RMweb

EBay madness

Marcyg

• RMweb Gold

This fantastically done 47 was £51 when I first started watching it. It's £150 now and I will be interested to see what it goes for. Could this end up as ebay madness?

http://www.ebay.co.u...984.m1423.l2649

Went for £180 (to someone with no retractions). One hundred and ayyyyyyyyyteeeeeee.

• Like 1

Hopefully a simple case of the slipped decimal - either that or we are into the Xmas season of over inflated optimistic rip-offs - likely to end in zero bids ... but then again you never know it is amazing how desperate some Santas get to stuff little Jimmy's stocking.

I dont think it is a case of a rogue decimal point if you look at the prices of his other items!!!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/181039513401?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

Bit different as its TT, alot there yes but I like his wording, as he has not actually paid for the reserve function he states as a base price for selling, if you bid less and win and he refused to sell it to you is that a punishable offence in ebay eyes?

• Like 1

R4577 @ £35 (rrp) on Hornby's website. Seems to be OOS ATM but why not wait rather than paying £79?

Are they a 'limited production'?

Not as such. Hornby just didn't make enough to satisfy the demand and they all sold out in a matter of days. I bought all 3 of the new Hornby Thompsons for £85 a few weeks back.

Gra

R4577 @ £35 (rrp) on Hornby's website. Seems to be OOS ATM but why not wait rather than paying £79?

Are they a 'limited production'?

The funny thing is that you only have to wait a couple of days or so.

One went for a BIN of around £55 the other day and the one you mention went in a bidding war.

By way of a contrast at least six have been sold in the last week at around £35.

They do not hang around when they are listed at sensible prices but they are available.

There are everal comments on the Hornby section of the forum about this topic.

Bernard

Hopefully a simple case of the slipped decimal - either that or we are into the Xmas season of over inflated optimistic rip-offs - likely to end in zero bids ... but then again you never know it is amazing how desperate some Santas get to stuff little Jimmy's stocking.

I sent this bloke a message earlier pointing out that I could buy a lot of his stuff for less new but if he was prepared to reduce his prices to something more sensible I would be interested. As yet I haven't received a reply.

• RMweb Premium

http://www.ebay.co.u...984.m1438.l2649

Bit different as its TT, alot there yes but I like his wording, as he has not actually paid for the reserve function he states as a base price for selling, if you bid less and win and he refused to sell it to you is that a punishable offence in ebay eyes?

Yes, avoiding reserve listing fees as he is doing is not allowed by ebay.

And he's also advertising other stuff for sale if you contact him direct.

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford

Got a reply off the bloke with over priced loco's etc

Dont feel you need too bid if your not interested,i want a new Lotus but i would not goto the garage and say,i like that car,reduce the price and i would buy it.

He has obviously been to the Gostude school of pricing

• RMweb Premium

Got a reply off the bloke with over priced loco's etc

Dont feel you need too bid if your not interested,i want a new Lotus but i would not goto the garage and say,i like that car,reduce the price and i would buy it.

In other words, mind your own business. How can they be overpriced, if presumably his actually selling them?

If others don't do their homework, or bid when p****d, then more fool them.

• Like 3

Gostude sale of optimism strikes again........another of them well known Lima GUV "kits" that has been built to the highest quality, he has so much neck on him he has even left the £10.00 hand written price sticker on the box, probably just to keep the box pristine.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LIMA-5657-KIT-BUILT-BR-MAROON-GUV-UTILITY-CAR-COACH-M86890-BANGOR-WEATHERED-mv-/330797218453?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item4d050cfa95

• Like 1

Yes, avoiding reserve listing fees as he is doing is not allowed by ebay.

And he's also advertising other stuff for sale if you contact him direct.

Cheers,

Mick

As yet no response from ebay for reporting the listing, if i ever get one lol, Just feel that the stuff he is listing he thinks is far moe valuable than what it is actually worth, miles out of touch with what its worth