EBay madness

Marcyg

Guest Belgian

I should put my copy up for sale. I wonder if it being soaked in cat p*ss would raise the value. :yahoo:

It couldn't lower it . . .

JE

• RMweb Gold

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LNER-GRESLEY-TEAK-COACHES-ex-FLYING-SCOTSMAN-TRAIN-PACK-/200619846422?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item2eb5dfeb16

An over zealous description I feel. The price isn't off the scale but it is a bit too high considering that it isn't a complete set.

Well, 4 mugs customers have bought them, so they are accelerating it's rarity!

Guest baldrick25

Well there's a novelty......

Ebay Linky

From the description----

"Suplus to requirements - was caught smuggling into the house, so has to go to a good home......"

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Well there's a novelty......

Ebay Linky

From the description----

"Suplus to requirements - was caught smuggling into the house, so has to go to a good home......"

That's nothing!

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/TRAINBUILDER-SOUTHERN-AURORA-TEN-CAR-SET-/250854462067?pt=AU_Toys_Hobbies_Model_Railways&hash=item3a68175273

It pays to do your own tax. It's at least his 2nd go at flogging it.

:cry:

Kevin Martin

• RMweb Gold

Here's a Hornby Britannia that's "brand new, unopened etc" but it's for repair only because it "doesn't work and shorts on track". Either it's dodgy or the guy's incompetent. If it's new and doesn't work it's still under warranty!

Ebay link

And another one - "Excellent A1 condition. Does not work". What??

Ebay link

• RMweb Premium

Here's a Hornby Britannia that's "brand new, unopened etc" but it's for repair only because it "doesn't work and shorts on track". Either it's dodgy or the guy's incompetent. If it's new and doesn't work it's still under warranty!

Ebay link

Ebay link

They have 2 bids & 7 bids on them respectively. Obviously some people don't read descriptions.

Kevin Martin

Guest baldrick25

Ebay link

Ebay link

Check the other items for sale, and also the feedback for previous sales, and it seems 'damaged, new' is a common feature. Perhaps they are damaged , returns by customers to shop(s) or manufacturer. The choice of descriptive words in that case by Ebay might be the problem here. Take the case of a 'shop' sending out a brand new item to a telephone customer, arrives damaged and is sent back, does it really fit with Ebay's description of 'new, unopened' or 'used'. Previous customers seem quite happy with what they receive. 'Does not work' could well be the description applied by the postal customer when returned, even if they have just changed their mind , or parents can't afford it any more on the credit card.

• RMweb Gold

Another explanation is that he purchased a new model but it sat in a box for over a year waiting for the layout to be ready. Then when he discovered it was not working the warranty had run out. I know, because that happened to me with a Hornby 08. Fortunately I was able to repair it myself.

Guest Natalie Graham

I spotted a good one earlier this evening. Mamod steam wagon, p&p £9.50, pick up only :blink:

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Judging by the tidal wave of carp that has been listed this weekend I am guessing it is a free listing day or something!!

However the latest entry in the 'Bachmann Mk II blue/Grey TSO Extortion Farce' has appeared at a truly piss taking Buy It Now: :angry:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Bachmann-MK2-TSO-SECOND-BLUE-GREY-NEW-MINT-TISSUE-/150633578563?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item2312760043

Fifty quid?!? You are having a giraffe matey...

• RMweb Gold

Judging by the tidal wave of carp that has been listed this weekend I am guessing it is a free listing day or something!!

However the latest entry in the 'Bachmann Mk II blue/Grey TSO Extortion Farce' has appeared at a truly piss taking Buy It Now: :angry:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Bachmann-MK2-TSO-SECOND-BLUE-GREY-NEW-MINT-TISSUE-/150633578563?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item2312760043

Fifty quid?!? You are having a giraffe matey...

(.I MAY BE LISTING TWO MORE IN THIS CONDITION).

Yeh, if he can find a big enough mug to buy the first one.