RMweb

EBay madness

Marcyg

And what about the Hornby coach in the Wrenn box!

I did notice that but it didn't really register amongst the tat - another case of the box worth more than the contents. (Don't ask me why - it's only a box after all!)

Edited by Il Grifone

Guest 40-something

Someone in Sheffield must be having fun - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-ASSORTED-OO-HORNNY-WAGONS-1O-/162249900866?hash=item25c6d90342

Maybe it is the Christmas party?

Still on the xmas sherry apparantly....

Built and finished to a good standard

I thought the Rails-Vault ebay shop was reserved for the utter sh*te 'models', obviously not

Edited by 40-something

Beautiful! . That would have been built in the days when everyone in the hobby at least had a go at some modelling. Nevertheless it is utter sh1te as are the other load of kit built,bodged overpriced electric loco's that Rails seem to have amassed.

• RMweb Premium

Somebody not doing their homework.

The latest Hornby VT East Coast HST is fitted with a pair of TTS decoders.

The in "thing" seems to be removing Hornby TTS sound decoders and then selling either or both, the decoder and loco on. (It used to be done with ESU Loksounds, but isn't as common now.)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hornby-class-43-hst-Dcc-Tts-Sound-Decoders-/222333309158?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&nma=true&si=EANc1CYMAIRr0TQ4bJQjiaFDGx8%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

With not much research, you can buy the HST with decoders for £15 more..................

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford

• RMweb Gold

At least this one includes the stock, unlike all of the others I have seen.

Why don't (non professional) modellers just accept that all of the hours put into making a layout are an enjoyable part of the hobby rather than thinking of them as a chargeable commodity.

• RMweb Gold

Why don't (non professional) modellers just accept that all of the hours put into making a layout are an enjoyable part of the hobby rather than thinking of them as a chargeable commodity.

I'm guessing a lot of these people just look the the prices being asked for other layouts and thinking "if their's is worth £x then mine must be worth £y" without bothering to check what layouts actually sell for.

I'm guessing a lot of these people just look the the prices being asked for other layouts and thinking "if their's is worth £x then mine must be worth £y" without bothering to check what layouts actually sell for.

At least this one includes the stock, unlike all of the others I have seen.

I suspect that the person who built that particular layout has recently passed away and it is being sold by a relative. I doubt they know it's value but I'd wager they have brought items for it over the years and know what the locos, wagons etc have cost and have totted up a price based on that and then, as you say, done a price check to other listings.

David

• RMweb Gold

I suspect that the person who built that particular layout has recently passed away and it is being sold by a relative. I doubt they know it's value but I'd wager they have brought items for it over the years and know what the locos, wagons etc have cost and have totted up a price based on that and then, as you say, done a price check to other listings.

David

Sadly, in this case and some others, I think you are correct.

In others though it is the layout makers themselves overestimating what people are prepared to pay for their hours of 'toil'.

• RMweb Gold
L@@K  Down in price!

A real bargain when for a little more you could buy this one brand new and complete!

Interesting......an ersatz 4-LAV... Pedant mode...LAVs don't have corridor connections.!

I don't doubt that they are a good shop but their 'Rails-Vault' department pricings for some rather poor stuff is questionable....but hey...one doesn't have to buy......but l might if the top item gets slashed to a sensible price! :jester: P.S. £20 (probably what it's worth) declined!

Edited by Re6/6

The TMC limited edition body may well make £100 on its own, but this would be for a 'mint' example. Once it's been 'got at', it ceases to be a limited edition surely?

Edited by Il Grifone

• RMweb Gold
A real bargain when for a little more you could buy this one brand new and complete!

I am curious to know what this means  'Box very good condition, but might show slight storage'   - I think I can guess, but it's a funny way of putting it. It either does or doesn't show slight storage/damage/wear/fading.