RMweb

EBay madness

Marcyg

If you did happen to be in the fortunate position to have £3000 to spend - would you really blow it on this lot:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hornby-THOMAS-RANGE-LOCOS-COMPLETE-SET-OF-22-BRAND-NEW-/191690097102?hash=item2ca19ec1ce

or would you invest it in something like this for £50 less:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/L-H-LOVELESS-CO-GAUGE-1-BRASS-WINDSOR-LAD-LNER-GREEN-CLASS-A3-4-6-2-LOCO-/131522199437?hash=item1e9f557f8d

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Model Rail commissions often go for big  money after they've sold out so this one must be worth loadsamoney, mustn't it? 

And if it's yellow, it's worth more..................... :no:

Cheers,

Mick

Ebay dodgy buyer alert. Do not deal with cour_shau. Purchases from you, pays promptly, leaves good feedback, and then cancels the transaction and PayPal take the money back. Thieving ######.

I have had the same issue with this same seller got a Paypal chargeback alert yesterday.

I have provided Paypal with the Proof of postage / Proof of signed for and Proof of possitive feedback.

Hopefully I should be covered by Paypal seller protection by providing this but until then I am left with a negative balance so cannot buy anything with Paypal until that cleared, so it's wait and see what Paypal come back with but I'm not holding my breath....

I have had the same issue with this same seller got a Paypal chargeback alert yesterday.

I have provided Paypal with the PPayPalf postage / Proof of signed for and Proof of possitive feedback.

Hopefully I should be covered by Paypal seller protection by providing this but until then I am left with a negative balance so cannot buy anything with Paypal until that cleared, so it's wait and see what Paypal come back with but I'm not holding my breath....

Hi Steve. I was going to message you via Ebay but here we are! I have messaged all 12 of the sellers this character purchased from and eveeyone has had the same experience. I spoke to PayPal and as long as you can show them proof of tracked postage they will cover you.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Thank you guys on this thread for reminding me that I had a 'Signal Box' Cl 45 body and that I couldn't remember why I bought it!

I sold it on Ebay for £70. Result! The proceeds will, of course, go to towards one of those next important purchases!

• Like 2

Yet there is this from the same seller, and with a box!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hornby-R106-10-TON-SHEEP-WAGON-S-R-BROWN-51915-00-GAUGE-NEW-LOT-15A/121637890187?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D33661%26meid%3D98bab1a8a3d44f96b8ddee0031bb3b13%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D3%26rkt%3D4%26sd%3D121687327570

By the way, what makes it a Sheep wagon rather than a Cattle wagon, it does not look to have a top deck?

Regards

Edited by Grovenor

• RMweb Gold

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hornby-R106-10-TON-SHEEP-WAGON-S-R-BROWN-51915-00-GAUGE-/121768955632?hash=item1c59fecef0

...and there's two at that price! And it's not even Gostude....  :O :scratchhead:

"IN  GOOD TO EXCELLENT PLAYWORN CONDITION"

................What on earth is this supposed to mean?

I had one which sold for 0.99. Only one bidder!

• Like 1

Sheep refers to the bidders that the seller hopes for...

It 's a 10 ton sheep wagon - that's one hell of a big sheep!