Perth Model Railway Show 2012

Waverley47708

Hi,

Having attended this show for a number of years as a spectator and now with my layout - what an excellent week-end it was! My thanks to Stan and the Perth crew! My thanks also to Raymond and Jim for helping out- again! To Falkirk members for helping me out with the layout at the end of the show.

Bill.

Bahram, I would never be so cruel as to suggest that you are fat, merely circumferentially challenged.

If you enjoyed the show so much, does this mean we will be spared your usual comprehensive report

of other shows recently? (5 letters, beginning with S and ending with E)

Just to echo what Bob said, because he put it perfectly, to me it captured the essence of Old Model Rail Scotland exhibitions, from MacLellan Gallery days. A very enjoyable day trip. Good venue accessible by train and great exhibits. Eaglesham, Nine Mills, Eskmuir all stole the show for me. Did I miss the Hornby stand or were they not there? I checked the program which suggested stand 60, but I can't remember seeing it.

Did I miss the Hornby stand or were they not there? I checked the program which suggested stand 60, but I can't remember seeing it.

Glad to hear you enjoyed the show, your comments are appreciated.

Unfortunately as per one of the Exhibitions Managers postings on page two of this topic Hornby had to pull out late on, however Hornby Magazine took their place. The good news is that we expect Hornby to make return for the 2013 show.

Calum

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to say a big thanks to the Perth team for organising such a good show. The mix of quality layouts and trade meant I got everything I needed to and we all had a very enjoyable time on the DEMU / Scottish Modellers stand. Nice to meet and chat with all the RMweb crowd visiting and behind layouts. Look forward to next year!

Mark

Bahram, I would never be so cruel as to suggest that you are fat, merely circumferentially challenged.

If you enjoyed the show so much, does this mean we will be spared your usual comprehensive report

of other shows recently? (5 letters, beginning with S and ending with E)

It maybe that with visiting shows like Wigan, Perth that certain shows are S....E, I think the post (No.53) of Western Scottish sums up my views of the past and of a certain show. Keep it up Perth, roll on next year.

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to say a big thanks to the Perth team for organising such a good show. The mix of quality layouts and trade meant I got everything I needed to and we all had a very enjoyable time on the DEMU / Scottish Modellers stand. Nice to meet and chat with all the RMweb crowd visiting and behind layouts. Look forward to next year!

Mark

Hi I was at perth on Saturday and enjoyed the show well done to the organisiers. Also a big hi to those at the Scottish Modellers stand enjoyed the "Banter" a big thanks to Mark (MRDblue17) for chipping my new edition 66725 and just to prove he was enjoying himself a wee pic below

My only critisism was the catering; out of the hands of PMRC, time they got a new coffee machine as my coffee was like muddy watter other than that minor detail thanks to all at the show

Eddie

post-6643-0-92898600-1340678753_thumb.jpg

Hi Another big thank you to Stan and all the Perth MRC members for making our weekend operating Eskmuir so enjoyable.

Arrived back at 3-00pm yesterday safe and well, only need to summon up the strength to put it all away again. The comments we have received here on RMweb and at the show certainly pleased me.

It was amazing the number of people who seemed to have lived in Brechin, still work on the preserved line and even one ex engine driver re-counting their experiences. All the questions and positive comments certainly made the time go fast.

thanks again from a Sunny Lancashire

Tony

• RMweb Premium

Hi Another big thank you to Stan and all the Perth MRC members for making our weekend operating Eskmuir so enjoyable.

Arrived back at 3-00pm yesterday safe and well, only need to summon up the strength to put it all away again. The comments we have received here on RMweb and at the show certainly pleased me.

It was amazing the number of people who seemed to have lived in Brechin, still work on the preserved line and even one ex engine driver re-counting their experiences. All the questions and positive comments certainly made the time go fast.

thanks again from a Sunny Lancashire

Tony

Your layout was a delight to watch Tony, Good operating and interesting track plan. I liked the simultaneous departures. So a big thanks to you and your team for showing it

• RMweb Premium

Perth clearly remains Scotland's top model railway show, so congratulations to all concerned, particularly to the organisers and to those intrepid souls who brought themselves and their layouts up from the south notwithstanding the appalling weather conditions down there. The only adverse comment I would have is that I thought that the general layout was a little bit messy and I wonder if it would be advantageous in this and presumably other exhibitions to separate the traders from the layouts, eg the traders in hall 1, the layouts in hall 2.

DT

Archived