RMweb

EBay madness

Marcyg

Clear sign of someone who can't be ar*ed to post them.

Surely we've had that one before, some time ago. Or has he set up to manufacture them in the UK, to prove that it's not only China who can produce quality at an affordable price?

Surely we've had that one before, some time ago. Or has he set up to manufacture them in the UK, to prove that it's not only China who can produce quality at an affordable price?

I think it was the same but different. I think this one is even worse? (I could be wrong and it is the same one, of course.) (The memory....)

Edited by Il Grifone

I once bought a Collett coach from a toy fair thinking it was a Stanier. Someone had put an LMS transfer on it. I've just written to someone on e-bay who was selling four Mainline Collett's but listed them as Lima Mk1's; nice coaches, the Colletts not the Lima ones or that old Hornby Stanier for that matter.

• RMweb Gold
  • RMweb Gold
  • RMweb Premium

Its sold now, so perhaps we've seen the last of it!

Here's a rarity - an 'LMS Collett' coach!!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hornby-R434-LMS-MAROON-COLLETT-57-BRAKE-3rd-COACH-5644-MINT-BOXED-nh-/331964167255?hash=item4d4a9b3457:g:nSgAAOSw9IpX0am2

Were they built at the same time as the LNER Maunsells or the GWR Gresleys?

Well they do share lots of bits with the contemporary Hornby Collett coaches (and the Maunsells as well come to that). I think the Gresley coaches only share the floor moulding. (Ignoring box, packing, wheels etc.)

Perhaps it's the wrong box and says 'Collett' on that? (It is Gostude after all....)

Edited by Il Grifone