London Bridge re-development

• RMweb Gold

Just had a wander up to the South Eastern side - told by platform staff 'no photos'. The bloke who said this  was pleasant enough  but he's been told to say that by his bosses.

The footbridge onto platform 8 is still there but no longer open (still open between platforms 1 - 6) so it does get a bit congested on the ramps at the Borough Market end of the station.

The platform 8 canopy is still there but the lighting etc was being disconnected. Platofrm 9 is now without the hoarding and temporary canopies and a good part of the remaining part of the train shed wall has now gone with just the section between the footbridge and the bufferstoops still in situ.

The old conocrouse that was still there a few days ago is mostly gone.

Inside the new concourse all the barriers are being relocated closer to the new buffer stop line. I notices the gaps in the surface for these the other day.

Will be going home via Elmers End so will have another look down the line although it will be dark by then.

To the South of the station it is solid with workers and machinery with a 66 in the background.

I can't find a thread specifically dedicated to the Thameslink Programme, so I'll post this here.

Network Rail have a part of their website dedicated to incidences and lessons learned during the works, found here: https://www.safety.networkrail.co.uk/Alerts-and-Campaign/Lessons-Learnt/Thameslink-Lesson-Learnt

This one in particular was interesting: https://www.safety.networkrail.co.uk/Alerts-and-Campaign/Lessons-Learnt/~/media/Home/New%20Structure%2017%20apr%202013/Alerts%20and%20Campaigns/Lessons%20Learnt/TLP/TLP%20021%20Lessons%20Learnt%20-%20Polythene%20removal%20from%20OHL.pdf

• 2 weeks later...

Quite a few photos on the Thameslink Twitter pages.

You don't need to sign in or have an account to view them......

https://twitter.com/TLProgramme/media

Click on a photo to bring up the gallery, then it's easy to click to the next photo, etc, etc.

Ignore the adverts and other misc. photos and there are lots of interesting photos beyond.

Thought id post this here if it hasnt been already...

Thanks for that Michael. You remind me I should scan the timetabled schematic I have for the work in this film. All drawn up with colour for various time periods/platforms etc. with what works happens when and possessions, cranes, trains required etc. I was given it by someone who worked on the project back then. 

My sympathies for all commuters on the Brighton side. I'm yet to try the Southeastern experience so far this year. Market Porter is a good choice you can get Harvey's in there! Perhaps we should have an RMweb Porter sub-group?

regards

Raphael

• RMweb Premium

6.30pm this evening.

attachicon.gif10676214_10153048750940854_2043725046477066038_n.jpg

(Photo © Steve Mellis C/o Reigate, Redhill & District Rail Users Association)

Utter chaos all morning, utter chaos this evening.  Three more years...

Crikey! I'm between contracts at the moment, but would normally come up to London Bridge on my daily commute. Not too sorry to be missing it this week, but rather hope I won't be off the bandwagon for too long...

My sympathies for all commuters on the Brighton side. I'm yet to try the Southeastern experience so far this year. Market Porter is a good choice you can get Harvey's in there! Perhaps we should have an RMweb Porter sub-group?

That sounds a rather good idea!

I'm not at all surprised to be honest - it really has been a pitiful day for Southern.

48% of Southern's trains were 5 minutes or more late today, but on the Brighton Main Line peak services were 39% less than 5 minutes late with 21% over 30 minutes late or cancelled.  Remember that's overall, not specific stations - out of the 16 morning peak trains from Redhill this morning only three actually ran.

I was at my son's flat in Bermondsey overlooking the tracks yesterday and although the SE trains were running fairly normally there were many Southern trains held at signals for quite a long time, both up and down. Our journey home was eventful - mostly by Overground which was just silly overcrowded, but when we went onto the Southern at West Croydon it was all confusion and delay. We just avoid London Bridge as much as possible.

EMT announced late arrival of a Corby service to LSP due to delays at London Bridge this morning!

Apparently the London Bridge issues had impacted on Thameslink services and caused a tailback of trains right through to Bedford, EMT services were caught up in the backlog. I wonder how many services are delayed by problems at a station those trains never actually call at on a route they don't even use?

I've been through platform 2, platform 1, platform 6, platform 5 and in and out of 10 (via Southern side) today.

It will feel a bit strange not stopping.

I was on the Southern side all day yesterday and it was a bit of a mess. Redhill services were being sent South to Gatwick and then run to London via the Quarry Line. Split a 10 car 377 at Redhill and took 2 x 3 car 377s to Tonbridge (Very unsuual)and on my next trip to london, turned around at Croydon as service was so late. I actually like it when it all ges wrong as it makes a more interesting day (as long as it's not my going home train!).

Archived