EBay madness

Marcyg

4 minutes ago, Paul H Vigor said:

Sold by 'Mr 99p'!?

And if you have a look in Poundland, you'll find that there's a large quantity of stock that is priced at considerably more than a pound!

Arrrrr.....  Oi remember when we had they 50p shops!

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 2
  • Funny 3

6 minutes ago, Hroth said:

And if you have a look in Poundland, you'll find that there's a large quantity of stock that is priced at considerably more than a pound!

Arrrrr.....  Oi remember when we had they 50p shops!

And the horror when beer reached £1 a pint!

• Agree 3
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Paul H Vigor said:

And the horror when beer reached £1 a pint!

Pubs were full of old timers who all, to a man, stated unequivocally that they would never pay a pound for a pint of beer.  And, to a man, were unequivocally there the evening of the budget paying a pound for a pint of beer.  Then it was £1.20, and so on.

These were the same characters who, to a man, stated unequivocally that they would never pay five bob for a packet of fags.  Guess how that worked out for them...

Edited by The Johnster
  • Like 3
  • Agree 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium
Posted (edited)

I tend to find, any seller who pretenciously uses the word 'collectibles' in their username automatically qualifies for membership of the Society of Golden Chislers...

Edited by John M Upton
  • Like 1
  • Agree 6

• RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, MrWolf said:

Not actually model railways, but I'm certain it will give you a laugh. 

The AI description is hilarious when taken alongside the pictures.

"Good vintage condition" my ar....

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/235470109666?

If that's "playworn" I'd love to see what he considers knackered!

Mike.

• Agree 5

• RMweb Premium
24 minutes ago, PieGuyRob said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/285776675022?

How much for a Lima dmu? For £25 extra you can get a 3 car Bachmann one from Kernow.

Top dollar for these used to be about thirty five quid, still is in my opinion but I suppose you could add a tenner for the DCC and light fitment although an analogue dinosaur like me would rip all that out anyway.

• Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
11 hours ago, MrWolf said:

Not actually model railways, but I'm certain it will give you a laugh. 

The AI description is hilarious when taken alongside the pictures.

"Good vintage condition" my ar....

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/235470109666?

I don't actually see anything wrong with the CAB!

Playworn condition please see all pics half broken cab perfect for restoration project please see the pictures.

But perhaps I was only looking at the chassis, which apparently has been snapped in half and half of it chucked in the bin!

But maybe there is another listing that says that there is a restoration project for a 'choose your own cab' model?

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, John M Upton said:

Top dollar for these used to be about thirty five quid, still is in my opinion but I suppose you could add a tenner for the DCC and light fitment although an analogue dinosaur like me would rip all that out anyway.

Wow, I have about 10 cars that I was going to use to shut and cut - I'll keep them and make my fortune!

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

1 hour ago, PieGuyRob said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/285776675022?

How much for a Lima dmu? For £25 extra you can get a 3 car Bachmann one from Kernow.

Admittedly its DCC fitted with lights, but that doesn't do much to offset those clunky Lima couplings!

I've 4 3 car Lima sets, 2 in green and 2 in blue/grey*, and  I'm sure I didn't pay more than £100 for all of them!

I noticed a DCC fitted Bachmann 108 3 car set in green for £179...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/395268566427

* Might be just blue, can't remember, and can't get at them at present to check!

Edited by Hroth
a bit more
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, kevinlms said:

I don't actually see anything wrong with the CAB!

Playworn condition please see all pics half broken cab perfect for restoration project please see the pictures.

But perhaps I was only looking at the chassis, which apparently has been snapped in half and half of it chucked in the bin!

But maybe there is another listing that says that there is a restoration project for a 'choose your own cab' model?

Except that I should have pointed out that anywhere other than eBay that item would be chucked in the £2 box rather than being the thick end of £40!

• Agree 1

49 minutes ago, Hroth said:

Admittedly its DCC fitted with lights, but that doesn't do much to offset those clunky Lima couplings!

I've 4 3 car Lima sets, 2 in green and 2 in blue/grey*, and  I'm sure I didn't pay more than £100 for all of them!

I noticed a DCC fitted Bachmann 108 3 car set in green for £179...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/395268566427

It certainly seems daft money for a venerable old Lima model even though they can be upgraded quite a bit.

49 minutes ago, Hroth said:

* Might be just blue, can't remember, and can't get at them at present to check!

Is that because you're not at home, or is it like my motorcycle parts store where I can risk triggering an avalanche of junk whilst hunting for something?

• Funny 3