EBay madness

Marcyg

It is quite "RARE", especially MIB, but this is a typical exaggeration 'price-wise' by the usual suspects....

And no I'm not, "YOU ARE BUYING".

Edited by Il Grifone

is that worth something? I've got a complete one somewhere!

Actually yes! All late 3 rail chassis (with nickel wheels) are sought after, though preferably with the body fitted. For a 3 rail shunter, it should be D3368 (IIRC - I'll check). Wrenn did this number variation, but in an odd shade of green, so it can't be passed off as Dublo. Wrenn bodies are still available - I've managed to acquire 3 of them - black, green and blue. This moulding is a Wrenn original, as Dublo bug messed up the mould to make an awful starter 0-4-0

I couldn't put a value on it however. The one in this lot is all corroded, so worth very little - a poor condition item (like this one)  at best has about 10% of the value of a mint specimen.

They look more like they were buried six feet under.  I can't understand why there is so much interest in this lot.  Maybe they're all after the three rail shunter chassis - it's the only thing that might be worth saving.

It ain`t 3 rail it is the Hornby with two screws hanging out       not worth squaddly dit. They are all two rail chassis 

Edited by 40F

The lot went for £65.50 + £6.50 in the end!   :O

At that price it was expensive, even if all the bits salvaged are usable....

Perhaps I missed something?

I looked again but no - The 'Atholl' is  a write off, likewise the 'Castle' & the coaches are all scrap (it might be possible to salvage the Pullman car), but none of these are worth a lot even in good order The corroded 'Liverpool' and N2 bodies are only fit for the bin and the other N2 isn't much better, which leaves the N2 and shunter chassis. It might be possible that they work, but I would doubt it (Dublo is almost indestructible but damp is a killer*). Really all you could salvage would be the pickups and the armatures (possibly) and probably something could be done with the underframes of the rolling stock.

*Rust will have seized them up and will need cleaning off for a start. Once damp starts causing a white flowery effect it's very hard/impossible to stop.

Edited by Il Grifone

• RMweb Premium

I once lefet a small cache of my childhood Dinkys in the damp and they were all write offs.

Probably made around the same time as that Dublo stuff with the same materials

The Mazak just corroded and the steel bits rusted solid.

Keith

• RMweb Premium

Over the past couple of months I've picked up 5 of these Heljan 26's & 27's as I work on replacing my old Lima stock. Prices have ranged from £55 to £85.

Don't think I'll be bidding for this one http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Heljan-2634-CLASS-26-BRCW-Sulzer-diesel-26032-in-RAILFREIGHT-RED-STRIPE-livery-/322450351392?hash=item4b1389e520:g:03MAAOSwCU1YxbV4

I know this isn't eBay, but I think it shows that others can be just as mad - a choice from Amazon

post-189-0-31047800-1489486242_thumb.jpg

A fairly bog-standard English Heritage castle guide - yours for only £5,079 + £2.80 postage, or, if you dare use another supplier 1p + £2.80 postage.

Difficult decision to make if you are keen on Farleigh Hungerford Castle!

• RMweb Gold
  • RMweb Gold

I know that this is rather like shooting fish in a barrel but FFS. I recognised that this particular model was nothing like the prototype when I was 10 years old (which was 52 years ago) therefore in my own mind rejected it. The Dublo 08 looked far superior and was singularly more expensive. 

Now look what this bloke is trying to do. A totally unrealistic model at a totally unrealistic price. HELP!!!!!! Would somebody please try to explain the rationale behind this price and this sales pitch?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hornby-R156-REFINISHED-KIT-BUILT-LMS-BLACK-0-6-0-CLASS-08-DIESEL-SHUNTER-LOCO-nf-/331964148891?hash=item4d4a9aec9b:g:VSsAAOSwFe5X0aRN

I know that this is rather like shooting fish in a barrel but FFS. I recognised that this particular model was nothing like the prototype when I was 10 years old (which was 52 years ago) therefore in my own mind rejected it. The Dublo 08 looked far superior and was singularly more expensive. 

Now look what this bloke is trying to do. A totally unrealistic model at a totally unrealistic price. HELP!!!!!! Would somebody please try to explain the rationale behind this price and this sales pitch?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hornby-R156-REFINISHED-KIT-BUILT-LMS-BLACK-0-6-0-CLASS-08-DIESEL-SHUNTER-LOCO-nf-/331964148891?hash=item4d4a9aec9b:g:VSsAAOSwFe5X0aRN

Say no more. It's GosTURDe

Can everybody on here go on Ebay and tell him its not KIT BUILT!

Edited by andytrains

• RMweb Gold

Say no more. It's GosTURDe

Can everybody on here go on Ebay and tell him its not KIT BUILT!

I have asked the following on this item:

This loco was never a kit. Why are you describing it as such. Equally, why do you describe a lot of the locos that you have for sale as kit built when they clearly are not.

Anybody want to copy and paste? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=331964148891&fromMakeTrack=true#ht_998wt_909

• RMweb Premium

I like that he puts 'kit built'. When I'm scrolling through pages of listigs I use this as my in-built filter that I can safely 'ignore' the listing. It's an easy identifier of who the seller is without having to click to open the item.

• Like 3

I like that he puts 'kit built'. ...

You should see some of the other extortionately-priced rubbish he's been trying to flog for years. Another favourite term that he uses are the magic words "painted by Larry Goddard" which he often splashes across any coaches that he might be selling. It was a running joke at one point that he appeared to have more "painted by Larry Goddard" coaches on his books than Larry had himself painted.

IMHO Tri-ang's awful toy ("We make toys not models" - this is the proof of that!) diesel shunter is something that should have been removed from sale very quickly.  Instead it's still in Hornby's catalogue, having undergone only minor improvements in sixty years....

They could have made it as a model of this, which at least has inside frames. It would still have been wrong, but not nearly as bad. Judging by the number, it's what was intended with the Studebaker Fancier's item.

https://transportsofdelight.smugmug.com/RAILWAYS/BRITISH-DIESEL-AND-ELECTRIC/PRE-BR/i-ZXfqRxF/A

Edited by Il Grifone