Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

EBay madness

Marcyg

I've no way of judging these things but there seems to have been some genuine competition driving the price of this kit up?  (Unfortunately a sad situation that caused the sale)

But about the going rate for these Live Steam kits (complete they can fetch real classic car prices)

That is an ex-NBR C15 kit.

Problem solved then!! I was wondering if it was a precursor tank possibly, the chassis was throwing me though

Speaking of LNWR another from our friend Gostude

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/370603807660?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

£99.50 starting price, wondering if he may have this one at a price someone will pay, its not stunning but its not bad either, though his desription is a bit poor

• RMweb Gold

Speaking of LNWR another from our friend Gostude

http://www.ebay.co.u...984.m1438.l2649

£99.50 starting price, wondering if he may have this one at a price someone will pay, its not stunning but its not bad either, though his desription is a bit poor

Unusual to see something 'in auction' rather than 'BIN' as far as I can remember. There are actually some items now with a start price of £0.99!

• RMweb Gold

Unusual to see something 'in auction' rather than 'BIN' as far as I can remember. There are actually some items now with a start price of £0.99!

Now removed from sale along with 13 other items on looking at "completed listings"

• RMweb Premium

"I have no idea of the manufacturer of this kit."

What Gostude needs to do is read the listing title.......................

"This seller is currently away until 10 May 2012. If you make a purchase, there may be a delay in processing your order." Gives you time to save up for it.

Cheers,

Mick

"I have no idea of the manufacturer of this kit."

What Gostude needs to do is read the listing title.......................

"This seller is currently away until 10 May 2012. If you make a purchase, there may be a delay in processing your order." Gives you time to save up for it.

Cheers,

Mick

Rather odd why it has been ended early as it had not long been listed, bit disapointed because I wanted to see what it did, as for saving up for it no thanks I have one in the loft waiting for its turn on the workbench :)

Meanwhile, some very suspicious bidding patterns on this one:

http://offer.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=180859778790&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:BIDN&_trksid=p3984.m1426.l2765

I have to say that I suspect an element of shill bidding here, particularly with bidders' identities being hidden. I wanted to bid for this one yesterday, and put in my maximum. Within a short space of time, there was a rapid succession of underbids from a second bidder, all with the apparent aim of driving up the price. On that basis I withdrew my bid. Surprise, surprise, the "underbidder" also withdrew.

On trying again today, the same pattern happened. I think I'll be reporting this one to eBay.....not that they'll do anything.

• RMweb Gold

Meanwhile, some very suspicious bidding patterns on this one:

http://offer.ebay.co...984.m1426.l2765

I have to say that I suspect an element of shill bidding here, particularly with bidders' identities being hidden. I wanted to bid for this one yesterday, and put in my maximum. Within a short space of time, there was a rapid succession of underbids from a second bidder, all with the apparent aim of driving up the price. On that basis I withdrew my bid. Surprise, surprise, the "underbidder" also withdrew.

On trying again today, the same pattern happened. I think I'll be reporting this one to eBay.....not that they'll do anything.

I agree that ebay probably won't do anything, look at that Class 201 that keeps coming round despite being reported by a number of us. Agree also that hiding bidders' identity is a pain and probably does more harm than good.

Imposs to tell without being able to see the detail but it may not have been shill, just a newbie almost catching a cold. I notice that when you can see bidders identity, you often get newbies who've learnt that if you keep putting in bids in small increments you can see what the high bidder has bid. They're just a complete waste of space

as they never end up being the one who wins anyway.

These days if I'm interested in something that I'm prepared to pay a lot of sovs for, I might enter a small bid to keep it on my screen, but only enter real value in last 10 secs (if it hasn't gone above my max). That doesn't save me from sniping progs but does spare me these wallies.