EBay madness

Marcyg

1 hour ago, MattR said:

"Item location:

Warwick, United Kingdom

Ships to: 

Worldwide

Excludes: 

Afghanistan, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Canada, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Libya, Nauru, Russian Federation, Somalia, Spain, Ukraine, United Kingdom, Yemen"

"Worldwide" except:....

A 'blacklist' of the home nations of those who have scoffed in the past?? 😎

Edited by Paul H Vigor
to add information
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Paul H Vigor said:

after looking at the photos on my 70 inch TV

Put it away mate, seen bigger ones on a gnat.

• Like 2
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium

Not sure if its maddness, but tthat moment when you have listed a kit with potescap and someone who breaks locos up and sells the motor, wheels and engine separtley sends an offer which is so low as to be not even worth what they would list the motor for, 

• Like 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

23 minutes ago, Blandford1969 said:

Not sure if its maddness, but tthat moment when you have listed a kit with potescap and someone who breaks locos up and sells the motor, wheels and engine separtley sends an offer which is so low as to be not even worth what they would list the motor for, 

Model loco breakers: Berk & Hair

• Funny 3

11 hours ago, Blandford1969 said:

When I list items I always set the minimum offer price at a fair market value so as to prevent these timewasters outright. I  have had one angry Scottish guy message me twice to say my minimums are ridiculous, but I just blocked him as I'm perfectly capable of seeing what other items actually sold for...

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 2
  • Round of applause 3

8 minutes ago, Captain Slough said:

I  have had one angry Scottish guy message me twice to say my minimums are ridiculous, but I just blocked him as I'm perfectly capable of seeing what other items actually sold for...

He might be on here.....

0116.png

• Funny 10

• RMweb Premium
11 hours ago, Captain Slough said:

When I list items I always set the minimum offer price at a fair market value so as to prevent these timewasters outright. I  have had one angry Scottish guy message me twice to say my minimums are ridiculous, but I just blocked him as I'm perfectly capable of seeing what other items actually sold for...

Thanks , yes, lesson learned and it has been added. In fairness if the thing does not sell this time I might take the motor out myself and sell it on. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)

After 23 years of buying and selling on eBay I'm cancelling my account

I did have 100% feedback but I listed something by mistake and it was purchased and paid for before I realised so I messaged an apology and issued a full refund immediately

However the complete c*ckwomble still decided to leave negative feedback even though I sent a refund straight away

I've been in touch with eBay and they don't give two f**ks about honest sellers (unless they are taking their fees) so I've told them they can shove their websh*te up their ar*e! 

100% for 23 years and one a**wipe can damage your reputation without any consequence

Rant over

Edited by chuffinghell
  • Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 14

5 hours ago, chuffinghell said:

They don't half make you jump through hoops to cancel your account 🙄

What a complete bunch of 🤬

Cormorants?

• Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, PhilJ W said:

I will not sell on E-bay for that very reason. I have given negative feedback where it has been well deserved but very rarely.

I just don't want to use eBay at all anymore, too many idiots which is why I'm cancelling my account and if I find out the guy is on here I'll be livid!

Edited by chuffinghell
  • Friendly/supportive 5

It's got a C N T & S in it but it ain't Cormorants

It's one of Miss Riding Hood's profanity avoidance phrases. One of the benefits of a private education, though she had to wear one of those straw hats like it was still 1955.....

I just don't want to use eBay at all anymore, too many idiots which is why I'm cancelling my account and if I find out the guy is on here I'll be livid!

I take it that you're somewhat disenchanted with the eBay "community"?

You'll be lured back, just like I was. An absolute bargain on a rainy night and I couldn't be arfed to get on the bike, draw the cash, go over to my mate's house and get him to buy it!*

*Said bargain is still happily  whirling round inside the engine of my BSA B33, having saved me nearly £100.

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium
6 hours ago, MrWolf said:

It's one of Miss Riding Hood's profanity avoidance phrases. One of the benefits of a private education, though she had to wear one of those straw hats like it was still 1955.....

Ohh did her hat have a posh ribbon and pinstripe uniform

• Funny 2

1 hour ago, John Besley said:

Ohh did her hat have a posh ribbon and pinstripe uniform

I've an idea where you're going with this line of questioning.... 😉

• Like 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
On 21/03/2024 at 09:16, Sjcm said:

Think I'm in the clear unless you sell tat, or it's been posted on here

Unless your name is Adam I'm sure you'll be in the clear

As far as tat I don't sell tat on ebay

The tat I sell is exclusively on here in the form of my GWR wagon kits

20 hours ago, MrWolf said:

I take it that you're somewhat disenchanted with the eBay "community"?

You'll be lured back

Yes if disenchanted is another word for f**king livid?

They won't lure me back, you of all people should no how stubborn I am 😄

• Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Another chiseller looking to make a killing : - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/266733347373?

The price is about twice that of a set in reasonable condition. "Loco runs but very slow, needs some oil and service." is probably short hand for the piston in the smoke generator has succumbed to mazak rot and the mechanism is slowly destroying itself. The box lid looks like it has seen better days as well.

• Like 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2
  • Funny 3