Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

EBay madness

Marcyg

• RMweb Gold

Speaking of 'Our friend from Cartmel' this http://www.ebay.co.u...=item45fd68d591 is still there. It must be over five years by now. His listing fees must have cost more than his asking price.

I sold one exactly like this one to a collector of these 'things' and the bidding reached £1.29! (mentioned way back in this thread)

....some never seem to give up and chuck rubbish in the bin.

Speaking of 'Our friend from Cartmel' this http://www.ebay.co.u...=item45fd68d591 is still there. It must be over five years by now. His listing fees must have cost more than his asking price.

Just think, in those five years, he could have bought a new Bachmann pannier tank (ironically for the same price as his over-priced, poorly-detailed whitemetal body casting) and sold it for a huge profit on ebay :)

Mind you his Terms and conditions, as he's a business seller breach the distance selling regulations. As do a lot of folks on there.

We DO NOT ACCEPT ANY RESPONSIBILITY for items lost, or damaged in the post, we keep records of all items posted for TWO MONTHS. In the rare event of an item becoming missing or lost in the post we will give all assistance and make claims to the Post Office on your behalf, successful claims for loss will only reflect the value of the item as the Post Office will not refund postal charges.

• RMweb Gold

Mind you his Terms and conditions, as he's a business seller breach the distance selling regulations. As do a lot of folks on there.

What part of the regulations is it that these people breach? it would be interesting to know.

• RMweb Premium

And just to prove that sometimes EBay comes up with a bargain, I just picked up a Mainline Freight blue Hornby Class 60 for just fifty notes!! There were going for over a ton at one point!!

And just to prove that sometimes EBay comes up with a bargain, I just picked up a Mainline Freight blue Hornby Class 60 for just fifty notes!!  There were going for over a ton at one point!!

Everything is relative though, to you that might be a bargain, to someone else (especially if they don't want one or are the seller) it could be a killing.

This is interesting....

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item3a7017a74e

"This week, I have been mostly chopping up old magazines and flogging the articles"

This chap's at it too.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/mikesmorris/m.html?_trkparms=65%253A12%257C66%253A2%257C39%253A1%257C72%253A5788&rt=nc&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14.l1513&_pgn=2

Could be handy - unless RM do a reprints service.

...I just picked up a Mainline Freight blue Hornby Class 60 for just fifty notes!!...

Me too (except mine was £62 and in Loadhaul livery) - superb value for such a good model. Despite the 'HOW MUCH???' brigade, there are still some bargains to be had on ebay if you stick to your principles and accept that you win some, you lose some.

Must be because I'm dutch, but the words 'rare'and 'collectable' don't readily spring to mind when viewing this lot...

No, it's not just you, at least one national of the United Kingdom also thinks its a badly-presented heap of rubbish! I wouldn't have the cheek to ask over £200 for anything without making the effort to stand it up in a straight line for the photo.

Cheers,

Will

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

No, it's not just you, at least one national of the United Kingdom also thinks its a badly-presented heap of rubbish! I wouldn't have the cheek to ask over £200 for anything without making the effort to stand it up in a straight line for the photo.

Cheers,

Will

If you look at their other 'stuff' it's just another junk shop chancer.

I can't be certain, but I imagine controllers of this vintage would be modern enough to be earthed (hopefully!), thus reducing the likelihood of injury in the event of internal damage.

• RMweb Premium

Off topic, but looking at the photo, how wise would it be to use a 30 to 40-odd year old transformer, particularly the neglected looking item in the picture?

Depends; I still use an H&M minipack that's 46 years old.