Perth Model Railway Show 2012

Waverley47708

:locomotive:For those who want a sneaky peek at some of the layouts coming this year, some links have been added to the website. :locomotive:

www.perthmrc.com/page5.htm

Nine Mills by Worthing MRC. N Gauge, Scale 2 mm:ft

More Information click here

Rowland's Castle by Peter Goss. OO Gauge, Scale 4 mm:ft

More information click here

Great Western Railroad by Norman Raven. On30 Gauge, Scale 7 mm:ft

Widnes Vine Yard by Wirral Finescale Modellers. OO Gauge

Banff Terminus by Ian Noble. N Gauge, 2 mm finescale

Eskmuir by Tony Bucknell. OO Gauge

Felsen by John Smith. HO Gauge, Scale 3.5 mm:ft

Well, its mid-summer! Raining cats and dogs today and not exactly "flaming" June but a warm welcome is guaranteed inside Dewars Centre. Setting up tomorrow is all arranged and the team will be in the hall from 8.00 tomorrow morning. What better on a rainy weekend but come inside and enjoy the show.

I will be on the Scottish Modellers/DEMU demonstration stand both days and we will be working (among other things) on one of the boards (and the actual loading tower) of my new 'The Maxwell Colliery Loading Point' which makes its debut later in the year at the Ayr Model Railway Show. Any RM Webbers coming along please stop and say hello.

Max Fowler

• RMweb Premium

Looking forward to a terrific weekend - S4Soc AGM and minishow on Saturday, then Perth on Sunday. I hope RBS cash machines will be working by then.....

DT

• RMweb Gold

Hi all,

We will be covering a wide variety of modelling demonstrations on the Scottish Modellers and DEMU stand.

Some scenic stuff as referred to by grid56104

Some DCC Sound by various

Some 7mm, 4mm and 2mm wagon stuff

Some 7mm, 4mm and N/2mm coch stuff

Weathering

Buildings

Seems like we will be very busy for both days!

Thanks

See you there!!!!!!!!!

post-6887-0-67462700-1340398439_thumb.jpg

All set up except for those we expect to arrive tomorrow morning and the rain stayed away!

We managed to get a local TV news item run on ITV which will help to publicise the show. Now for a glass of red and to rest my weary feet.

• RMweb Premium

Excellent show guys.they were queuing to get in.hopefully that's a sign that the show has been well supported despite current economic circumstances. For me Eskmuir was the winner. nice layout,interesting track plan,always something moving.

Well done all!

Show seemed to go very well today.

We opened early as a result of a long que forming. It stretched all the way from the entrance desk out of the Dewars Centre and into the car park .

Was good to see old friends and meet new ones vising from the South

Please to report the numbers through the doors were up.

Regards

Calum

This was my first Perth show (thanks Eddie!). If I can make anymore in the future I'd be delighted to come again. Very friendly host club with plenty of time for visitors. I thankfully got to see a layout or two that has been on my viewing list after missing MRS in Febuary. Even managed to catch up with a few of the DEMU guys, because I snuck up on them from behind they had no time to run. lol I'll see you at Ayr!

I even met a few new faces. Picked up some very good ideas. I did try my hardest to stay away from the trade stands (sorry lads and lassies) but I already give you too much money online. I did see some fantastic bargains.

I don't know if they were better stocked or displayed but the book stands seemed far better than I can recall seeing in other shows. Maybe because they had a lot more titles that are inline with my interests. Who knows?

I didn't bring my son to this show but saw many things that he would have loved. The police car outside really did exite all the kids, (even some of the mummy's and daddies judging by expressions).

Great day with loads of scales and styles of layouts

Well done! I hope tomorrow goes just as well.

Best regards,

Mark

Edit to try correct words and spelling. Bloody predictive text. Aarrrgghhh!

Superb show once again, just one wee criticism could you make the gangways in future at the entrance of both the bowling green and the ice rink a bit wider, when punters stop at the stalls beside these ramps they block the entry to the show, otherwise brilliant. Definitely the "premier " show in Scotland!

Glad you enjoyed the show bahram, did you choose to go on Saturday because you knew I was going on Sunday?

I was helping(?) set up on Friday so didn't get much time to look about but was impressed by what I did see.

As to the width of the aisles at the entrances, nobody else has any bother, maybe it's just you......

Catch up with you sometime

Guest Max Stafford

A good day was had on Cully with Bob65B as my fireman, also assisted by 26Power! :derisive: Jamie and Dave Frk provided mutual support and abuse where required and the layout performed very well. Only one minor technical emergency occurred whilst Jamie was absent (lying down in a dark room or something), but the 'travelling fitters' took care of it in such away that he wouldn't have known if we hadn't told him! :P

The layout was actually very enjoyable to operate and even my very own 'gorilla hands' soon found it fairly easy to handle.

Thanks for a good day at the controls lads!

Not only that, but a suitably marked '12A' vehicle was lying over in Perth through the duration of the show, as in days of yore!

Dave.

post-6676-0-72353900-1340496155.jpg

• RMweb Gold

I took some video clips yesterday, until the battery ran out so there were some excellent layouts that I couldn't get filmed.

I see you caught our "Pasty special" ! - thanks.

Just back to Edinburgh from Perth (partially thanks to the totally unnecessary 40 mpm speed limit on long stretches of the M9/M90!)

But, (apart from that) a perfect day!

The organisers, exhibitors and trade stands should be proud:-

(1) Welcoming staff on the desk

(2) Layout operators interacting with the the visitors

(3) Space to move about.

OK there was the odd pr*t with a rucksack and a some 'whiffies'!

but (in my opinion), Glasgow (SECC) definitely need to up the anti if they are going to compete with the above show.

I will definitely be at Perth next year. Glasgow well ???

Glad you enjoyed the show bahram, did you choose to go on Saturday because you knew I was going on Sunday?

I was helping(?) set up on Friday so didn't get much time to look about but was impressed by what I did see.

As to the width of the aisles at the entrances, nobody else has any bother, maybe it's just you......

Catch up with you sometime

Are you suggesting that I have fat ....? By the way does the multi languages you speak include rubbish!

Just a quick post to thank all exhibitors, traders, societies and of course our visitors who all contributed to a successful weekend. Our visitor numbers were up again and I will post more information including the trophy winners soon. Is it too early to say...our next show is on June 29th and 30th 2013?

Regards,

Stan

Archived