Bachmann Midland Pullman

Ian Hargrave

No painted one at Model Rail Scotland :nono:

Pullman-5.jpg

Pullman-2.jpg

Pullman-3.jpg

Pullman0.jpg

I notice that the Bachmann bogies feature spring dampers; these were not fitted on delivery.

They were certainly in place by 1962, but I think that anyone operating a layout set in the very early 1960s may need to remove them for absolute authenticity.

Fortunately, I model 1961 and my Midland Pullman is Kitmaster - which doesn't have the spring dampers.

Regards,

John Isherwood.

Were they coupled up in the cabinet? They seem an awful long distance between vehicles when good corridor to corridor couplings are available.

Honestly can't remember if they were, At least didn't see the intercar couplings fully connected.

Chris

Latest news from HATTONS

Delivery expected 17th September 2012 for the original livery CODE XX-255DC

1st October 2012 for the Yellow ended livery code xx-256DC

so a bit more time to get savin' up??!!

Was yours underlined as well?

For your information I have no idea why my post was underlined, actually I dont see that it makes the slightest bit of difference to the actual information I was posting for the benefit of anyone who may be interested!

I have far more important things to do than worry if something is underlned!

The latest Bachmann Collectors Club Magazine arrived today and it says "The Midland Pullman is now at the artwork stage. Once completed, the artwork will be sent to the factory for the tampo printing plates to be made. We then await livery samples for final approval before production". Not sure how long this takes but sounds like we won't see a painted model for a while yet.

The latest Bachmann Collectors Club Magazine arrived today and it says "The Midland Pullman is now at the artwork stage. Once completed, the artwork will be sent to the factory for the tampo printing plates to be made. We then await livery samples for final approval before production". Not sure how long this takes but sounds like we won't see a painted model for a while yet.

Which is probably why the guys on the Bachmann stand quoted November to me as a delivery date. Maybe they are being cautious that the artwork may not be right first time, but given the state of play it may be well be an accurate delivery date - I dont think Bachmann will want any errors on this one as there is a tad too much attention being paid to the model for them to escape lightly if they do cock up.

• 2 weeks later...

I attended the Coventry show today and was very surprised to not see the BP in Blue,the model on show was I guess the same one that was at Warley last year,however it really is a superb looking set.

Also looking good were the three livered MLV,these are really up to the same looking standard as the EMU's from Bachmann,well done!

I attended the Coventry show today and was very surprised to not see the BP in Blue,the model on show was I guess the same one that was at Warley last year,

As clarification on this Dennis Lovett has confirmed the following:

“The model at Warley was EP1 (Engineering Prototype 1) and the one in the cabinet at Coventry was EP2. This has been produced following minor changes made to the originals by our Design Engineer responsible for the project.

Two coaches (a power car and one of the coaches) appear on page 87 of the forthcoming catalogue and these were hand painted for catalogue illustration purposes.

The EP2 sample has been approved and the Design team are now working on the livery artwork from which the Tampo printing plates will be made. These will then be tested on the model and livery samples sent for approval (or otherwise). Once they are approved the model will progress to the production stage.

A considerable amount of work has been carried out by our team in the period between Warley and Coventry on this project”

Archived