RMweb

Whacky Signs.

Colin_McLeod

1 minute ago, melmerby said:

Pity the picture is of Bilberries...............😃

Completely in keeping with the rest of the label.

• Agree 2
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium

West Sussex County Highways Department presents your classic Friday Afternoon Job:

BBC News - Bognor Regis: Road sign to seaside town spelt wrongly
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-65242577

Edited by John M Upton
  • Like 1
  • Round of applause 3
  • Funny 6

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, John M Upton said:

West Sussex County Highways Department presents your classic Friday Afternoon Job:

BBC News - Bognor Regis: Road sign to seaside town spelt wrongly
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-65242577

Someone must have noticed the mistake before putting the sign up but thought,"B@gger Bognor" instead!

• Like 5
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
11 hours ago, Welly said:

Someone must have noticed the mistake before putting the sign up but thought,"B@gger Bognor" instead!

If the person who was tasked with installing it, noticed the spelling mistake, they should refuse to put the thing out? A good way of ensuring you don't get paid and don't get future contracts!

Fact is the error was the person designing the sign and secondly if someone else approved it. An opportunity lost for the maker to ring up and ask 'Are you sure this is what you want'?

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Imagined, but not improbable, conversation in Council Depot as the working day get's underway:

'Ok, Jim, your team is putting this sign on the following junction this morning, then I want you to...'

'Just a minute, guv, it's spelled wr...'.

'Don't care, it's got to go up this morning, get on with it'.

(shoulders shrugged)  'Ok, boss, whatever you say'.

Welcome to the nittygritty of how UK local councils actually work!

• Agree 4
  • Friendly/supportive 2

20 hours ago, Michael Hodgson said:

I blame the Skools.  There not payin teechers enuff so thay hafter let any old fule teech.

But its important that the skoolkids lern reedin, ritin an' rithmetik....

• Funny 3

• RMweb Premium

What really caught my eye was the building statue properly superimposed to appear to be on top of the van roof. At first viewing, I actually thought that it was. Also note that the term "Wi!!y" is not used over here very much; well, at least for "that".

Edited by J. S. Bach
To finish the sentence!
  • Like 2

• RMweb Premium

???? I see only three humanoid figures: the person waiting for the light to change, the artwork on the truck's door, and the statue. An explanation for those of us about 3000 miles west might help. Note that I am being serious here, not snarky as I have absolutely no idea what you are referring to except something about Liverpool.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
9 minutes ago, J. S. Bach said:

???? I see only three humanoid figures: the person waiting for the light to change, the artwork on the truck's door, and the statue. An explanation for those of us about 3000 miles west might help. Note that I am being serious here, not snarky as I have absolutely no idea what you are referring to except something about Liverpool.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liverpool_Resurgent

But the point of the photo is the low humour of the hashtag. I've no idea what the North American English equivalent would be.

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Premium
8 minutes ago, J. S. Bach said:

Possibly @ardbealach is referring to the statue - take a closer look. (I'm not a scouser, so only guessing.)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1