RMweb

Judith Edge kits

Michael Edge

I have a 3D printed Simplex but haven't got very far with it, too many other projects! However, I thought of borrowing an idea from our OO9 friends. This is to use a Tramfabriek motor with a pulley to drive a layshaft with worm gears (Tenshodo brass ones) to each axle. This would give 4 wheel drive with the mechanism all but invisible under the body. Extra weight would definitely be needed. I've got the bits to do it, just need to crack on with it!

The prototypes only pulled a couple or three wagons, so I'm hoping the drive train  could cope with that.

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium

I really enjoyed the Manchester show. Visted the Judith Edge stand and chatted with Mike - I thought the Maunsell SR 350 HP Diesel Shunter looked superb I am lookingb forward to building one. My first job after leaving the Apprentice Training School at Eastleigh was to help carry out an "A" Exam on 15201 at Eastleigh Diesel Depot.

I also bought a Fowler 3P 2-6-2 tank kit - my first non-SR/WR loco "spotted" was 40022 at St Pancras back in 1960. Nostalgia......

Kind regards,

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/04/2020 at 22:29, Blandford1969 said:

As an aside to the discussion on the Stanier 2-6-2 I have updated my workbook with the extra information on bunker strengthening that was added later in their lives. 

Also from Flickr I have put together a gallery of those found on there. A gallery of Stanier 2-6-2 tanks (96 as at 2nd April 2020)

These were done to help me with my desire for an accurate model and hopefully others to get more accurate models of these pretty, if poor performing tanks

Stanier 262 tanks details update.xls.xlsx 68.25 kB · 79 downloads

I've tried to download this file - has it been deleted? I suspect that it was/is very useful.

Mark

14 hours ago, Leander said:

It's still there. I've just managed to access it using the link as given above.

Interesting - for some reason I keep getting an error message. I'm roaming at present, but normally have no problems with attachments.

Mark

• RMweb Gold

I would suspect given that the file was posted to RMweb back in 2020, that it was a casulty of the great server crash and recovery. You may have to enquire with the orginal poster if he would be kind enough to re attach it to the thread.

Andy

• 3 weeks later...
On 02/04/2020 at 21:29, Blandford1969 said:

As an aside to the discussion on the Stanier 2-6-2 I have updated my workbook with the extra information on bunker strengthening that was added later in their lives. 

Also from Flickr I have put together a gallery of those found on there. A gallery of Stanier 2-6-2 tanks (96 as at 2nd April 2020)

These were done to help me with my desire for an accurate model and hopefully others to get more accurate models of these pretty, if poor performing tanks

Stanier 262 tanks details update.xls.xlsx 68.25 kB · 116 downloads

Hi Blandford1969,

It would appear that the file of your workbook attached with your posting in 2020 got wiped in the RMweb server crash around that time. If you still have a copy of this file could you please repost it here as several of us would like to download it for our reference.

Many thanks

Edited by Keith Turbutt
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
50 minutes ago, Keith Turbutt said:

Hi Blandford1969,

It would appear that the file of your workbook attached with your posting in 2020 got wiped in the RMweb server crash around that time. If you still have a copy of this file could you please repost it here as several of us would like to download it for our reference.

Many thanks

Hi Keith, 

Thanks I will dig it out along with the drawings I prepared and re upload

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Blandford1969 said:

Hi Keith, 

Thanks I will dig it out along with the drawings I prepared and re upload

@Michael Edge I cannot see the Stanier 2-6-2t on your listing of locomotives. I remember you mentioning this May become a kit. Did it happen?  If so, did I miss it?

many thanks. 

31 minutes ago, philip-griffiths said:

@Michael Edge I cannot see the Stanier 2-6-2t on your listing of locomotives. I remember you mentioning this May become a kit. Did it happen?  If so, did I miss it?

many thanks. 

It certainly did. I need to get back on with mine.

https://www.scalefour.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=135&t=6856&start=75#top

On 13/01/2024 at 23:04, Michael Edge said:

It hasn’t been on the website, mainly because they sell out as soon as we get them. Currently out of stock but more on order.

Would love one please Michael.  No. 79 was the first outside cylinder loco on the northern part of the Sirhowy branch from all records I can find.  It ran a number of trials looking at platform clearances. Then post war a number of the class were stationed at Abergavenny/Tredegar.

regards

• 1 month later...