EBay madness

Marcyg

Intrigued by this lot at £900 BIN or best offer:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Huge-job-lot-trains-coaches-locomotives-accessories-etc-/261232146144?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item3cd2a636e0

Seems an odd selection with a right mixture of items (including gauges!)  Not sure it's worth anywhere near £900 though...

As he says..."thanks 4 looking".

Do they spell differently down in Cornwall? ;)

(No offence meant to any Cornish People, :) )

• RMweb Gold

Collect from Cornwall... That's a fat lot of good for most of the UK....... :nono:

Cheers,

Mick

Quite so. As I pointed out in that yellow-fest offer that you (sensibly, no doubt!) weren't able to honour, even Thanet is a long way from most places except the Medway Towns - and it's an hour from there! Things have to be a super bargain for people to drive many miles to collect, and sellers in the corners of the nation need to think that through.

The Lima 4575 is not the world's best model, but she certainly doesn't deserve that. I can confirm the speed, perhaps the bidders need a chassis? The rest needs to be put out of its misery...

The Lima 4575 is not the world's best model, but she certainly doesn't deserve that. I can confirm the speed, perhaps the bidders need a chassis? The rest needs to be put out of its misery...

Be good for a scrapyard though...  If it really needs doing, give me a hammer and I'll sort it!

• RMweb Gold

Be good for a scrapyard though...  If it really needs doing, give me a hammer and I'll sort it!

Is there a catagory for absolute junk on ebay.Put it in there.

• RMweb Gold

Apparently Hornby Kit-Built Network Rail 31s in the wrong boxes are rare enough to justify a couple of hundred pounds:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hornby-R2649-KIT-BUILT-NETWORK-RAIL-CLASS-31-LOCO-31285-MINT-BOXED-DCC-mv-/330803712599?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item4d05701257

:scratchhead:

Now, I like yellow stuff, but come on....

I thought "mint" meant "as new", not "repainted".

• RMweb Premium

I think it's a Lima small Prairie, but very hacked about. looks nothing like an LMS 3MT though.

Pete

Shows that the theory that Stanier brought his designs straight to the LMS (apart from chimneys & domes etc) is plainly nonsense.

• RMweb Premium

The thing that really ruins it, is the statement that it has a COPY of the instructions and not the real McCoy!

You could always buy a new kit, take out the instructions, add them to this monstrosity & throw the rest of the new kit out!

As is this from the same guy. Apparently both house and church are '00 guage' (sic) so the question is, is that a very big house or just a very small church? And what the hell's going on in the windows in pic 4 (OK that's two questions).

• RMweb Gold

As is this from the same guy. Apparently both house and church are '00 guage' (sic) so the question is, is that a very big house or just a very small church? And what the hell's going on in the windows in pic 4 (OK that's two questions).

Small - far away, small - far away, small - far away.