Smithdown Road Junction

shanks522

this is a great layout really captures a slice of a modern railway excellent video as always .

well done keep up the good work

bri.s

Thank you all for the very complimentary comments,

The layout has been covered up of late whilst i've been working on the house so it was nice to give some stock a run and play around with the camera, I've been filming the layout with a kamtruck but not really happy with it yet so more playing needed then i'l have a cabride video to upload.

Graham.

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Hi Graham

I have only just caught up with this thread. I like the way you have been able to get a lot of railway in a small space but keeping it balanced with the surrounding scenery . The amount of movement in the videos is very impressive agin this helps with the impression of a busy junction in the North of London. Well done.

Clive

Hi Clive, Thank you for the compliment.

Right, first off i would like to wish anyone reading this a Very Merry Christmas and happy New Year.

Simple post today, I had a friend of mine cut me a vinyl name for the layout which i have fitted this evening, half of me like's it and the other half doesn't, I can't quite put my finger on what it is though? so my question tonight is keep it or loose it? Would like your opinion.

post-6774-0-79883100-1356205157_thumb.jpg

Cheers

Graham.

Hi Clive, Thank you for the compliment.

Right, first off i would like to wish anyone reading this a Very Merry Christmas and happy New Year.

Simple post today, I had a friend of mine cut me a vinyl name for the layout which i have fitted this evening, half of me like's it and the other half doesn't, I can't quite put my finger on what it is though? so my question tonight is keep it or loose it? Would like your opinion.

attachicon.gifSmithdown name.jpg

Cheers

Graham.

Hi Graham

Here's a thought, why not get some small picture frame moulding lengths and mitre them to make a frame. This will give a more defined look to the name and ground it on the backboard.

I think that'll make a big difference.

Cheers

Mark

• 1 month later...

Hello all,

Only a couple of week still the Tonbridge show so I've been spending time adding scenic details etc but thought i'd better make sure my rolling stock is running all ok, I had a few hours to spare in the week and tested some of the stock, I also had two assistants, My kittens/cats have been showing an interest when daddy goes to play trains so they thought they would keep an eye on proceedings, Here's Archie and Dexter making sure everything is ok. 

Cheers

Graham.

Archived