RMweb

EBay madness

Marcyg

• RMweb Gold

Mendacious chiseller trying to cash in on patriotic feeling for those lost in wars, apparenly unaware of how deeply offensive and insulting this is to those lost in wars and their families.  If he's really unaware, that is inexcusable, and if he is aware, then that is despicable. 

• Agree 6

• RMweb Premium
12 hours ago, The Johnster said:

I suspect that the reason for this may be that he retails at a set percentage above what he paid, 

I'd wondered similar 

Equally though, presumably all his listings help support the stock valuation on his balance sheet. I used to audit an antiques dealer who had a back yard full of lumps of concrete which were all, (supposedly) 4 and 5 figure french fireplaces. In 5 years I never saw any of them sell and they went bust eventually!

• Like 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, The Johnster said:

Mendacious chiseller trying to cash in on patriotic feeling for those lost in wars, apparenly unaware of how deeply offensive and insulting this is to those lost in wars and their families.  If he's really unaware, that is inexcusable, and if he is aware, then that is despicable. 

Trump gets away with similar attitudes or worse even and some of his fans adore him for it!

At least with model railway listings, you just need to decide to buy or decline.

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

I was looking for an OO Hornby Class 08 and came across this

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/276235988453?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=2IwrB5T5RLG&sssrc=2047675&ssuid=0s3Wp3YhSam&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

They have used AI to describe it which states "Although it has been previously owned, it has been well looked after and is in great working condition"

But looking at the 3rd picture, I'm not sure it is great working condition!

• Agree 2
  • Funny 3

8 hours ago, Hal Nail said:

I used to audit an antiques dealer who had a back yard full of lumps of concrete which were all, (supposedly) 4 and 5 figure french fireplaces. In 5 years I never saw any of them sell and they went bust eventually!

Did the dealer go bust? Or the hooky 'fireplaces'??

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Paul H Vigor said:

May his pants shrink and his colours run!

Someone needs to secrete several pink items with his white shirts...  🤪

• Funny 2

52 minutes ago, squeaky said:

I was looking for an OO Hornby Class 08 and came across this

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/276235988453?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=2IwrB5T5RLG&sssrc=2047675&ssuid=0s3Wp3YhSam&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

They have used AI to describe it which states "Although it has been previously owned, it has been well looked after and is in great working condition"

But looking at the 3rd picture, I'm not sure it is great working condition!

Looking at the wheel treads as well as the dodgy coupling rods I'd say that it's done a lot of miles before an axle packed up.

Possibly worth the risk of whether or not you can repair it if it was £22 rather than £122. 😆 

Edited by MrWolf
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

18 hours ago, John Besley said:

WHAT EVER YOU DO DONT LET IT GO ITS 100% RARE...  I'd never have guessed, thanks for warning us

It's so rare he's got 2 for sale.

• Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

31 minutes ago, Paul H Vigor said:

He should put them together! There might be babies!? 😎🔧🎇

Then they wouldn't be so rare...

I think they're the one loco, just listed in different formats.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
16 hours ago, MrWolf said:

Looking at the wheel treads as well as the dodgy coupling rods I'd say that it's done a lot of miles before an axle packed up.

Possibly worth the risk of whether or not you can repair it if it was £22 rather than £122. 😆 

Usually a sign of frequent rough driving abuse, flipping the direction switch into reverse at full speed, that sort of thing.  With that sort of previous owner, I’d stay well clear, gears are likely to be shot as well. 

• Agree 3
  • Informative/Useful 1

Not so much a listing but a cry for help. For just 5 pounds a month* you can save these wretched items and The Enemies of Thomas will receive a donation enabling them to hunt down the culprit and confiscate his humbrol paints and plastic faces.

(*29.3% interest via PayPal credit)

Warning: cruelty to model trains

Also an early candidate for a eBay bidding frenzy?

Like it

• Funny 1

14 minutes ago, Sjcm said:

Not so much a listing but a cry for help. For just 5 pounds a month* you can save these wretched items and The Enemies of Thomas will receive a donation enabling them to hunt down the culprit and confiscate his humbrol paints and plastic faces.

Probably worth it just for the chassis’s, could maybe salvage the Oxford Radial…

• Agree 4

• RMweb Premium
14 minutes ago, Sjcm said:

Also an early candidate for a eBay bidding frenzy?

Like it

And there you have it - as to why copyright holders, go chasing this type of person down with letters from their legal team.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sjcm said:

Not so much a listing but a cry for help. For just 5 pounds a month* you can save these wretched items and The Enemies of Thomas will receive a donation enabling them to hunt down the culprit and confiscate his humbrol paints and plastic faces

I refer my learned colleague to "Rule1" !

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
18 minutes ago, Paul H Vigor said:

1.4 metres or 4ft 7in.  Well I won't be fitting in it!

• Like 1
  • Funny 3

1 hour ago, Paul H Vigor said:

Rustic?

Looks more rusty to me!

• Like 1
  • Agree 5
  • Funny 1

2 hours ago, Paul H Vigor said:

That's Ollie.

C'mon, you know who!, 

• Funny 1

22 minutes ago, TinTracks said:

I've noticed that spare tenders for the old Dublo A4s ( and other locos) are sometimes fetching what can only be called bonkers prices. I suspect that this creation was born from desperation.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/305435066509?

Even though it's a LWB wagon chassis, I wouldn't trust it at normal A4 speeds!

• Agree 2
  • Funny 2