The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Whacky Signs.

Colin_McLeod

I think the overseas consultants were charging considerably less than the homegrown ones - the chap they had acquired from Qantas was on an astronomical salary and was then putting out all the work to Aus and UK consultants.  They only brought in UK and other foreign folk where local firms hadn't got the expertise to do particular jobs and the company I then worked for (occasionally) did quite a lot of work for them - the first time I was in Sydney there were 5 of us more or less full time on projects for CityRail one of whom subsequently went to work for them while another still does consultancy stuff for them. 

As an overpaid  home grown government IT consultant I'll just  divert you with this picture of King parrots in my back yard 

post-22541-0-90133600-1504969490_thumb.jpg

whilst I  sneak away!

Edited by monkeysarefun
  • Like 6

If Mayor Khan gets his way, you might find Penrith and Carlisle on a future TfL map....

And if Bristol`s muppett mayor gets his way with an underground system he might want it linking with TFLs system

One I spotted last year while staying in Perthshire:

post-31351-0-14672100-1503143556_thumb.j

The people of Dull are also busy forging links with Bland in New South Wales:  http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-scotland-40751601/dull-pairs-with-boring-and-welcomes-bland

Here's another unusual twinning sign in Scotland:

5328153_5339fb9f.jpg

Explanations here, here and here.

(I am also reminded that there is one RMWebber whose profile picture features the sign directing travellers to an Orkney village the name of which I probably can't mention on the forum.)

Edited by ejstubbs
  • Like 5

The people of Dull are also busy forging links with Bland in New South Wales:  http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-scotland-40751601/dull-pairs-with-boring-and-welcomes-bland

5328153_5339fb9f.jpg

(I am also reminded that there is one RMWebber whose profile picture features the sign directing travellers to an Orkney village the name of which I probably can't mention on the forum.)

With a certain famous figure standing next to the sign, yes I know who you mean.

• Like 1

5328153_5339fb9f.jpg

Who would that be?

• RMweb Premium

Not obvious from the picture unless you know that this is a terminus platform in Dublin. If any train really passes at speed it will not emd well.

attachicon.gifFB_IMG_1506191027541.jpg

Either that or it has very, very good acceleration from a stand................

I was at Todmorden station a couple of days ago that had similar signs, but absolutely no evidence of a yellow line.

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 2