London Festival of Railway Modelling - Alexandra Palace, London

Dicky W

I've been advised by our exhibitions team that pre-booking is now open for The London Festival of Railway Modelling on line at www.model-railways-live.co.uk

You can also book over the phone on 01778 391123 and through postal order forms.

There will be 40+ layouts, 100+ traders/societies, etc and free modelling demonstrations from leading experts. Visitors who pre-book can save money, gain early access to the show and automatic entry into a draw to win a limited edition City of Peterborough locomotive and £100 spending money. Pre-booking closes at 9.00 am on Friday 16th March 2012.

We'll post more on the show as it becomes available.

layouts list

Z

Nevermoor

N

Dudley Heath

Kayreuth

Loch Tat

Long Line

Santa Barbara

Waitawhyle

2mm Finescale

Mini-MSW

3mm

Whatlington (SX)

3b7

Yeoton Wharf

P4

Burntistand 1883

HOm

Furka Oberalp

Kein Name

HO

Aversac les Mines

Ediger Eller

Gilbert Junction

Torcy

OOn3

Mannin Middle

OO

Amberdale

Centenary Park Road

Empingham

EM

Leighton Buzzard

Liverpool Lime Street

New Hey

Westcliff

O-16.5

Hayesden

Rivendell

O- 14

Dinas 1869

On30

Purgatory Peak

O

Binns Road

Helmthwaite & Chapel Lane

Millwall Goods and Arnold Lane

Palmerston Road

St Georges Quay

S7

Hemyock

Tinkers Green Sidings

S

East Lynn and Nunstanton

16mm NG

Fen End Pit

Oakland 3rd Street Yard

https://www.model-railways-live.co.uk/Exhibitions/The_London_Festival_of_Railway_Modelling/24_March_2012/Layouts/

• 2 weeks later...

OK, I've read and re-read this thread and can't find the show's date. Did I miss something? I presume it's March?

OK... checked the callendar... 24th 25th March. Got it... and now it's in this thread too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It's always a date that I try to make to meet my brother and father... for a lads day out, nice stroll around the layouts and stands, a few good chats to friendly traders and enjoy the ambience of what is actually quite an interesting venue.

We've now got David Larkin attending the show on both days and he'll be on the BRM stand to answer any questions you have regarding wagons, both prototype and model.

Now counting down and just one month until pre-booking closes for The London Festival of Railway Modelling. Get your tickets now and save at least £2.00 each on admission!

I have to tell you the story of my visit 4/5 yrs ago. At the time I was working for a different firm to the one I am now at, but doing a similar job of maintaining comms equipment on the Underground. Basically operating as a "firefighter" on faults as & when they occurred, & responding rapidly, with no home base to stay at, but signing on for 0700 & off at 1900 (in reality usually around 1800, as the night shift was due on).

Anyway, I put in for annual leave for either the Sat or Sun, but was refused both as there was no-one to cover my shift. On the Sunday, I drove up to London from Cambs, signed in by phone, and parked up at Alley Palley around 0700. I read a magazine until the show opened, and went in. Still no calls from work, so I walked round fairly quickly to get chance to see everything, then repeated the walk round at a slow pace. To cut a long story short, By 2-3pm I had seen everything, and would normally have left, but with no work calls I stayed right up to closing time, then sat in the car reading the programe untill about 6pm, and drove home. A hard days work done, and I saved a day's leave as well.....

Happy Days

Stewart

• 2 weeks later...

Just a reminder that there's only one week left until pre-booking closes for the London Festival of Railway Modelling.

American-based company Chatham Toys and Models will by flying over and this will be their first UK model railway show - let's make them welcome! See:

http://www.chathamtoysandmodels.com/index.html

We'll also hopefully have Andy (our new colleague!) joining us on and around the BRM stand during the show.

Don’t forget by pre-booking your tickets you can gain early access to the show, save at least £2.00 on admission and automatic entry into our prize draw to win £190 worth of modelling prizes.

Richard, can you just remind us when the pre-booked tickets will be despatched? I ordered ours several weeks ago. Thanks.

Oh, and I'll pop by the stand and say Hi... about time we put faces to names.

Jon

[Edit - saving another entry - thanks go to Tony, below; that'll be next week then]

• RMweb Gold

Richard, can you just remind us when the pre-booked tickets will be despatched? I ordered ours several weeks ago. Thanks.

I ordered mine yesterday and the email stated that they will be despatched 10-14 days before the event. In previous years I ordered really early and they arrived about 10 days before the show.

Archived