EBay madness

Marcyg

Twelve watchers apparently as of 14:27 today, one of those being me, just for the hell of it. 

Are we giving false hope of a ridiculous profit for the poor seller?

Good.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 3

I sell the odd bit through ebay now and then, usually got a few items listed and try my best to offer good quality / good condition items at sensible prices. Then I see some of the tat shown on these pages for ridiculous amounts I sometimes wonder should I just add the word "rare" to all the descriptions and add a zero to the price?

• Agree 3
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

43 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

Twelve watchers apparently as of 14:27 today, one of those being me, just for the hell of it. 

Good.

@15:14

13 are watching now!

• Funny 5

5 hours ago, colin55 said:

Huntley and Palmers boxed set anyone?

Now, if I won the lottery (🙄) I’d snap that up in an instant and then pay someone to do a really top notch weathering job on the whole set (the presentation box as well, just for the sheer hell of it).

Then sit back and watch the collectors weep! 🤣

Steve S

• Funny 4

• RMweb Premium
33 minutes ago, SteveyDee68 said:

Now, if I won the lottery (🙄) I’d snap that up in an instant and then pay someone to do a really top notch weathering job on the whole set (the presentation box as well, just for the sheer hell of it).

Then sit back and watch the collectors weep! 🤣

Steve S

And genuine biscuit crumbs in the wagons?

• Agree 1
  • Funny 5

10 minutes ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

About as accurately as Poundland do!

Mike.

"Poundland" nowadays is more a case of "find something for a pound amongst all the stuff priced at least twice as much".

I remember the days of the 50p shops....

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

They're called charity shops these days aren't they?

Mike.

Not at all.

Charity shops pricing policy is aligned with similar items found on ebay.  The most expensive equivalents at that...

The influence of Mendacious Chiselers reaches that far!

• Agree 3

• RMweb Gold

Would anyone like to hazard a guess as to what desirable item is being “bigged-up” here? The description is so over-the-top I can’t believe the seller had a straight face when typing it….

“This ********** is a must-have for any collector of model railways and trains. Made from high-quality plastic and steel, this vintage ********** is in excellent condition and perfect for adding to your collection. With a two-rail system and analogue control system, this ********** is a great addition to any railway-themed display. The ********** adds a touch of authenticity and nostalgia to this already impressive piece. Made in the United Kingdom and featuring a scale of 1:148, this ********** is sure to impress any admirer of transportation-themed collectables.”

Here’s the link if you simply must have it….

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/145628904816?_trkparms=amclksrc%3DITM%26aid%3D1110006%26algo%3DHOMESPLICE.SIM%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D260884%26meid%3D57ebea1cc5674f2cad6fd7949eb3ffd6%26pid%3D101195%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D12%26sd%3D204668822214%26itm%3D145628904816%26pmt%3D1%26noa%3D0%26pg%3D4429486%26algv%3DSimplAMLv11WebTrimmedV3MskuWithLambda85KnnRecallV1V2V4ItemNrtInQueryAndCassiniVisualRankerAndBertRecallWithVMEV3CPCAutoWithCassiniEmbRecall%26brand%3DGraham%2BFarish&_trksid=p4429486.c101195.m1851&itmprp=cksum%3A14562890481657ebea1cc5674f2cad6fd7949eb3ffd6|enc%3AAQAIAAABcHD%2FO%2BVoFoPPIoZ2g0kOZxWd85mWuIHekSp3qag7zFfwObZeQoitzE%2FDCfcejfO%2BzOLmzZmy11RrgWpA56KM9DpasK%2BGtGYwCFvgaK6ijP5AqShEUhT8f2oX6hvndJ3G0oWH8DD1DlBWseQltpxcSDW2Uu52NrseaxeINpsrDP6vx7ny%2BkPKauMa3yeSanWiitEPaKZTUw4lnmgpkrdGoVWQu02%2FX9%2Fq9m9AyoC%2BGGyULhhvy6yCONjYgJ%2B3DnRGYkY47OAMZz6WgMdrIa%2Bg4LR%2BgexSDOpgB%2FEILFggU9WhoF52H%2FeVyGjV2X5zMXYKHTN1ab%2BkPkpCw2KvlHehRzmeTHhUxdxVljSMAPzxeMY8D9R99Y8pkbOe3SbWqfejDM%2FwkwE8O76DcQ9QAp6ZlDIksgJH69FjT61DF9ey9a966z3mDhu7EoQZfrzVrr7KE%2B2zUqfdz6XsENvMsfJ6C1IFEKCe%2F11%2Fhm7NZfhQ9RNL|ampid%3APL_CLK|clp%3A4429486&epid=21012049151&itmmeta=01HQQBZ4DX6PXAG6DA7MVV0DHQ

• Funny 8

• RMweb Premium
16 minutes ago, The Pilotman said:

Would anyone like to hazard a guess as to what desirable item is being “bigged-up” here? The description is so over-the-top I can’t believe the seller had a straight face when typing it….

This is eBay’s AI machine at work, no typing necessary just click the AI description button.

• Agree 3
  • Informative/Useful 1

18 hours ago, MrWolf said:

Good.

Now 17 watching, still no bids.

But there's still over 7 days to run on the auction, perhaps there's stil hope?

More madness, someone wants over 35 quid (inc post) for a static BoB ripoff copy.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/204630389687

• Like 3

In the "More like this" section below that listing, there's a fair selection of other dust catchers for around the £30 mark, with several listed as "last one!"

Soon it will be car boot sale season again and they'll be able to restock at £2-£5 apiece ready for the Christmas rush...

• Like 3
  • Round of applause 1

7 minutes ago, Hacksworth_Sidings said:

Is that not just a static replica of the Triang/Hornby model? Note the steps moulded onto the front bogie rather than the body…

IMG_8560.jpeg.bd94148c60dad05cb39d2067dc5c1c76.jpeg

Yes, one of the GBL series (couldn't remember that when I posted). Its still a ripoff copy, and £35 is a bit steep.

Note that the vendor has posed it on a piece of Super 4 track!

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, The Pilotman said:

“This ********** is a must-have for any collector of model railways and trains. Made from high-quality plastic and steel, this vintage ********** is in excellent condition and perfect for adding to your collection. With a two-rail system and analogue control system, this ********** is a great addition to any railway-themed display. The ********** adds a touch of authenticity and nostalgia to this already impressive piece. Made in the United Kingdom and featuring a scale of 1:148, this ********** is sure to impress any admirer of transportation-themed collectables.”

Here’s the link if you simply must have it….

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/145628904816?

No need to post all the link to E-bay, just up to the question mark.

• Agree 1