.jpg