Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

EBay madness

Marcyg

Not enough narrow gauge on here, so how about something completely different?  (or perhaps not, given some of the imagination displayed by vendors)

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you 'One of a kind' , a 00-9  Bulleid Q1

https://tinyurl.com/mxtjpt3

"Will look great on any layout".

My layout is American-outline O Scale. Shall I send a message asking him how this 'model' is supposed to look great on that? :dontknow: :mosking:

As they did not sell for £500, the price has now doubled to £1000!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/collectible-trains-and-rails-/172631049126?hash=item28319cc3a6:g:HXkAAOSwvihY9eIa

Mike Wiltshire

There's some nice looking "O" clockwork Hornby items in that box, now it's not really up my street, but having been to many HRCA meeting auctions etc £500 might not be bad value at all.

I'am not an expert in Hornby O, but I've seen just one similar engine go for more

• RMweb Premium

My random trawl of all things yellow reveal this.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hornby-OO-GAUGE-INTER-CITY-125-DUMMY-PAINTED-NETWORK-RAIL-YELLOW-/371948218642?hash=item5699d76912:g:IxEAAOSwn-tZFcO5

The madness is NOT putting Network Rail stickers on it - could start the bidding at £2.99 then!

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Premium

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hornby-OO-GAUGE-INTER-CITY-125-DUMMY-PAINTED-NETWORK-RAIL-YELLOW-/371948218642?hash=item5699d76912:g:IxEAAOSwn-tZFcO5

The madness is NOT putting Network Rail stickers on it - could start the bidding at £2.99 then!

Cheers,

Mick

Make an ideal load for the Oxford low-loader.

• RMweb Premium

I don't think that is actually painted, I think the paint has been stripped off (badly) to reveal the original yellow plastic.

Cheers,

Mick

My eyes! My eyes!

• RMweb Gold

The chancer has also got the loco body and tender listed seperately with the same problem.

Mike.

• RMweb Gold

The chancer has also got the loco body and tender listed seperately with the same problem.

Mike.

....and doesn't seem to have a clue about sales presentation. It isn't that hard.

She's a mucky auld thing, fair bit dusty considering she's never been out of the box,

• RMweb Premium

To be fair, he might have taken it out of the box, he just doesn't remember doing it! I think it's called 'selective amnesia'.

Al

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

He'd make a good politician!

Mike.

Na, a politician would have said

something along the lines of,

"I may have said it's never been out of the box,

but that's not what I really meant"

There's some nice looking "O" clockwork Hornby items in that box, now it's not really up my street, but having been to many HRCA meeting auctions etc £500 might not be bad value at all.

I'am not an expert in Hornby O, but I've seen just one similar engine go for more

It could possibly be 'worth' £500, but "chucked in a box" does not inspire confidence. The 0 gauge Hornby compound and coaches are the only items of real interest as far as I can see (possibly the tinplate cars, but they don't count here do they?). The beat up Tri-ang and Dublo items maybe a tenner for the lot? The "eighty years old" is about right, (1930s) but the items do look their age.

Edited by Il Grifone

It could possibly be 'worth' £500, but "chucked in a box" does not inspire confidence. The 0 gauge Hornby compound and coaches are the only items of real interest as far as I can see (possibly the tinplate cars, but they don't count here do they?). The beat up Tri-ang and Dublo items maybe a tenner for the lot? The "eighty years old" is about right, (1930s) but the items do look their age.

Some of the best bargains I've ever purchased were just "chucked in a box", from car boot to toyfairs, best where were traders who use to leave the junk bits in boxes under the counter, I spent hours rummaging through junk to find that very rare item

There's a rare Hornby compound but it's not my field of interest

Some of the best bargains I've ever purchased were just "chucked in a box", from car boot to toyfairs, best where were traders who use to leave the junk bits in boxes under the counter, I spent hours rummaging through junk to find that very rare item

There's a rare Hornby compound but it's not my field of interest

I agree that's very true and I've done the same myself, but £500 is hardly a bargain price.

• RMweb Premium
  • Like 1