EBay madness

Marcyg

22 minutes ago, TinTracks said:

I've noticed that spare tenders for the old Dublo A4s ( and other locos) are sometimes fetching what can only be called bonkers prices. I suspect that this creation was born from desperation.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/305435066509?

Even though it's a LWB wagon chassis, I wouldn't trust it at normal A4 speeds!

• Agree 2
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
13 minutes ago, Hroth said:

I wouldn't trust it at normal A4 speeds!

Your right there. Certainly would need the grandbairns stood at the corners as 'catchers' ☺️

Cheers, Rich

• Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
26 minutes ago, TinTracks said:

Your right there. Certainly would need the grandbairns stood at the corners as 'catchers' ☺️

Cheers, Rich

As a grandbairn (not yours obviously!) those were the days. Dual loop of Hornby tinplate 3 rail with flying scotsman hurtling round one way, Royal Scot the other, and crossover points randomly thrown made for some spectacular events!

• Like 2
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, TinTracks said:

I've noticed that spare tenders for the old Dublo A4s ( and other locos) are sometimes fetching what can only be called bonkers prices. I suspect that this creation was born from desperation.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/305435066509?

Seamless and indistinguishable!

Mike.

• Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 3

1 hour ago, SteveyDee68 said:

Rule #1 of Mendacious Chiselling

Ensure your photographs have a contrasting background busier than Kings Cross Station

Junk for sale

🙄

Rule 1a.  Make sure your photo is at least slightly out of focus.

Reminds me of the good old days of the Rocket Railways bargain boxes!

• Funny 7

I think I've finally cracked up. Browsing through the newly listed/ending soonest  on my searches this morning, I realised I'd saved my own listing to my watch list. May try a sneaky bid near the end 😎

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 12

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, big jim said:

Dunno whether to put this in eBay madness or good buy thread but an interesting item for someone in the Norwich area with room and not a ridiculous price!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/204683929624?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=vVYiqDAURm2&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=TJORlFVXTTy&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Doesn't say what scale it is, at first I thought N scale but it might be 00.

• Agree 2

40 minutes ago, PhilJ W said:

Doesn't say what scale it is, at first I thought N scale but it might be 00.

Trying to work out how may layouts are involved in the sale 2? 3? British and/or North American??

Edited by Paul H Vigor
to add information
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Paul H Vigor said:

Trying to work out how may layouts are involved in the sale 2? 3? British and/or North American??

im counting 3

big American n gauge

smaller triangular n gauge, possibly British as that has a red telephone box on it, I wonder if that’s the one the seller thinks might be Norwich (crown point triangle area) 

a British oo branch line terminal 

the strange thing is the more i look at the pictures the more i can smell the room 

Edited by big jim
  • Like 2
  • Agree 2

34 minutes ago, big jim said:

im counting 3

big American n gauge

smaller triangular n gauge, possibly British as that has a red telephone box on it, I wonder if that’s the one the seller thinks might be Norwich (crown point triangle area) 

a British oo branch line terminal 

the strange thing is the more i look at the pictures the more i can smell the room 

Layouts abandoned after house sale? Sellers just want rid of them?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

16 minutes ago, Paul H Vigor said:

Layouts abandoned after house sale? Sellers just want rid of them?

Looks very much that way.  Deceased estate perhaps.

The old problem of designed to fit a particular room and won't fit somewhere else.

Looks rather interesting, it would be a shame if it fails to sell and ends up being scrapped into to achieve a house sale.

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
50 minutes ago, Michael Hodgson said:

Looks very much that way.  Deceased estate perhaps.

The old problem of designed to fit a particular room and won't fit somewhere else.

Looks rather interesting, it would be a shame if it fails to sell and ends up being scrapped into to achieve a house sale.

the description does say it’s in a house they have bought and they need em gone , bet they end up in a skip 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

If they want them gone, just say FREE to collector, or donate to youth centre, community group etc.

May spark an interest in someone then...

• Like 2

Looks like Rails of Sheffield are letting their ebay intern loose on their main listings!

https://railsofsheffield.com/products/Hornby-r30031-class-87-87009-city-of-birmingham-bo-bo-intercity-executive-livery-diesel-locomotive

Its not often you hear a Class 87 25kv loco called a diesel loco!"

20 minutes ago, Sjcm said:

I'm undecided if this is an exercise in putting far too much work into something that wasn't much cop in the first place, or something a HD collector would kill for.

Ever-ready Tube train

Given that the original mazak running gear tended to collapse in a pile of rot and it looks like the bodies are made from bendy plastic, one that will run on HD 3-rail may have an attraction.  But it was a cheap (50/-!) battery operated toy in its day and is more a curiosity than anything else.

I'll give it a miss.

• Like 4
  • Funny 1

yes I think it would appeal to someone with a big terminus layout having a tube line running by the side of it and maybe disappearing into a tunnel as long as you don't look too closely at it. 21 watchers currently.

• Like 2

Last year I sold 5 Ever-Ready tube train vehicles in far worse condition than those,and unpowered and with partial repaint restoration and crumbling wheels, for a total of £63 - I started the auction at £50.  Thats a really good deal and a working one with box is hens teeth nowadays

Bodies are stamped aluminium and are banana shaped from new. Design is clearly based on Bulleid 1940 Waterloo&City Line stock and shouldnt be in LT Red

Edited by Captain Slough
  • Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 2

I should dig out my FEVA/Street Scenes 1992-stock diecast tube train and put that on sale... its about the only LT themed thing I havent sold yet and everything else really sold easily

Edited by Captain Slough
  • Like 2