Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

EBay madness

Marcyg

17 hours ago, SteveyDee68 said:

Further exploration of his other items reveals this

In his description he reveals that “The loco's one connecting rod piece is broken, it is an easy repair however as-is the loco will not run.” [sic]

If it is an easy repair, why not do it?

However, the statement that further justifies awarding him the accolade of MC of the Day is …

“It has been priced accordingly for the faults.”

He wants £260 for it … wonder how much he would have wanted if it had been complete and working?!

Steve S

Is that one of those bradford exchange models, sorry overpriced naff toys? I believe Bachmann made some stock for them way back when, in 0n30 gauge.

• Like 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium
11 hours ago, Paul H Vigor said:

Posted on another rmweb thread: "Jar of solder paste dried out, how do I revive it?"

Had this question appeared on our own 'Madness' thread, at this festive time of year, I would have suggested offering said jar a wee dram?

I thought the correct answer, was to list it on eBay as 'some minor repair required'!

• Agree 1
  • Funny 7

3 hours ago, kevinlms said:

I thought the correct answer, was to list it on eBay as 'some minor repair required'!

"LOOK - RARE"  high density solder paste. May require minor repair, a major addition to your exclusive collection. 

Edited by Jol Wilkinson
typo
  • Like 1
  • Round of applause 3
  • Funny 6

On 15/12/2023 at 11:09, paulmblythe said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/134852242482?_trkparms=amclksrc%3DITM%26aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20160811114145%26meid%3Dcdba5dd653324c51903d1329fa2cbd27%26pid%3D100667%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D8%26sd%3D134852242482%26itm%3D134852242482%26pmt%3D0%26noa%3D1%26pg%3D2351460&_trksid=p2351460.c100667.m2042

madness from rails. kit is for an 0-8-0 but contains a chassis for an 0-6-0. also the tender is a later ivatt one and the box shows a stirling tender. I showed interest in this as i just picked up the same kit with all the correct parts for £125 second hand they are £199 new!

additional. having further looked at it i believe the kit is actually for an Ivatt J3 0-6-0 and in the wrong box which makes it even more expensive as the j3 is a cheaper kit than the Q1

I've contacted rails suggesting that this kit is actually an 0-6-0  and is in the wrong box they have just replied telling me I am wrong. Thing is I'm not wrong...

• Agree 5

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, paulmblythe said:

I've contacted rails suggesting that this kit is actually an 0-6-0  and is in the wrong box they have just replied telling me I am wrong. Thing is I'm not wrong...

If it was a NER Q1, it would still be wrong, as the LNER D18 was a 4-4-0!

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, kevinlms said:

Yet!

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-gloucestershire-67771640

But why not cut out the middleman and just capture farts, or pollie talk?

Are they selling that on ebay now?

In any case, with all this green lobby talk about wanting to ban meat because of the all methane being generated by cattle, would they be even more environmentally friendly using their process on farmyard manure?

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, kevinlms said:

Yet!

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-gloucestershire-67771640

But why not cut out the middleman and just capture farts, or pollie talk?

The new poo based fuel is chemically identical to fossil oil derived jet fuel so no way is it green, it's still pumping the same amount of C02 into the atmosphere.

Not quite sure what these guys are on but it's total twaddle.

The carbon is derived from the vegetables we eat so the poo needs to go back on the ground to grow more vegetables, not be burnt and lost into the atmosphere where it's not wanted.

Edited by melmerby
  • Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2