Railway footage in feature films and television...

I didn`t skip anywhere; I enjoyed it all the way through.......FAB! :good:

It's been sometime since I saw this film, I didn't realise their lunch was delivered by Caledonian 123. Plus you see the B12 too. Excellent. Thanks for posting this clip. :good: Gerry Anderson was a genius.

As we all know, Joanne thought up the Harry potter stories while stuck on a train from Manchester to London. On the "The JK Rowling Story" there is an external shot of a VT Pendolino, then it cuts to the interior, where she is being served by a BR-uniformed "trolley dolly"...

• RMweb Premium

Can you imagine getting clearance to do stunts like that now, the H&S bods would have apoplexy: real platform gaps, real rolling-stock, real live-rails :O .....it`d have to be CGI`d for sure!

And a real actor doing the stunts - not a stuntman!

Keith

• Like 1

I seem to remember a BBC series from the 1980's (?) 'A Horseman Riding By' (adapted from the Delderfield novel), which featured restored GW vintage stock (1400 tank, coaches) plus the obligitory GW halt. Filmed on SDR, or WSR? Not sure.

Closing scenes of Hitler My Part in His Downfall shot on Bluebell Railway, with GWR Dukedog and SECR tender.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aVMnIyUpYo&feature=related

There was a scene with a horseman whipping his steed as a goods train passes in Ken Russell's 'Women In Love'. The engine appeared to have no bunker, and the guard's van was marked 'M R'.

Edited by mow

Sorry if these already mentioned but just been watching John Wayne in The Train Robbers on TV, also the 3rd ep season 1 of Sherlock Holmes (the new one with that Cumberbatch guy), theres a EWS liveried Class 67 in background of several shots in a rail yard,

regards Glenn

Edited by aussiebrfan

• 5 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Sutton features in the irritating Match.com dating site advert. Annoying for two reasons, firstly the train arrives as a 377 but leaves as a 455 and secondly, the reaction of the girl on the opposite platform would in reality have been to have called the BTP to report the nutter on the other side with the guitair...

• Like 1

Steve McQueen in the cab of a B1 (61378) at Liverpool Street and fleeting glimpse of a BR Horsebox and a New CCT being unloaded (but Robert Wagner gets his head in the way whilst snogging Shirley Anne Field!).

Film “The War Loverâ€

Catch it on BBC I Player at about 1:02:50

Porcy

• Like 1

Steve McQueen in the cab of a B1 (61378) at Liverpool Street and fleeting glimpse of a BR Horsebox and a New CCT being unloaded (but Robert Wagner gets his head in the way whilst snogging Shirley Anne Field!).

Film “The War Loverâ€

Catch it on BBC I Player at about 1:02:50

Porcy

thats great ive never seen that before, is that Michael Crawford on the train with him?

is that Michael Crawford on the train with him?

It is. Complete with an American accent.

Dialogue could be a bit shaky though. Looks like McQueen must have shinned along the side of the carriage and over the tender to get int the B1 Cab but Mcqueen could do anything... :mosking:

Oh... and almost forgot! Phones (out of Stingray) is amongst McQueens crew. You get the occasional sample of his voice.

Porcy

Edited by Porcy Mane
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Wasn'tthere a roger moore and michael caine film with an intercity swallow 47 pulling pullmans, Bullseye or something like that?

Can i add the following...

trainline advert with chiltern 165s as a backdrop (plat 5 and 6 at marylebone)

the lottery advert (the one with exploding confetti etc) filmed on the concourse at marylebone.

various episodes of hollyoaks on chester station.

ar y tracs on s4c.

Hi, Bhowani Junction with Stewart Granger and Ava Gardner. Was there a childrens series called Gods Wonderful Railway in the seventies or is my memory playing tricks? Also the Hi De Hi mob did a sitcom on the Severn Valley.

An episode of 'Tales of the totally expected' where Keith Barron just missed a train at Crediton station 1981/83 I know cos I was the signalman and they dropped me a tenner for dropping and raising the barriers with no trains about, lot of money in those days!

Edited by Eggesford box