'Roundhouse' USA HO steam twighlight in the 1950's

roundhouse

• RMweb Gold

I will just be wearing one of my normal T shirts trousers etc!!

Loading the layout tonight. Just need to work on the 4-12-2  ready for the journey tomorrow morning. Fingers crossed that there are no accidents on the way up unlike the trip to newcastle a few weeks ago.

Really looking forward to this show, our last one this year.

Ian

• Like 2

+ riding crop, boots, oh never mind you get the idea. :girldevil:

Yepeeeeee,ride'em cowboy,those days have gone,especial after the last time the wife went away,spurs and latex full of air don't mix,the bu**er chaced me all round the room,you can't beleave how much damage it caused,try explaining that to the wife!!!

Ray

p.s are you there yet Ian

• RMweb Gold

Yes Ray. Got here just before 1pm and layout set up. Just the stock to put out. Forgot the white boards to write the loco numbers that are in the Roundhouse so it's going to be guess the number unless we find a Staples!!

Mike made it. Jamie got here however he got a call about a job so he's had to catch the train back to Warrington for an induction tomorrow and starting Sunday so we are one down this weekend now. Oh well it's a hold job that there are two control knobs on the DT400 throttles!!!

post-1557-0-69480700-1417185175_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

• RMweb Gold

We had a good day working the layout yesterday. We had help from both Long Island Jack and DanB in tbe afternoon. Thank you for giving us a hand as it allowed us to have breaks and for me to fix various bits of rolling stock.

A couple of photos taken yesterday.

If the layout has a sweet fragrance to it then that's the hairspray used to seal the grass at the end of the show yesterday!!

post-1557-0-12845800-1417331626_thumb.jpg

post-1557-0-46247500-1417331665_thumb.jpg

Edited by roundhouse
  • Like 6

• RMweb Gold

Yesterday we had a full crew with the added help from Dan and Ray.

However today there were just three of us due to Jsmie having to rush back home. Fingers crossed he got the job.

So the three of us managed to just about keep going all day.

The layout performed well except for The loss of power to the turntable deck on a few occassions.

That's our last show with the layout till next April when we head to the South Coast.

post-1557-0-09758200-1417380845_thumb.jpg

post-1557-0-58089000-1417380866_thumb.jpg

post-1557-0-86183900-1417380890_thumb.jpg

Edited by roundhouse
  • Like 6

• RMweb Premium

It was nice to see the layout ian and to meet you all, even if I have blown your Christams budget by lending you a lttle book that you now feel the need to buy.  John  (the picture guy) is also going to look for a copy.

Jamie

• RMweb Gold

It was nice to see the layout ian and to meet you all, even if I have blown your Christams budget by lending you a lttle book that you now feel the need to buy.  John  (the picture guy) is also going to look for a copy.

Jamie

He was very engrossed in the book today!!

Can you let me know the full name and author of the book. Tried searching on Abe but not a lot came up.

Ian

• RMweb Premium

Hi Ian

It's by Robert Darwin.  There are at least 2 copies on Abe.

#

no-image.gif
The History of the Union Pacific Railroad in Cheyenne

Darwin, Robert

Published by Express Press Limited (1987)

ISBN 10: 0941421090 ISBN 13: 9780941421096

Used Hardcover First Edition

Quantity Available: 1

Bookseller Rating: fourstar.gif

add-to-basket.png
Price: US$ 225.00
Convert Currency
Shipping: US$ 4.00
Within U.S.A.

Destination, Rates & Speeds

Item Description: Express

This is one of them.   John Wigston's also putting it on his list.  Nick Tozer ahs his own copy which he says is better than mine because there's no brown tape on the outer packaging.

Jamie

Thanks for letting me have a play on the layout Ian, though it did melt my brain a few times getting those uncoupling magnets to work. I am sure there's a trick to it but I'm still at a loss as to what that trick is! :D

Again, I am so sorry for making that boxcar take a tumble off the back of the layout. My hand caught the backscene and the shock of it jarred it out of my hand. I feel like a right tit :(

I did get a few photos of the layout too, I'll pop them up here once I dig them out of my mass upload to photobucket from Saturday! :D

Good to see you and the crew again, and nice to see Ray again for the first time since TVNAM. How time flies!

Edited by DanielB

• RMweb Gold

Dan

There are a few cars we have trouble with. Mike adds the pipework to his which sometimes foul the couplers and a few of mine where playing up that dont normally do so.

Also normally we can move along the front of the layout but we set up a bit tighter to the barrier as there was going to be a different layout next to us although that changed so we did have more room than we were at first, but didn't really want to drag the layout back on the rubber floor. I also changed some of the non Kadee knuckle couplers (handy that a trader was selling big pack of the kadee whisker couplers etc) so that also helped.

No worries re the box car. Fixed it Sunday mornng and back in action later that day. I knocked one of Mikes on the floor on Sunday!!

Thanks again for helping out (and Ray) as that helped have a bit of a break and allowed me to sort a few items out as Sunday we had very few breaks being one operator down.

Edited by roundhouse