RMweb

EBay madness

Marcyg

Meanwhile, and somewhat off-topic, God loves a trier. And nothing more trying than this little gem:

>>Click here<<

Ah... but this must be 'new' and 'mint' as the seller's address is MK, very close to the birth place of the article concerned. Now if he could find out the name of the chap who moulded it the price would shoot up. :D

Actually it's quite cheap when you consider that the blue LNWR version was fetching 50p a go many years ago.

Bernard

• RMweb Gold

Meanwhile, and somewhat off-topic, God loves a trier. And nothing more trying than this little gem:

>>Click here<<

I remember those. I don't know if it was a specifically produced product or one of the sizes used for fireplaces and the like My father got sent one, but I won't be buying. That was the sort of freebie/sample given out in the late 50s. Had a green felt base to protect the tabletop. It may have been smoking related, but was a bit safer than the lump of rock asbestos he had from another company which we were occasionally allowed to pick at.

Dave

May be cheap Bernard, but look at the postage. Try estimating the cost of building a three bed semi!!

Ah, but there's always the option of not paying postage - whereupon the seller will deliver for free to a window near you!

The OO Stove R now re-appears at a reduced price - only £45 instead of £50! Reality dawns in Eastcote, at least a bit!

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...=item43a6b16ff8

Ah, but maybe what you didn't notice Dudders is that although the price has been reduced from £50 to £45, the postage was originally free but now it's, you've guessed..... £5.

You can't fault the persistance I guess?

• RMweb Gold

Ah, but maybe what you didn't notice Dudders is that although the price has been reduced from £50 to £45, the postage was originally free but now it's, you've guessed..... £5.

You can't fault the persistance I guess?

No, I missed that detail - but someone else didn't, and it sold for £45! How much does the magazine charge new?