Bachmann Class 40 32-475DC and 32-480DS

GaryHN

Andy Y's recent photos

post-1-0-02425000-1385112234_thumb.jpg

Yes, there's a clearance necessity for curve and incline accommodation accounting for the bogie/body gap but from normal angles as seen below it's reasonable.

post-1-0-27706300-1385112236_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-34619100-1385112238_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-39907900-1385112240_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-05141300-1385112242_thumb.jpg

The side grille etches are supplied in the fittings pack for customer fitting if required (along with end ladders and headcode discs) dependent on the the number and date that the customer is modelling. Check prototype images for your own use and decide if they need to be fitted, D211 'Mauritania' in as delivered condition would have them fitted and I'd suggest a thin bead of Klear or similar along the inside edges of the etch would be the best approach.

post-1-0-32016000-1385112604_thumb.jpg

I myself dont like the windscreen and will change that for an etched brass replacement.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

So who has the best pre-order price then, chaps ?

I missed out on a Blue Pullman with blue ends by dithering - not going to happen with a split blue 40 !

Hi Holmesfeldian

Conversely you can put a pre order in and when the goodies arrive they do not meet your expectation. :(

I just hope that the likes of Bachmann will do enough of the workhorse type locos in various liveries that the one I want turns up at some point, if not I don’t worry anymore or buy one in a livery not applicable to me and get the paint out.

What I find a tad upsetting is the major manufacturers all seem to like doing the models in the livery or variation I might buy from them with DCC sound fitted. Us luddites start getting limited choice, OK the sound and DCC can be removed but why pay to take bits out? :wacko: D211 would do very nicely, a disc fitted green Type 4 but..........

Edited by Clive Mortimore

What I find a tad upsetting is the major manufacturers all seem to like doing the models in the livery or variation I might buy from them with DCC sound fitted. Us luddites start getting limited choice, OK the sound and DCC can be removed but why pay to take bits out? :wacko: D211 would do very nicely, a disc fitted green Type 4 but..........

Same with me, why they can't do a non sound one as well is beyond me. Mind you looking at the join for the nose end I'm not that impressed anyway.

So who has the best pre-order price then, chaps ?

I missed out on a Blue Pullman with blue ends by dithering - not going to happen with a split blue 40 !

I ordered 2 x 40141 for £62 each and 2 x D211 for £124 each on 20th May 2008.

The 2 x D211 will have the sound removed and will be sold on, or I may convert one to 40122 / D200

I ordered 2 x 40141 for £62 each and 2 x D211 for £124 each on 20th May 2008.

The 2 x D211 will have the sound removed and will be sold on, or I may convert one to 40122 / D200

If you're looking to sell one of the D211 - contact me please ?

Rgds,

It seems a very long wait to see any kind of Class 40 from Bachmann. The delivery dates appear to be on castors! I have more e-mails advising me that the date has lapsed (again) than I do on most other topics..........and I get loads of e-mails.

I think that English Electric built the whole class far quicker that it has taken Bachmann to get the revised model out. Or is it me?

Anyhow, a quick thanks to you guys for the many pics posted - much appreciated.

Keef

Thoughts? Much better. The MW jumpers are odd. One on front is spot on, the one on bogie side looks over large (is it the old one?) Some of the grilles etc etc look a bit clunky/heavy. That said far better and once grimed up a bit.......Windscreen frames could be better, the blue one looks better than the previously posted green one, have the tampo'd the rubber grommet onto the clear plastic?Relief on the bogies looks better, (old ones were a bit flat) Trust a HUGE hole for speaker engineered in and working lights etc etc. 

Edited by gridwatcher